The Modern / Current Players Draft

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
II've got three that all seem equally appealing, and at least another two that seem like solid choices also.
I'd love to know who those five are.

Personally think it's a no brainer but we all see it differently.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Hmm I won't mind being a scout as it's not such a time consuming role. PM me if you want one.

NM

Xavi? If @Pat_Mustard pulls a good team around him, it will be amazing. I'm not even bothering to think of my pick. All the good ones will be gone by the time I'm up.

Skizzo

Xavi? If @Pat_Mustard pulls a good team around him, it will be amazing. I'm not even bothering to think of my pick. All the good ones will be gone by the time I'm up.
That's pretty much my attitude at this point, already put my shortlist aside for now. Bit bummed I didn't get the last spot..but at least im close enough for it still to be a bit of an advantage.

NM

That's pretty much my attitude at this point, already put my shortlist aside for now. Bit bummed I didn't get the last spot..but at least im close enough for it still to be a bit of an advantage.
Well I'll have to pull some sort of partnership out of my ass with my pick or I'm fecked basically. Pool of great players is tiny. The best one (Ronnie) just went IMO

Skizzo

Well I'll have to pull some sort of partnership out of my ass with my pick or I'm fecked basically. Pool of great players is tiny. The best one (Ronnie) just went IMO
Yeah, think that was really the only truly top tier one available...unless I've completely overlooked some.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I had a strategy but as soon as Ronnie became available, strategy out the window :/

NM

I beat you to it @Skizzo .. and after what you did to him in the last draft.. do you really want him?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Teams till now:
  1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho
  3. Physiocrat: 1.
  4. MJJ: 1.
  5. Stobzilla: 1.
  6. The Red Viper: 1.
  7. Isotope: 1.
  8. Theon: 1.
  9. BorsDeLedFora: 1.
  10. Snow: 1.
  11. VivaJanuzaj: 1.
  12. NoPace: 1.
  13. Barney: 1.
  14. Skizzo: 1.
  15. crappycraperson: 1.
  16. NM: 1.

NoPace

feck it. Looking through the pool, there's only one that jumps out as an undisputed GOAT in his position. I'll asuredly get loads of shite for playing him in a non-Barca formation but I choose:

Xavi
It's insane that's even a criticism.

BorisDeLeFora

Ronaldinho, a great and still a fecking waste, I just assumed he was outside the age limit, didn't even consider him, not that I would have gotten him anyway.

Probably the best available player.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Ronaldinho is the best vote magnet on this draft and a great player to say the least but if the set up is right, I'd rate Xavi higher. Easier said than done though, esp with the scarce resources available but looking forward to see how Pat utilizes him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Wow, this one I'm quite interested in, please let me know if there's a waiting list if anyone drops out.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Btw, this one was done 4 years ago (only players born on or after June 25, 1987), just wondering if it's about time we try it again.

*Messi was born June 24, 1987

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Teams till now:
  1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho
  3. Physiocrat: 1. Robben
  4. MJJ: 1. Kaka
  5. Stobzilla: 1.
  6. The Red Viper: 1.
  7. Isotope: 1.
  8. Theon: 1.