The negativity is unreal | Nevermind

Trezeguet17

I have been a so called "Ole in" and I support our manager and players. Ole has done a lot of right things to build us up after Moyes, LvG and Mourinho.

He deserves credit for what he has done so far. I still stand behind him and our team. His in charge and I still hope he can find his and our teams way to become what we all know the can be.

I have serious doubts though, he might not have that "last bit" in him to guide us to become great. If we could get someone like Erik ten Hag now, I would take him. No doubt about it.

That said, why all the crazy negativity about him that just not make sense?

- He has built a fantastic team
- He has created good values and got rid of a very toxic environment.
- He got rid of players clearly not making the cut.
- He promoted youth into our first team.
- He started a process that imo has been excellent overall.

He has not been perfect all along, but no one are. He might not be the one in the end that brings glory back. But the man taking over will inherit something really good to work on.

So, why all the negativity on him. Even on him as player and legend. I find that extremely disgraceful.
Then we should make him our DoF.
All these positive points you stated (which are true btw) are more related to the DoF job and not to a manager.
As a manager Ole is just not good enough and clearly out of his depth.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
All these positive points you stated (which are true btw) are more related to the DoF job and not to a manager.
No, no, no. We should get rid and be done with him. Why are people so intent on having him around? Hes incompetent and needs to leave this club.

Idxomer

Nah, this forum is too positive when we have the worst manager in the league.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No other big club would have put up with these performances and the horrible, season destroying, dips in form for this long.

People are totally within their right to question why he is still here. The club has caused the negativity, not the majority of fans.

This is a disgrace and he needs to go tonight. He has spent a fortune.

Bearded One

How can someone look at this shitshow and complain that fans are being overly negative?

Rockets Redglare

He should be nowhere near the club in any capacity.

ravi2

As a dof ole would be great. As a manager not so great...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Look at these 2 teams and tell me there is no huge gap. That is why there is negativity

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The negativity is nowhere what it should be.
Even if by some miracle, we avoid losing this, Ole needs to feck off. It's been fecking a joke this season

IrishRedDevil

We were 8 points ahead of City with 5 games to go and lost the league.
Just out of curiosity. If the positions were reversed and we were 8 points ahead, would you still say that the league is over? Chelsea could be even 12 points ahead but it really is impossible to say that the league is over after 9 games...
I don’t care what other teams done in the past. The manager managing this team isn’t good enough - totally out of his depth. Shocking defence.

8 points behind. The league is OVER! In October.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Why would Ole be great as a DOF

Maguire fecking up consistently atm
Wan Bissaka is everywhere but where he needs to be
Sancho is bench
VdB can’t get a look in

AndySmith1990

Why would he? Because he's astute enough to spot hidden gems like Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani and Sancho? He hasn't got a clue what to do with the players he buys.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This is worse than anything Moyes served up. But theres a section of our fans who don't want to see it.

thesheriffjw

The negativity is down to the shite manager

some stats so far this season

Clean sheets 18th out of 20
Tackles made 20th
Errors leading to goals 20th

The supporters who continue to trust ole are complete and utterly delusional

Red Star One

Don't be negative towards him. He's a club legend.
Indeed. He scored an important goal 20 years ago so obviously he’ll become great overnight one day, I think he deserves more time and no criticism whatsoever. Can’t you see the progress?

Pace Abuser

I have been a so called "Ole in" and I support our manager and players. Ole has done a lot of right things to build us up after Moyes, LvG and Mourinho.

He deserves credit for what he has done so far. I still stand behind him and our team. His in charge and I still hope he can find his and our teams way to become what we all know the can be.

I have serious doubts though, he might not have that "last bit" in him to guide us to become great. If we could get someone like Erik ten Hag now, I would take him. No doubt about it.

He has not been perfect all along, but no one are. He might not be the one in the end that brings glory back. But the man taking over will inherit something really good to work on.

So, why all the negativity on him. Even on him as player and legend. I find that extremely disgraceful.
Shut up, man. Can't stand goody 2 shoes like you.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How can anyone not be negative . We are playing like a pub team game after game but nothing seems to change

oreon

This is almost certainly true. That's why, despite sympathising with the views of some people in here, I really think we should all just enjoy this victory.

The season is long and Solskjaer is going to be here for all of it. Next year too, most likely. Find your pleasures where you can - if you cannot take some delight in a last minute CL winner from a club legend, it's probably time to take a step back from the game.

Enjoy tonight - there will be plenty of occasions in the months (possibly years) ahead when you can fill your boots denigrating the manager.

This ain't rec league. This ain't no sunday league football. This is the elite of the elite. Results are expected. If you don't produce you will get criticized. The standard shouldn't be lowered just because he's a UTD legend. We need results or Ole needs to go. The results are not there, Ole needs to go

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Not even as a DoF for me. I was a Maguire supporter, but it’s clear he has overspent on him and AWB.

He gets credit for Bruno so far, and that’s really it. Varane and Ronaldo are massive stars in world football, as is sancho, a player he wanted for a year and doesn’t know what to do with.

His fantastic squad planning, despite spending hundreds of millions, has not included a midfield either.

So no, for me. Ole, Carrick, McKenna, all out. Let’s do what the other big boys do and get in a quality coach because we are becoming a joke.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Indeed. He scored an important goal 20 years ago so obviously he’ll become great overnight one day, I think he deserves more time and no criticism whatsoever. Can’t you see the progress?
Spot on. He deserves our respect and another 450m quid, at which point we will conquer Liverpool.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's funny that, since Fergie retired, a lot on here look down on the moaners, but, as usual, said moaners are right time and time again.

You're being too negative. Moyes is still settling in.
You're being too negative. Trust van Gaal's philosophy.
You're being too negative. Mourinho is a proven winner.
You're being too negative. Ole has us in a better position than rock bottom.

No, this isn't about being negative. It's about having standards for a club befitting of Uniteds stature, not a Tottenham or Everton.

RoyH1

It's funny that, since Fergie retired, a lot on here look down on the moaners, but, as usual, said moaners are right time and time again.

You're being too negative. Moyes is still settling in.
You're being too negative. Trust van Gaal's philosophy.
You're being too negative. Mourinho is a proven winner.
You're being too negative. Ole has us in a better position than rock bottom.

No, this isn't about being negative. It's about having standards for a club befitting of Uniteds stature, not a Tottenham or Everton.
Spot on. We just got spoiled with Fergie and think that our patience will be rewarded. Modern football at the very elite level doesn’t work that way anymore.

Camilo

He's a crap manager. He's done a cracking job getting some top players into the team and settling things down, but clearly that's all he can do. Move him on, because now, in season 3, we're still playing without shape and system.

I love this club, and I think we have the best team we've had in ten years. Why would I support wasting our potential on Ole? I don't get it.