The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The way you say that is interesting. Do you think that the agent did it after consulting his client or he did it autonomously?
I can't imagine it would be autonomous. But don't necessarily believe it was at Mourinho's request either.
Mourinho being seen to be running away looks bad on him. I think that's the narrative the want to fight again.

C'est Moi Cantona

The statement is just so weird, and so blatantly untrue, quite a comical/naive approach at getting the board to react really.

Looking forward to the next instalment at his attempt at getting his big payoff, but he perhaps hasn't bargained for Woodward's unwavering strategy in situations like this, no matter how bad things get, could certainly be more entertaining than the football over the next few months.

RedorDead21

You're insane.
You're backing an average player. Who would take the cash and give 60% to the club you love.....

PS. If Roy Keane was on the same pitch you'd see a very public showing from a pitch player of what is expected from the shirt! You don't see that......and you are blaming a man on the touchlines who's doing the same in the only way he knows. Not a huge Mou fan but I wish he had a voice on the pitch the fanbase respected.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The club will keep backing him in public like they did with LVG. In private i'm sure things are moving along regards a new manager. Mendes has probably got wind of this news, hence the quotes attributed to him earlier today.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

At about 3.30 he is asked about Lingard and Rashford looking to Sterling as an example and working to improve their finishing. His answer? Lingard and Rashford work very hard, but it's about their natural qualities.

I hate this guy.

fellaini's barber

If we were not being run by a bunch of clowns with no football vision whatsoever, we would have began the process of luring Poch here more than a year ago and have some sort of agreement in view pending on what happens this season. But knowing Woody he's actually waiting for the day top 4 is mathematically gone before looking for whichever big name out of job manager he can find

the chameleon

At about 3.30 he is asked about Lingard and Rashford looking to Sterling as an example and working to improve their finishing. His answer? Lingard and Rashford work very hard, but it's about their natural qualities.

I hate this guy.
Wow! He is such an overrated character! I strongly believe life is about split-second moments. And this arrogant prick wouldn't have even been at Chelsea if it wasn't for that shit referee in our game against Porto in 2004.

How could you EVER say that about your players. Not just players, but young players. This can destroy a young player's confidence. I do NOT want him here next year. I really hope he rots after leaving. He deserves a job at Stoke. The biggest overachieving A-hole. Woodward has a lot to answer for hiring the absolute buffoon.

Steerpike

I've changed my mind lads. I want us to support Jose 100%. Every player that drops effort. I want to give him free reign to fire out the door. Call me insane. I've had a drink and I'm sick to the stomach of players thinking thats ok. I want to see the day no player comes here for big wages without knowing it comes with killing yourself for the cause. Jose or no Jose. I want that to be the known standard of the club. Huge payers for the men that can sacrifice themselves for the team. I love the romance of that. Come get me.........
I think you're spot on regarding the requirement for players to be fully committed to the cause to justify the wages. Like you, I would be happy to see us offload anyone who doesn't meet that requirement ... no excuses or exceptions. I think you're wrong regarding supporting Jose - he needs to go.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Wow! He is such an overrated character! I strongly believe life is about split-second moments. And this arrogant prick wouldn't have even been at Chelsea if it wasn't for that shit referee in our game against Porto in 2004.

How could you EVER say that about your players. Not just players, but young players. This can destroy a young player's confidence. I do NOT want him here next year. I really hope he rots after leaving. He deserves a job at Stoke. The biggest overachieving A-hole. Woodward has a lot to answer for hiring the absolute buffoon.
I want Rashford out on loan if this shitbag doesn't leave the club. In fact I couldn't begrudge many of the players seeking a move.

It's amazing no one at the club has sanctioned Mourinho for repeatedly throwing his players under the bus in public. His press conferences and interviews alone should be enough to get him the sack.

the chameleon

I want Rashford out on loan if this shitbag doesn't leave the club. In fact I couldn't begrudge many of the players seeking a move.

It's amazing no one at the club has sanctioned Mourinho for repeatedly throwing his players under the bus in public. His press conferences and interviews alone should be enough to get him the sack.
This has to be the worst man-management I've seen in football. I've followed football since 1992 and this is just a joke.

It feels like he has an agenda against someone or people at the club.

Is he trying to get that £20 million pay-out?

