Film The Movies I want to see thread

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
here's the beardy one in a retelling of a Shakespeare.

Gambit

Again this is a film I enjoy and have watched it quite a few times , but most people hate it.
I thoroughly enjoyed, until he took the helmet off, then it became a Sly Stallone film and no longer a Judge Dredd film. Dredd does not take the helemt off, nor does he get the girl. He couldn't give 2 shits about the girl, he gets his jollies beating perps and dispensing justice.

Gambit

I've covered them before in here but heres the films that I am really looking forward to now for the rest of the year:

I expect Benedict Cumberbatch to make his hollywood breakthrough with this (he's also the voice for Smaug and Sauron in the Hobbit). Look at the cast. Oldman, Hardy, Firth, Cumberbatch, Hurt and Strong.

Hardy again, this lad will rule and I can see him being a future Bond.

Us brits again leading the way. I always enjoy these modern takes on Shakespeare.

Gambit

Warning redband for violence but it does look like it will be an incredible action film.

A side note, the director for this film is Gareth Evans, this is his third film since leaving college in Swansea.

Gambit

Juan of the dead has been getting some good reviews.

Gambit

I can't help it, I like the paranormal activity films

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
That one actually looks kinda scary, unless of course they chose all the surprise moments to show in the trailer.

decorativeed

Saw that and meant to post it here yesterday. Looks crap (although the brief glimpse of the Hulk looks like they have done a better job of the effects than the previous ones). All explosions and jokes and no idea of any story. Poor choice of music too. Looks like a Michael Bay film at the moment.

Gambit

Saw that and meant to post it here yesterday. Looks crap (although the brief glimpse of the Hulk looks like they have done a better job of the effects than the previous ones). All explosions and jokes and no idea of any story. Poor choice of music too. Looks like a Michael Bay film at the moment.
Its the Loki story from the Ultimates. It's a good one.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I can't believe that there is yet another remake of The Three Musketeers comiong out. It looks spectacularly awful too with all sorts of cgi, martial arts, wire stunts and assorted bollocks.

Gambit

I can't believe that there is yet another remake of The Three Musketeers comiong out. It looks spectacularly awful too with all sorts of cgi, martial arts, wire stunts and assorted bollocks.
and James Corden as well.

reelworld

Warning redband for violence but it does look like it will be an incredible action film.

A side note, the director for this film is Gareth Evans, this is his third film since leaving college in Swansea.
It's going to open a local film festival here. Really looking forward to this. This is Evans second movie with Iko Uwais (the lead actor), and the first one was superb action movie. This guy really know how to shoot action scenes

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
That was my first thought as well.

The only one of those characters I really enjoyed is RDJ as Iron Man

kps88

Joss Whedon directing means it can't be anything but good.

Gambit

It's going to open a local film festival here. Really looking forward to this. This is Evans second movie with Iko Uwais (the lead actor), and the first one was superb action movie. This guy really know how to shoot action scenes
Already a Hollywod remake planned.

gaz1185

It is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson after all, director of the Resident Evil movies, AvP & Death Race, so we should expect nothing else :lol: Any film with Milla Jovovich in these days is directed by him.

Although, I am surprised to see the likes of Matthew Macfadyen, Mads Mikkelsen & Christoph Waltz (well, he did do the Green Hornet) in this, I may risk seeing it for that but I'm not expecting anything special.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I can be a bit bias when it comes to Joss because I think he is actually fecking awesome, but objectively I reckon he is the right man for this film. Whedon dialogue is always a bit cheesy and witty which kinda works for a comic book film, and he also has a bit of a dark side where he isn't afraid to put the good guys through the grinder. It will probably be very similar in style/dialogue to Serenity which is great in my opinion, but maybe not for some...

DouLou

Been caught pooping

Tarsem Singh... he did The Fall which is one of the most beautiful films I've seen. The Cell was a bit shite but had some nice creepy visuals in it. This film looks a bit to 300 though... which isn't good. Hopefully it takes the good aspects from 300 (umm.... some stylish fight scenes?) and none of the bad (like shooting half the film in slow mo and having no substance).

I dunno... I'm not massively excited about watching something I think I've seen before.

gaz1185

Tarsem Singh... he did The Fall which is one of the most beautiful films I've seen. The Cell was a bit shite but had some nice creepy visuals in it. This film looks a bit to 300 though... which isn't good. Hopefully it takes the good aspects from 300 (umm.... some stylish fight scenes?) and none of the bad (like shooting half the film in slow mo and having no substance).

I dunno... I'm not massively excited about watching something I think I've seen before.
Seen this trailer a while back and wasn't too excited by it, seen it in the cinema the other day though and thought it looked pretty decent on the big screen. It's from the producers of 300 so i'm expecting something very familiar in style (and there is quite a few slow-mo fight scenes in the trailer), I do like the idea of the story about the Gods & Titans, but I do have some reservations myself that it could just end up being very similar to 300.

hungrywing

When are orchestral scores making a comeback? I can't remember the last truly whistle-able blockbuster theme, let alone superhero theme. The 1989 Batman, maybe.

Joss "Yeah, I do TV, how'd you know? By the way, what means this 'the frame is wider' and 'depth of field' that people keep kindly whispering to me?" Whedon?