12. NoPace: 1.
  13. Barney: 1.
  14. Skizzo: 1.
  15. crappycraperson: 1.
  16. NM: 1.
@NoPace

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah me too, he's brilliant don't get me wrong, but I thought he's got a round to go
Given the players I have in front of me on my sheet, that would mean I would likely not get him at all. I had about 5 picks in mind. Opted for him for reasons I will not disclose yet.

VivaJanuzaj

Given the players I have in front of me on my sheet, that would mean I would likely not get him at all. I had about 5 picks in mind. Opted for him for reasons I will not disclose yet.
Good pick nevertheless, he'd be a handful to any RB I'd give you that, not sure he wouldn't have got back to you though.. If it was judged purely on form I'd have him top 3 picks

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Have a plan and stick to it. With these drafts, the individual thinking has gone right out the window and people pick to satisfy the received consensus. Be creative, it will be more rewarding in the end, even though your soul will feel like it has been stepped on after a first round white wash.
:lol: Aye, that's the worry. I'm just going to see who is still available by the time my next picks roll around because I have no idea what the pool will look like then. Then I'll hatch a proper plan.

In 2008, Xavi was excellent with a more traditional front 3. He doesn't need Tiki-Taka to be dominant.

Just make sure the other 2 midfielders with him are technically solid enough to keep up with him, don't draft an immobile target man and you'll be fine. Maybe an aggressive, speedy fullback on one wing.
Good post mate. I've got a good few names that I think fit the bill, some of them hopefully obscure enough to slip under the radar for awhile.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
  1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho
  3. Physiocrat: 1. Robben
  4. MJJ: 1. Kaka
  5. Stobzilla: 1. Lahm
  6. The Red Viper: 1. Iniesta
  7. Isotope: 1. Suárez
  8. Theon: 1. Schweinsteiger
  9. BorsDeLedFora: 1. Vidic
  10. Snow: 1. Hazard
  11. VivaJanuzaj: 1. Thiago Silva
  12. NoPace: 1. Kroos
  13. Barney: 1. Gerrard
  14. Skizzo: 1.
@Skizzo

NoPace

The problem isn't with other managers, it's when people just come on and vote for flashy names up front even if Bramble-Alcaraz is the CB pairing, or against guys like Gerrard.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
The problem isn't with other managers, it's when people just come on and vote for flashy names up front even if Bramble-Alcaraz is the CB pairing, or against guys like Gerrard.
Hopefully managers getting two votes helps solve that problem then.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
  1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho
  3. Physiocrat: 1. Robben
  4. MJJ: 1. Kaka
  5. Stobzilla: 1. Lahm
  6. The Red Viper: 1. Iniesta
  7. Isotope: 1. Suárez
  8. Theon: 1. Schweinsteiger
  9. BorsDeLedFora: 1. Vidic
  10. Snow: 1. Hazard
  11. VivaJanuzaj: 1. Thiago Silva
  12. NoPace: 1. Kroos
  13. Barney: 1. Gerrard
  14. Skizzo: 1. Muller
@crappycraperson

NoPace

Yeah but at least we recognise that Suarez is good.
I think everyone sane recognizes that Gerrard was a very good number 10 (or one of the 2 CM's in front of a DM in a 4-3-3 or anything like that) who would score goals, run around and play dangerous through balls.

The questions come when he is deployed deeper and against strong opposition (which obviously every team in this draft will be).

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
I think everyone sane recognizes that Gerrard was a very good number 10 (or one of the 2 CM's in front of a DM in a 4-3-3 or anything like that) who would score goals, run around and play dangerous through balls.

The questions come when he is deployed deeper and against strong opposition (which obviously every team in this draft will be).
Gerrard has performed regularly against great opposition. The same cannot be said of Suarez.

VivaJanuzaj

Cheers @Gio @Pat_Mustard @NM , really pleased to get him, almost planned on taking Vidic ahead of him because of nationality rule but T.Silva is immense in terms of being able to play with any type of CB next to him.
And of course Vida was already picked so it was a no-brainer.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I actually think that in this draft it won't be as big problem as usual. You can't just pick Shawcross and say that he is a forgotten underappreciated all-time great - a trick that some of us used with older players. Gerrard personally is a risky pick though :lol: But there won't be a lot of players like him in the pool.

Skizzo

The thing with gerrard is that he's usually tossed into some sides and expected to just do his job. In the right set up, with the right players, he could be great. I think Barney could do that since he will also pick players that the rest of us might shy away from. Could be risky...or it could be a masterstroke.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I might get that ex-Chelsea striker as the 12th, just in case I'll be against Barney's.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A couple of years before, he had a outside shot in all time XI, now backup for Gerrard? Sad! He was phenomenal in his prime.
He'd be one, if only he'd stayed at Liverpool. Now he's wasted that only chance, by playing for Barcelona.

NoPace

How short are people using the peaks here? I figure your best 3 seasons, basically. 2 if you're a younger player.

BorisDeLeFora

Man looks like I was incredibly deluded in thinking Silva would last until it came back to me, Vidic is obviously the best centre half available, but the style of Silva means it's easier, or at least you have more options, to find a partner for him.