He obviously doesn't love our club. It seems like most of US are beginning to hate him.

cyberman

He didn't say anything!
You can't simply work hard to be a finisher, you need the natural talent. He just shut down the question which infers that his players aren't working hard enough.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Surely there must be a clause in his contract reducing compensation if hes sacked after the club fail to qualify for the CL, and the board are waiting for the inevitable?

I was delighted when we appointed him, was a lot more patient than some fans, and still think a lot of the players (and board) have major question marks hanging over them, but feck me, he is completely toxic.

E-mal

I hate this guy.
You know the question about sterling shows him to be incompetent seeing how Guardiola has improved Raheem and hiw our lot have declined.
So for him to save his skin, his natural response will be they arent talented in the beginning.
That assertion might be true but you dont say it as a manager, show your own players some respect for goodness sake. The ideal response will be players develop at a different rate, so you hope the young kids show some development.
The man is a twat, who doesnt want to be here and wants his severence package, apart of me wants him to go with nothing even if this nightmare last the whole season.
He says what he wants about his players to the press but Pogba cant say we should attack more.

Reactions: Theonas

E-mal

He didn't say anything!
You can't simply work hard to be a finisher, you need the natural talent. He just shut down the question which infers that his players aren't working hard enough.
You joking right? he is just deflecting from the point that Pep has improved Sterling but his own players have depreciated with the response they arent good enough to begin with. Surely you can make that inference without me pointing that out.

Sterling Archer

It is very worrying that its this "only candidate" talk again, swear it was the same when we hired Mourinho? Is our board that narrow minded?
YES

If we were not being run by a bunch of clowns with no football vision whatsoever, we would have began the process of luring Poch here more than a year ago and have some sort of agreement in view pending on what happens this season. But knowing Woody he's actually waiting for the day top 4 is mathematically gone before looking for whichever big name out of job manager he can find
This makes my blood boil, reminding me of how Manchester feckin City signed Pep Guardiola. For all this criticism of Jose, the man is the exact same defensive-minded arsehole he was a decade ago. He's also the third manager our board has chosen despite diatrametrically opposing football philosophy to that which United was known for. I don't expect the board to make a miraculously good decision here. In fact I expect a spectacular debacle, again with millions wasted and potentially losing out on a good candidate.

Aresma7

I think you're spot on regarding the requirement for players to be fully committed to the cause to justify the wages. Like you, I would be happy to see us offload anyone who doesn't meet that requirement ... no excuses or exceptions. I think you're wrong regarding supporting Jose - he needs to go.
How to set an example with firing mou? Need to start somewhere if the structure of power are going to change. I’m on the out side as well though

ZenMaster Coltrane

Fundamentally, modern football is proactive football. Mourinho is reactive in his tactics and all the other off-field distractions.

Watching Ralph Hasenhuttl's introductory press conference, you get a clear sense of philosophy and tactics...all in 25 mins. So many candidates out there who are better teachers/coaches motivated by challenges. Mourinho admitting defeat on a weekly basis. It is easily the worst run 'big' club in the world.

Water Melon

I hate this guy.
How on Earth is he still with us and how come some of us fans still expect him to turn things around? The guy is not a great coach anymore and is far from being a decent human being. He needs to be kicked out of the club.

BULB

He's been trying for months now to get sacked so he can get his 25m golden handshake.
Everyone, including himself, knows he's finished and there's no hope of him staying next season.

Fracture90

You joking right? he is just deflecting from the point that Pep has improved Sterling but his own players have depreciated with the response they arent good enough to begin with. Surely you can make that inference without me pointing that out.
Mate you're just wasting your time, some people will try to defend everything Mourinho says and does.

Good thing is us finally seeing journos getting bold and asking good question ie. this one where they're basically implying that Guardiola had worked with and improved Sterling finishing ability whilst Mourinho doesn't know how to do that.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Back the manager. He's the only man for the job.
Pretty much this.

Too many fake drama created by clickbait websites and unreliable journalists
Jose is our manager, he is the man for the job as it stands and he should have guarantees for his job until the end of the season.
Having an atmosphere where you could be sacked at any time isn't healthy for the manager and will lead to even worse results.

LeftyBlaster

Pretty much this.

Jose is our manager, he is the man for the job as it stands and he should have guarantees for his job until the end of the season.
Having an atmosphere where you could be sacked at any time isn't healthy for the manager and will lead to even worse results.
:confused::confused::confused:

Even...worse....results....? Manchester United have taken 3 out of 12 points. That isn't bad enough for you? It's not enough that it's clear that Jose has no idea how to coach proper football? That he cannot get the best or at least better performances out of a talented squad after 3 years? That after 3 years we have no identity?

