g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is why he needs to go now, rather than at the end of the season.

Every statement is now aimed at protecting himself and he is throwing young players and the club in the line of fire to absolve himself.

I've no problem using that tactic against the press, other teams, other managers or the FA.

However when he directs that stuff internally he damages the club and if anyone here is a virus it is Jose.

Cut it out. Dowse it in bleach or burn it with fire, but, whatever you do, do it quickly before the whole body succumbs.
Seriously now, can't the club put him on gardening leave or some such? Every time he opens his mouth he damages the clubs image, and most importantly, the morale of the players. Surely we have a duty of care towards our players' well being? I don't understand how he's able to get away with ripping into the club and players in almost all of his press conferences.

At the very least, ban him from speaking to the press full stop. If he leaks anything, fine him. I really am at a loss because no way would any of us get away with this in our jobs.

Wish Football Leaks would do a bit of hacking so we can see his contract:D

Foxbatt

The biggest problem is that we do not seem to be coached at all. It is just a bunch of 10 outfield players thrown on the pitch and told to play football. This is why there is no cohesion in our play. He is not a coach I feel now. There are no tactics apart from letting the opposition have the ball and when and if we get it try to counter attack. This seems to be the only tactic now. Forget about the high ball to Fellaini. It is not being done now at all. Now we get Fellaini to play in midfield and try to create. It is not going to work.
He has to go.

StretfordEnd95

The amount of times the phrase 'couldn't hit a barn door' has been used on one page is criminal.

Patrick220571

He will soon be saying we need a Saudi takeover to have any hope of finishing above Bournemouth or Everton.

He is at Moyes' level of defeatism. Is there any wonder many people are done with him.

cyberman

You can work hard and improve finishing. You can improve technique, shooting, finishing, heading from training. There are so many players who have improved. Jose being cnut shocker doesn't mean players cant improve by coaching.
Not without natural talent. Of course you can work hard to Improve but you're either a goalscorer or you're not.
The reporter was saying Lingard and Rashford don't work as hard as rival players. What else can Jose say?

Edit I think Jose has to go and I'm not a huge fan of Rashford but his work ethic is beyond questioning imo.

Kapardin

Not without natural talent. Of course you can work hard to Improve but you're either a goalscorer or you're not.
The reporter was saying Lingard and Rashford don't work as hard as rival players. What else can Jose say?
Yep, he either had to say they don't work hard, or that his coaching isn't good enough, or that Sterling is a better player. Caught between a rock and a hard place, he went for the third option.

Andersons Dietician

Is it just me but do some consider a reason why we are so poor defensively is due to how defensive we play and inviting people on to us, personally I’d imagine someone like Fred would help solidify us, I mean I’m in doubts that our defenders aren’t the best around and maybe we do need to upgrade but they are by no means terrible.

Put Herrera as the DM as he has the energy to get about, Fred right side, Pogba left and play Darmian as RB and have him hold back more if he is really that worried about it.

All just smacks of Jose being rubbish at his job to me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In a way, him being this way benefits us. Firstly, it puts the spotlight on Woodward and the Glazers, whose incompetence exceeds even Mourinho. If it makes them the target of criticism, I'm all for it.

Secondly, it would also make them want to part with Mourinho pretty quick, as I don't think they like being called out for their lack of support.

I would sympathize with Mourinho if it wasn't for the fact that his targets are often underwhelming and I don't think we would do a whole lot better even if we signed Toby and Willian -- probably a couple of places above our current league position, and both would likely decline the Matic way next season.
It is true to say, that despite being the richest club In the world, we can't actually compete with City transfers wise. I mean in overall totals, rather than gazump them on the occasional player like Sanchez.

We've spent somewhere like £150m less than City in the last 3 years or so, and that's a Man City who already had Aguero and De Bruyne in place. The vast majority of our outlay was Pogba and Lukaku to try and match those two.
They have lashed out 4 or 5 x£50m on defenders for goodness sake.

However, them aside, there's no-one else we can't outspend in England, yet have dropped behind all sorts, including Everton/Bournemouth types currently! That's simply down to bad management, and everyone can see that no one of our players have improved this last year or 2, and we don't have any sort of fluid system, 2 1/2 years in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it just me but do some consider a reason why we are so poor defensively is due to how defensive we play and inviting people on to us, personally I’d imagine someone like Fred would help solidify us, I mean I’m in doubts that our defenders aren’t the best around and maybe we do need to upgrade but they are by no means terrible.

Put Herrera as the DM as he has the energy to get about, Fred right side, Pogba left and play Darmian as RB and have him hold back more if he is really that worried about it.

It's one of those absolute basics isn't it - give someone less time on the ball against you and you make it more difficult for them.
Do we press less intensely than other teams because we don't have the fitness in the team?

Crustanoid

The money it would cost to remove him today would be minuscule in comparison to the carnage he is inflicting on the club, players and long term success of the football side of things, basically all things which will fundamentally affect our parasitic owners eventually.

Unfortunately Woody and the Glazers are too gluttonously imbecilic to see this. They are true morons of the highest order.

