Film The Movies I want to see thread

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Holy bulging biceps Batman, Bane's bloody big !
He's meant to be. Anyway the final one is a mish mash of Batman year one, The Dark Knight Returns, Daughter of the demon, Knightfall and Legacy storylines.

decorativeed

Missed it. Just got a "Loading Video" screen and I left it on for 10 mins. Sure it will be up again soon.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's up on a few other sites in low quality (horrible, horrible pirates)...Looks alright. It's obviously trying to distance itself from the one made only a few years ago so it's gone with what looks like a deeper backstory (involving his parents) and a pretty good first person spider swing/sky scraper jumping sequence..

It's all a bit weird re-making a film so soon after the same film was made...especially as it pretty much requires them to ignore a lot of the good stuff from that one (in terms of plots, vilians etc) just to differentiate itself. But I'm confident Garfield will be a good Parker. He's a great actor and naturally more appealing than Maguire who comes across as semi-retarded at times.

decorativeed

Looks good. Still hate what they've done to the costume. "I will make myself a costume to fight crime and protect my identity and I will spend two or three months on the design of the gloves alone". Completely over-designed and fussy. No doubt it will look fine in motion, but in stills it's a very ugly costume indeed.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I watched HP today and saw a trailer to a JJ Abrams movie, something about an Alien with a train crash? Any idea what it was called? Looked interesting.

Zen

Yeah, really interested in that. Kinda feel like boycotting due to them still being in the 80's with the "hey we'll make Britain wait 3 months to get it" release, the American blu ray will probably leak on the internet in September or something.

Really annoying some companies still have such a delay in releasing big films over here, and even more annoying when it's makes no award sense(they still delay American winter releases until Oscars air here so they can cash in on the nominations.)

Gambit

Early reviews for Captain America are very positive.

Gambit

Awesome clip, gory. Sets the tone beautiful.

The_Red_Hope

that Conan trailer was very good! as for Batman, shit trailer, but i reckon the movie will be good!
It has about 7-8 seconds of new footage. It's not a trailer really, just a marketing gimmick to keep us nerds and fanboys wet. The Batman franchise really does know how to keep the marketing-bandwagon pumping. They did a stellar job with TDK.

decorativeed

They've put Man of Steel back six months to summer 2013. Shame, as 2012 was shaping up to be jam-packed with superhero goodness.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So who the hell is the bad guy in this new version of Spider Man. I bet it's shit either way.

Zen

They've put Man of Steel back six months to summer 2013. Shame, as 2012 was shaping up to be jam-packed with superhero goodness.
Best move....who really wants to go head to head with the Hobbit.

Jaap

So who the hell is the bad guy in this new version of Spider Man. I bet it's shit either way.
Slumdog Millionaire's Irrfan Khan has signed on to the film as a villain named Van Atter, and his wife will be played by Annie Parisse from AMC's Rubicon. It looks like Khan's character may be a brand new villain…or perhaps a cover-name for another pre-existing villain?

Along with "Van Atter," Spidey will also be taking on Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors/"The Lizard."

decorativeed

I don't think that guy will be a super villain, I reckon he'll just be an employee/test subject at Oscorp. The Lizard will be the only villain in this Spider-Man, I expect.

hungrywing

That drive got slated at cannes.
Pfft. Them critic types are just jealous because they could only dream of possessing the artistic chutzpah to realize a pissed-off-male-helps-single-mom-and-child storyline. Groundbreaking stuff. Bet they did the same thing when Lean went into the desert to shoot Lawrence.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Find James Nesbitt. The guy from the latest Rambo, that vampire from being human.
James Nesbitt is the guy with the pickaxe between the two Brendan Gleesons. I have no idea who the other two people are you're referring too so I doubt I will be able to spot them

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I want to see Cowboys and Aliens. I don't expect high-brow entertainment, I just expect fecking Cowboys and Aliens, cool.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Also heard talk of this yesterday, Speilberg involved isn't he?

The first film is my childhood, so I hope they don't shred the franchise further.