Water Melon

Pretty much this.

:confused::confused::confused:

Even...worse....results....? Manchester United have taken 3 out of 12 points. That isn't bad enough for you? It's not enough that it's clear that Jose has no idea how to coach proper football? That he cannot get the best or at least better performances out of a talented squad after 3 years? That after 3 years we have no identity?
Some of the posters here are on a wum, real opposition trolls who are taking a piss. The best option would be to ignore them, as we can not get them banned.

spwd

In Dreamland José is 'reluctantly' released to manage Real, with Real paying up his contract, United employ Jardim on a 2.5 year contract, PSG agree to a swap deal Mbappe for Lukaku. Matic to Real, where Varane is disappointed that José is back, decides to join United. De Gea signs a new 5 year contract. Chong, Gomes, Greenwood get chances to play for first team, Jardim gets Pogba to perform for 90 minutes.
Wake up Woppit wake up.

Are we really to believe that the board are 'happy' with Jose Mourinho's management of the club?
I fecking hope not or we’ll be the next Leeds never mind Liverpool.

"Jose Mourinho we want you to stay" will be the oppo chant from now on.

They already do.

Back the manager. He's the only man for the job.
Pretty much this.

You shouldn’t be on here if you’re actually a UTD fan and believe that shit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He didn't say anything!

Credit to SteveJ

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you really believe this shite? Everyone know that United aren't happy with how things are going. Having said that Mou would only leave if he's given his 20m and the club isn't willing to get him off the hook. He'll stay at United up until we're out of the CL zone and he'll get fired.
Can't the club just fine him a week wage every time he's saying negative things on the press?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can't the club just fine him a week wage every time he's saying negative things on the press?
I've worked in a niche market (the gaming industry) and I assure you that people know each other. My former boss was a telephone call away from his peers working in companies at Montreal, Berlin and San Francisco sharing gossip and news about what's going on. I think football is no different and if we gag our manager we'll be hated by every single manager out there.

If you ask me there's more elegant ways how to tackle this. Lets start first and foremost by bringing in a DOF. First of all we need him and secondly Mou tend to clash with those quite often. I'd suggest Emenalo who had a magnificent stint at Chelsea although he is struggling at Monaco. The guy knows the EPL inside out and he knows how the EPL clubs work and of course. If Mou can't work with Emenalo being his boss again, well, he can always resign.

Kapardin

I hate this guy.
Don't see anything wrong in this. For all his faults, Jose is right about those two, they aren't top quality.

Ok, maybe he was a bit brash to say that openly. But then, I'm sure the players are used to him throwing them under the bus by now, he's literally run out of players to criticize.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didn't say anything!
You can work hard and improve finishing. You can improve technique, shooting, finishing, heading from training. There are so many players who have improved. Jose being cnut shocker doesn't mean players cant improve by coaching.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think football is no different and if we gag our manager we'll be hated by every single manager out there.
That is not true in any way. Managers sign precontracts and negotiate behind each other back all the time.

If anything, they look at the situation and think how much shit they can pull out before they get fired. It is also probably the only benefit that comes from our board incompetence when they go out looking for another manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jose is master at nonsense. Here is the video of Henry saying how he improved his finishing with lot of training.

From Defoe

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That is not true in any way. Managers sign precontracts and negotiate behind each other back all the time.

If anything, they look at the situation and think how much shit they can pull out before they get fired. It is also probably the only benefit that comes from our board incompetence when they go out looking for another manager.
that means little to nothing. Just because managers sign precontracts that doesn't mean they don't talk with one another or share files. For example, have you noticed that the guys who backstabbed Moyes didn't survive the LVG's revolution for long?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
For example, have you noticed that the guys who backstabbed Moyes didn't survive the LVG's revolution for long?
Which guys? Most of the players went out, but that was manager decision.

It didn't stop LVG from taking the job, like it didn't stop Jose from signing precontract while LVG was still here.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The longer he stays, the bigger the mess will be. Why not sack him now and gibe a new manager (even ad interim) the chance to sign a couple of players in January

NK86

He didn't say anything!
You surely don't believe that. Ronaldo wasn't a great finisher when he came. His dedication and practice made him what he is now. It's quite common knowledge that he used to stay back to practice his shooting and dead ball skills after training whilr he was with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.