AndyJ1985

I'm starting to care less and less about Mourinho as the weeks go on. He's a scum bag of a man who won't be here beyond the end of the season, and in the grand scheme of things he'll be an insignificant footnote in our glorious history. What's more concerning is our incompetent board who refuse to do anything to remedy the situation we find ourselves in. We have a board who are happy to watch our season go to shit, all to save a few million because they made the baffling decision to extend his contract. The team is a managed by a vile moron, and that vile moron is managed by an indecisive moron with no bollocks. The leadership at this club is pathetic, from top to bottom.

Canagel

We play football like fecking Stoke. Feel free to come up with something more appropriate to describe this stone-age football.
Not only do we play football like stoke he's convinced people stoke is our level. Weren't they between 8th-10th under tony pulis?

Jacko21

We play football like fecking Stoke. Feel free to come up with something more appropriate to describe this stone-age football.
I took it more as an inference to Mourinho’s career, not simply his time at United.

Though if I'm wrong, fair enough. It’s just I read so much cheap stuff on here, it’s hard to know who is trying to speak objectively and who just flat out enjoys abusing the guy.

steakpie

2 holding midfielders at home against the mighty Fulham.

What is the point anymore?

Rajma

I took it more as an inference to Mourinho’s career, not simply his time at United.

Though if I'm wrong, fair enough. It’s just I read so much cheap stuff on here, it’s hard to know who is trying to speak objectively and who just flat out enjoys abusing the guy.
Objectively, you can’t talk about Jose at United without abusing him, fully deserved and has nothing to do with objectivity.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As I said before, give it Zizou 'til the end of the season.
Not sure he’d take the job on a temporary basis. Give it Moyes too

I made a thread about this a few months ago. If your defence is weak why sit back and allow it to be pressured? The best way to defend is to keep the ball away from your goal, now allow easy shots against it.

He tries to block teams approaching by sitting deep blocking, but we just don’t stop better teams breaking us down.

We have fast defenders in lindelof/Smalling/Bailly who would play better with a higher line. We have Fred / Pogba / herrera who all prefer a high pressing game.

Jacko21

Objectively, you can’t talk about Jose at United without abusing him, fully deserved and has nothing to do with objectivity.
Well, yes you can. You can air your dislike of someone (and their approach to something) without resorting to abuse.

AndyJ1985

Well, yes you can. You can air your dislike of someone (and their approach to something) without resorting to abuse.
Mourinho is a man who deserves all the abuse he gets. He's a horrible man who has abused countless people throughout his career

Canagel

It's not really abusive. His style of football resembles Stoke and Tony Pulis .

Jacko21

It's not abusive . We've spent 400 million pounds to play like Stoke. The last match I couldn't help but think 'can you do it on a cold windy night in Manchester?'
For what it's worth, I didn't think your original point was 'abusive' but rather a cheap shot - but I thought you were referring to Mourinho's career as a whole, in which case referring to him as the 'Portuguese Stoke' is unjust.

The point about abuse was directed at a broader tone that some have on here.

Fracture90

Dude I've been telling the same for so long. The reason our defenders and every player in our team is so mistake prone is because we spend a whole bunch of time sitting back and defending via soaking the pressure. That just puts everyone under added pressure.

City, Spurs, Liverpool and now Chelsea and Arsenal, all defend by attacking.

Xixak17

Wake up Woppit wake up.

I fecking hope not or we’ll be the next Leeds never mind Liverpool.

They already do.

You shouldn’t be on here if you’re actually a UTD fan and believe that shit.
Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic.

Anyone who's backing the manager at this point is a fecking idiot

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Lovely seeing his name being chanted loud and clear today. He is proving today that he is a fantastic manager smashing Fulham with ease.

Minimalist

Doesn't matter what people think. Or how many times they twist and turn.

Woodward doesn't give a feck about that. It's results.

L1nk

No doubt the idiot's will vote for him to remain after smashing bottom of the league Fulham, anybody still supporting him and his poisonous attitude is brain dead and doesn't deserve anyone's time on here to be honest.

Aloysius's Back 3

As usual the cause of our good performance today is due to Jose actually changing his tactics to suit the squad much more than to suit himself.

The main player today is Mata at AM - a role he is made to play and has only done so about 4 or 5 times max under Jose. Has helped us interlink our attack much better; especially compared to when he plays at LW.

Looking forward to a manager that plays players like Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Sanchez, fred, Pereira, dalot and the others in a formation that gets the best out of everybody.

E-mal

Frankly I just want him gone, winning against fulham feels like a lost.
I know a fan will want his team to win at all times in all circumstances but I just want the nightmare to end.
The whole relationship is like having an ex you detest but must deal with because of the kids or something like that.
F**k him, killed all my joy for the game.

Aloysius's Back 3

Frankly I just want him gone, winning against fulham feels like a lost.
I know a fan will want his team to win at all times in all circumstances but I just want the nightmare to end.
The whole relationship is like having an ex you detest but must deal with because of the kids or something like that.
F**k him, killed all my joy for the game.
:lol:

Amazing - Just how i feel

Vinnie Peetang

Soooo... where are the Mourinho outers again? This is a very very good result no matter how you wet blankets claim Fulham is a poor team. New manager bounce, and Ranieri is a Premier League winner. Never easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.