g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Mourinho is right when with one thing when he said we need Fellaini. We're so bereft of ideas and effort from many players. While I wish we didn't have to rely on him, he's shown great character many times while most of the others are sulking.

Lukaku though. Famed for just scoring against the small teams for Everton. Scored a lot for us last season has vanished completely this season. I'd love him to knock a few in against some of the lower teams. He looks heavy and is always stumbling around the ball. Benching him last night had no effect, he was dross when he came on and was treading water trying to run.

I think we need to bring in another striker in Jan to replace our 75 million paper weight. Any half decent one with experience will do. We can't afford to wait for Lukaku to reappear.

Last edited:

Moonred

Tbf without the sound bites and rage celebration, he is left with nothing. Might as well entertain along those lines until he fecks off.

saivet

I think Jose's message about his record in Europe is a message to the board that we'll win the EL next season if we keep him.

Judas

Open to offers
Aside from the first 3 or 4 weeks in his first season, directly after the full time whistle in the Europa League final and the first 5 or 6 weeks in his second season he's looked absolutely fecking miserable here.
Yep. Even when we've won, he's got such a chip on his shoulder, comes across so needy of praise, I don't know when exactly he became so insecure.

Look it might be totally different behind the scenes, and we often see him see him smiling with the staff and other managers, so maybe it's just for the media he puts on this misery act, or he just really hates them. But it's so grating and tiring to see, doesn't help the mood at all.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
As much as I want the cnut out of the club, equally the 333 Caftards who voted 'No' to his sacking should be named and shamed and banned from here.

Utterly shocking!

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
As much as I want the cnut out of the club, equally the 333 Caftards who voted 'No' to his sacking should be named and shamed and banned from here.

Utterly shocking!
Yeah people with different opinions than yours are a disgrace. You should also keep in mind that this thread started back in August so I would assume most of the no votes came from earlier.

I voted yes btw.

Robbie Boy

Yeah people with different opinions than yours are a disgrace. You should also keep in mind that this thread started back in August so I would assume most of the no votes came from earlier.
To be fair, he was being tame. I would have said, named, shamed and burned at the stake.

Jeffthered

Personally, I can't wait for him to go , because this is all simply embarrassing. The football, the public rebuke of players, blaming the board, the fact we are not even close to getting the best out of this team, his comments and attitude... Just an embarrassment.

Hamadovich86

It is this false hope that kills you, does not it? Of course, anything is possible in football, but I do not see us knocking out Barca, Real, City, Bayern. Then we have the likes of Dortmund, Pool and Atletico Madrid who are very very tough opposition as well. I'd not mind a miracle though.
On paper we should have no shot in the next round unless we draw Porto or Schalke for example but in a tournament format anything can happen. We could reach the final on a complete fluke or sheer luck, I still dont want Mourinho at this club even then.

Flexdegea

I still think he is the best the league still, maybe he has some ego, but which manager with tons of trophies don't ? give him another 3 years to prove himself. If he doesn't turn good, at least he is funny and give us tons of entertainment each press conf.

Have to be trolling

You can't be serious.

No chance I could do another 3 years of bizarre line ups and watching lukaku and matic constant.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I never bother skipping work or family time to watch United anymore. The first time in over 30 years I’ve regularly missed games. Mourinho has just sucked the marrow out of everything I love about watching my team.

His football, public comments, man management, and behaviour are a complete embarrassment. I cannot wait for him to leave. I have never detested a manager as much as him. This season is a complete write off until he is sacked.

Nr.7

When we lose/draw it’s the players fault, when we win (playing pathetic footbal against the likes of Young Boys) he takes the credit acting like a clown.
Pathetic from Jose yet again!

I can’t wait for him to feck off!

We probably won’t challenge for titles with someone else in charge, but at least this all nonsense and the dire football Jose brings would stop.

since 1977

Just to be clear - I wanted Mou when SAF left. Unfortunately the guy has turned the club toxic. I really don't understand why he has to moan about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and appears to accept zero responsibility for what happens on the pitch. The players look out of sorts and that has to be (at least partly) attributable to the demeanor of the Manager. The style of play is insipid/lacklustre/dull as sh!t

I've been watching and playing football for 40 years and I just don't understand why we cant play with fluidity and speed from the back (not to be confused with hoofing it up to Fellaini). I actually think we have the players to do it. Mou, release the handbrake please...... and turn the light off on the way out. Ta.

red4ever 79

150% needs to go and if the board really cared about the club and the fans he would have been gone already. His tactics, his way of handling players, everything about him is rotten to the core.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
On paper we should have no shot in the next round unless we draw Porto or Schalke for example but in a tournament format anything can happen. We could reach the final on a complete fluke or sheer luck, I still dont want Mourinho at this club even then.
Imagine the post match conference if Porto knocks us out.

"I sat here with Porto in 2004, Man United out."

Minimalist

I am desperate for this man to feck off.
You can really understand why the Mou boot lickers love their man. So relatable and down to earth is our Jose. :houllier::lol:

What a fcuking cock. Give me goofy, eccentric Van Gaal any day.

Craig Ward

When we hired Jose, we knew he would take the limelight, we knew he would act like a clown and grab the attention.

We knew 2/3 seasons max in it would end badly.

That's what Jose does!

This is as much the boards fault as Jose's.

The players aren't playing for him, and haven't for some time.

The players could still put a shift in for the good of the club, but they don't.

Jose is going to leave, one way or another. he doesn't resign, he will make the board sack him. Its the only way this ends.

Jose going doesnt excuse the atrocious effort of our players though, they are accountable also

Red_toad

Utterly shocking!
Feck off with that crap. People are allowed opinions, even when they're wrong. Place stops being a discussion forum once anyone removes the right to have a differing opinion.
My vote is yes he needs to go, but I'm so over the people who just spread lies about Jose, just to smear him with their bile campaign. I do actually agree with certain points about people who want Jose to remain and they're well entitled to that opinion.

manichester

The closing part of last nights after match interview sums up the man, so defensive and never going to change, he has had his chance and blown it. Please get rid now.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why does Mourinho seem to hate stats all the sudden? Because all the stats make him look bad? Crazy that a modern day manager can hate stats the way he seems to.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fellow red I was watching with didn't even celebrate the winner. Just said thank God and asked if I wanted to watch the news. This level of apathy cannot go on.

Judas

Open to offers
I didn't really celebrate to be honest, what's there to celebrate really? We scraped past Young Boys at home. The comeback against Newcastle was great, showed heart, if you didn't enjoy that, stop watching. But I don't feel like a bad fan for barely reacting to Fellaini's goal.

SammyUnited_83

I didn't really celebrate to be honest, what's there to celebrate really? We scraped past Young Boys at home. The comeback against Newcastle was great, showed heart, if you didn't enjoy that, stop watching. But I don't feel like a bad fan for barely reacting to Fellaini's goal.
This.

It was surreal moment, plenty (who were left) around us barely moved. Those who did were laughing. I think it's as bad than under LvG to be honest, perhaps slightly worse. I have no expectation now when I go the the ground, the football we play is dreadful, the manager is dull, 90% of the players don't care.

We are miles behind, and, it will take an almighty piece of luck with our next appointment / dealings in the transfer market to get us back to being, a) exciting b) competitive (i.e. not out of the title race before October). I personally can't see that happening, unless we take a huge risk with our next manager.

Also the attendances are dwindling hugely, plenty of empty seats last night, and it was clearing out well before 80 mins, you can pretty much get tickets for any game at the moment, and if memory serves me correctly they didn't even try to embarrass themselves by announcing how many people were there last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.