The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

neverdie

Uhm....no one informed me I needed a reason to do either.
she's irritating because she knows what she's doing. she takes hollywood and other symbolic targets as the cause for material povery which leads, in her opinion, to a degenerative engagement within isolated symbolic activities. she has half a point but as usual she misleads. the hopelessness and all of that is very real in america and other countries but it's the result of material conditions, of poverty. that then leads to the kind of alienation she's talking about but you don't have to agree with the precise forms she uses, like video games or whatever.

an honest analysis would begin with deindustrialization and the erosion of class mobility which has gutted the traditional manufacturing centres of america, like detroit and so on. it would then proceed from that point and arrive at the kind of alienation she describes. this would be to admit the failure of the capitalist system over the past forty years, or its success in terms of the shareholding class, which is a big no-no for most republicans, and democrats, too, if we're being honest, so instead they pivot to culture war issues and "wedges" which intentionally mislead people.

Carolina Red

Staff
she's irritating because she knows what she's doing. she takes hollywood and other symbolic targets as the cause for material povery which leads, in her opinion, to a degenerative engagement within isolated symbolic activities. she has half a point but as usual she misleads. the hopelessness and all of that is very real in america and other countries but it's the result of material conditions, of poverty. that then leads to the kind of alienation she's talking about but you don't have to agree with the precise forms she uses, like video games or whatever.

an honest analysis would begin with deindustrialization and the erosion of class mobility which has gutted the traditional manufacturing centres of america, like detroit and so on. it would then proceed from that point and arrive at the kind of alienation she describes. this would be to admit the failure of the capitalist system over the past forty years, or its success in terms of the shareholding class, which is a big no-no for most republicans, and democrats, too, if we're being honest, so instead they pivot to culture war issues and "wedges" which intentionally mislead people.
So what you’re saying is, is she’s a cnut.

neverdie

up to 70% of the gop disagrees. what she means is "i" don't want to pay for it and so "you" shouldn't want to have it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Is someone going to explain to her that the FBI serving a warrant is not SWATting?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Never good to see regardless the recipient...

Was she swatted like a fly? As in crushed to a bloody dead pulp with a guargantuan fly swatter or is there some other meaning of the verb to swat I don't know about.

Carolina Red

Staff
Was she swatted like a fly? As in crushed to a bloody dead pulp with a guargantuan fly swatter or is there some other meaning of the verb to swat I don't know about.
It’s a prank done by calling 911 and reporting an emergency like an armed intruder hostage situation at a person’s house so that a SWAT team shows up there.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Police / SWAT sent to her house under the auspices of a major crime ongoing there, phoned in by someone else.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ah I see. While also inconvenient, the being crushed by a giant fly swatter would be cooler.

Obviously I'd have send thoughts and prayers.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Is someone going to explain to her that the FBI serving a warrant is not SWATting?
Surely she knows that, pretty clever bit of propaganda to call it swatting, the right will like it even if it makes no sense. Trumpians don't let a little thing like sense slow them down.