The Modern / Current Players Draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Looks like Skizzo and me will be away for a while. We'll leave Balu as the interim manager and antohan as the AM (lots of Müller love for them both to propagate) and we'd take over on the last hour of the final to claim the credit :p.
I thought @Balu was interim'ing it for Theon.

Ffs, by this rate the finals will be Balu vs Balu.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Football is a game which is played by mere mortals and won by Blau!
Thank god not. Imagine 1860 dominating football in Munich or City dominating football in Manchester. I hope that never happens.
blau = German for blue, just in case.

Annahnomoss

Good timing for Theon, Zlatan with a hattrick tonight. For the first goal he made a run behind the defense from the central area towards the right side of the penalty area and the goalkeeper brought Zlatan down and got a yellow - Zlatan scored the penalty himself making it 1-0.

For the second goal Zlatan makes a run out wide right and sends a cross in that finds a PSG player and somehow PSG got a penalty thanks to Pastore, very doubtful whether it should be a penalty. Zlatan scores the second penalty as well, shows he is a great finisher these days with two composed penalties after a turbulent week.

For the third goal Verratti wins the ball very far up the pitch and Zlatan is in a Ruud'like position - very weird for him to be camping there at that time but it leads to a goal. Great finish, the goalkeeper did well to get out in to position.

Three unremarkable goals, 17 goals and 3 assists in 20 games in the league for a time period which has seen him play coming back from an injury and still playing with that mysterious injury too as I understand it.

Annahnomoss

Because I am bored and can't sleep I will break down all the goals of Zlatan today - did the same with Kaka some days ago but didn't track the stats;
EDIT: Shitty video just had 40 of the goals.

2013-14 - 47 goals in total(7 missing from the video)
Moment of magic(beating his opponents by a touch/dribble then scoring): 1
Run behind/in line with defense: 10
Scoring from a cross: 12
Poacher goal: 1
Long-range shot: 2
Corner: 2
Free-kick: 4
Penalty: 8

Open play only:
Header/chest: 6
Left foot: 7
Right foot: 15

VivaJanuzaj

So, since the Theon AWOL made this draft boring and killed the thread(even though Annah tried to bring it back to life), I've decided to use my imagination for no good reason and see what could've been, should've been, would've been if I'd only not lose(by more than 10 votes) to MJJ :lol:

So, assuming Theon would've got disqualified lost to tRV, there were two options for me:

Option A:​

Option B:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
So, since the Theon AWOL made this draft boring and killed the thread

Catch yourself on Viva, I PMed tactics to this game three days ago and asked that it be started. It's not my fault I had to go away for work and it's not my fault the game didn't go ahead. You're horrifically impatient by the way.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So, since the Theon AWOL made this draft boring and killed the thread(even though Annah tried to bring it back to life), I've decided to use my imagination for no good reason and see what could've been, should've been, would've been if I'd only not lose(by more than 10 votes) to MJJ :lol:

So, assuming Theon would've got disqualified lost to tRV, there were two options for me:

Option A:

Option B:

Option B :eek:

VivaJanuzaj

Catch yourself on Viva, I PMed tactics to this game three days ago and asked that it be started. It's not my fault I had to go away for work and it's not my fault the game didn't go ahead. You're horrifically impatient by the way.
Didn't mean to upset you, guess I didn't understand the situation but there's really no need getting angry over it surely.

VivaJanuzaj

I think I still would have won against that side, would have been closer though.
Can't imagine Robben with that kind of support in a counter attacking setup not thrashing Baines & Sokratis, not to mention Costa against Pique or di Maria vs Piszczek who would thrive in that kind of setup.
Try being a bit not bias.

MJJ

Can't imagine Robben with that kind of support in a counter attacking setup not thrashing Baines & Sokratis, not to mention Costa against Pique or di Maria vs Piszczek who would thrive in that kind of setup.
Try being a bit not bias.
You do know that Costa has never scored against pique? And I remember you saying something about piszczek holding his own against di Maria too. Similarly your fullback would have gotten roasted by my wingers, my midfield actually works better together and Torres /Kaka would have tore you a new one.

VivaJanuzaj

You do know that Costa has never scored against pique? And I remember you saying something about piszczek holding his own against di Maria too. Similarly your fullback would have gotten roasted by my wingers, my midfield actually works better together and Torres /Kaka would have tore you a new one.
Not in that sort of counter attacking setup.
Robben-diMaria-Costa will tear that defense a new one on the counter, I won't argue with that anymore because it's useless.

MJJ is like SAF, above all the players.
:lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
This remind me of that pimp my ride meme (so I hear you like hypothetical matches or something like that).

Grudge match between MJJ and Viva. Make it happen EAP.