The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
This is starting to remind me of LvG's tenure. Jose isn't the only one to blame for this mess just like LvG wasn't the only one but it's a results business and the manager needs to take responsibility for it. Can't see him being sacked any time soon so Jose needs to turn this the feck around and get us top 4 then we can see what's what at the end of the season.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have no faith in the board or Woodward. They will sit back and do nothing while hoping the impossible happens. Clueless all around

dove

It's absolutely clear he has lost a dressing room, while at matches like against Spurs we lost heavily but at least you could see we really tried to do something, this is a complete shambles. Team selection is shocking and I predict we will concede at least 1 more.

finneh

One of the most disgraceful halves I've seen in decades.

I've been behind Mourinho up until now because I don't believe another manager could have achieved our points total last season... However it's indefensible at this point.

The stupidity of the selection along with the complete apathy our team seems to have has to be a reflection of the manager. It would be fair enough if this was a team he'd inherited, but he's built his own team at this point.

I hate to say it but get him out.

Minimalist

Zero, Zero, ZERO SHOTS ON TAAAARRRGET. :drool:

You seriously have to start seeing the humour in it. Step outside being a United supporter and it's hilarious.

Red_Injun

I normally judge people who post during games, as I think you should watch your team first and then air your views. However, this half has been tumescent and one of the hardest United games I have subjected myself to in a long time.

I think for United fans, the toughest thing this season has been seeing how rivals have been picking up points playing exciting, attacking football. Where as we have been pragmatic, ponderous and at times clueless with our play.

I personally have very little faith in the board acting on this, and I don’t think they will do anything until it is mathematically impossible for United to reach the CL next season. The damage which can be done to this squad by then is what worries me the most.

oz insomniac

Even though I think Woody hasn't helped the team, I believe today has seen the end of support for Jose. Needlessly boring formation, no direction from midfield, just awful tactics.
Can blame the players of course, but these tactics just don't suit the club oreven the players. Enough , off with his head.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not convinced it would make much difference with the options available, but i can't see him turning this around now. I was hopeful after a few earlier performances but we've been gradually getting worse ever since and today is the absolute pits.

Thought three at the back would signal more bodies further up the field but we're sat deep and chasing shadows whilst WH look brilliant in their play.

Just concerned about the options we have and I'm thinking this will take years to sort out until another top manager comes along. The other issue is that they're all currently at our rivals.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
McTominay at the back, go figure that one out :lol: Specially after the "Herrera at the back" debacle vs Spurs but no he has to cry like a baby because he wasn't allowed new toys this summer. I swear he finally fecks off, it will be the same sweet feeling of freedom as when Moyes was sacked

Hughie77

If he doesn't go after today, even if we get some goals in 2nd half? Poor there not playing for him anymore, it's over sorry it's time now..

SamVimes

I just do not understand the tactics. And it is quite clear that neither do the players. That is on the Manager.

lawliet354

Get this chap out.

First 5 minutes against West Ham, we sat back like a lower division team, and we got what we deserved. Cowardly as feck. Also three at the back, with Mastic and Fellaini in midfield, Shaw and Young out wide? It's as if Mourinho is trying his best to field as little attacking talent as possible.
8 at the back against West Ham and he'll probably will still blame Pogba and Martial for not giving 100%

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Starts the game with 7 defensive players.

Still concedes twice.

Against West Ham.
Bizarre,, isn't it? Two attackers on the pitch and one attack minded midfielder. That's it. Everyone else is a defense oriented player. Someone tell Mourinho he's not managing Hull.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The players are gutless pussies. Not an excuse, just the truth.
And if a squad is fully of entitled millennials, whose job is it get them to play football well? You think other squads don't have the same problem?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Jose has set us up in 3 separate systems at various points in the season and none of which have seen us look like a competent, decisive and ultimately winning football team.

Clearly, he is done.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It's obvious things will not improve with Mourinho, so if the board has any sense at all, he'll be sacked in the next few days.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The squad all needs to be sold, they're all clearly sucking Pogba off and don't deserve to play for us. Part of me wishes Jose digs in, makes it to January.. sell that wannabe gansta to Barca along with his brother from another mother Martial and we can start to instil some fighting spirit back into the squad. First thing we need to do is get in Willian to sort out that right flank and throw whatever money it takes at Inter to get Perisic, so we finally get some proper width and support to Lukaku.

I think we also need a new centre back, Maguire is looking like a no brainer to shore things up. If we get them three in - we will finish top 4 and in the summer, I'd bin everyone bar De Gea and let Jose build his own team without restrictions. It has been a shitshow, him having to deal with bad purchases by Moyes/LVG and not being allowed to get rid of them.

Stay strong Jose, the real United fans are with you mate.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Thought jose learnt his lesson against tottenham. Guess he fecking didnt

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The players are gutless pussies. Not an excuse, just the truth.
Lukaku, Matic, Pogba, Lindelof were brought by him. McTominay, Fellaini are his favourites. DDG is the world's best GK. That's 7/11. He built this team, and after two and half seasons, our only tactic away to West fecking Ham is to sit deep and hoof. It's pathetic beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.