The OFF TOPIC Berbatov thread (used to be 'Berbatov Wants Move')

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=520201

Gill: Transfers get green light

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may not be looking to add to the Reds’ squad in the January transfer window but Chief Executive David Gill says money is available should the manager change his mind.

The Reds announced record turnover and profits on Friday for the year ended June 2007, so there is money at Sir Alex's disposal.

“We always look to invest and we demonstrated that last summer,” Gill told Manchester United Radio, referring to the acquisitions of Nani, Anderson, Owen Hargreaves and Carlos Tevez.

“We had a great season in 2006/07 but we spent a lot of money to improve the team and that’s something we’re always looking to do.”

United have been linked with a number of strikers and left-sided defenders but Reds boss Sir Alex spent much of December telling the media he was satisfied with the current squad.

It’s a sentiment David Gill was quick to echo.

“The squad’s composition is excellent at the moment in terms of age, experience and ability [so bringing in new players] isn’t high on our list of priorities right now, but if something came along – another young Wayne Rooney, for example – we’d be in there competing for him, certainly.”
--

So unless you consider Berbatov "another young Wayne Rooney" there's no real chance for the transfer this month.
when are you going to learn that these people say what they need to say at any given time?? There's chat that chelsea are going to pull out of the anelka deal...my arse. bluff bluff and more counter bluff. fergie, days before selling becks: "bloody no chance", wenger days before signing reyes for 17mil! "im very happy with the squad, no need to buy etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GusHiddink

Hard to compare berbatov and tevez bothe exceptional players. rooneys better than both however. Very silly saying there is zero chance.
Based on what exactly?

Sure both are skilled and I would grant you Berbs a better touch and a finishers mentality, but Tevez's heart, work rate, and unselfish attitude make this statement hard to prove to just downright silly. I mean surely there is at least a 1% chance ;).
sorry lads but berbatov is currently much better than tevez. There's little point me elaborating, one plays for utd, one doesnt so we all know who the winner will be:rolleyes:. I say zero chance because its so blatantly obvious

Kaiketsu_Zorro

when are you going to learn that these people say what they need to say at any given time?? There's chat that chelsea are going to pull out of the anelka deal...my arse. bluff bluff and more counter bluff. fergie, days before selling becks: "bloody no chance", wenger days before signing reyes for 17mil! "im very happy with the squad, no need to buy etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You're getting annoyed because the chance of us signing Berba this month is getting lesser and that's understandable.

Sure sometimes people say one thing and do another, but I still find manutd.com and Sky Sports more credible than some random poster cockneyHammer for me is.

GusHiddink

You're getting annoyed because the chance of us signing Berba this month is getting lesser and that's understandable.

Sure sometimes people say one thing and do another, but I still find manutd.com and Sky Sports more credible than some random poster cockneyHammer for me is.
Im not annoyed and wont be until he moves elsewhere. Now or the summer who cares as long as we get him. If we're serious about dominating in europe i.e. winning a couple of champions leagues in the next 5 years id say berbatov is pretty essential. Just cant think of a better fit really. His attributes are exactly what we need and are the traditional hallmarks of a utd striker if you look through the years.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

Im not annoyed and wont be until he moves elsewhere. Now or the summer who cares as long as we get him. If we're serious about dominating in europe i.e. winning a couple of champions leagues in the next 5 years id say berbatov is pretty essential. Just cant think of a better fit really. His attributes are exactly what we need and are the traditional hallmarks of a utd striker if you look through the years.
agreed 100%

but I'm afraid the deal looks unlikely for now.

Veron

Varun
So after 45 pages of discussion and 1781 posts are we getting him or not ?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The crux of the matter

Rob Bowman

sorry lads but berbatov is currently much better than tevez. There's little point me elaborating, one plays for utd, one doesnt so we all know who the winner will be:rolleyes:. I say zero chance because its so blatantly obvious

Gus you can't see the obvious when rules are posted to back it up. Why do you act as if your opionion should be accepted as a quantifiable fact?

For example I value heart, attitude, and effort very high. Tevez has those in spades. Berbatov on the other hand can be justifiably questioned in those areas. Now I have no problem if in your opinion Berbatov is better striker/forward/whatever (he is amazing gifted I grant you), but acting as if your evaluation is the only yardstick for comparison and is beyond reproach seems a bit much to me.

Now by all means if you care to share your thoughts on what exactly we are comparing and why you value one player over another, then great that is what internet forums are for... ie discussion. If you want to make more declarative statements of opinion with no discussion... well I am pretty sure you are used to those results by now :).

Feedingseagulls

Address your bullshit criticisms to the rest of the Caf or feck off!!!

Jog on "transfer" boy...

:lol:
Let's make this clear, for the last time!

If I come across current racism when posting I'll criticise it, unless others have already dealt with it adequately.

If someone (eg. you) claims they've never made a racist remark when they have then I'll dig up the past to prove it.

Of your list of remarks that I 'must' deal with only one was definitely racist - and that must have been June 2006 or earlier. It was criticised at the time. Dealt with, done, over.

I'll 'address... the rest of the cafe' if and when appropriate - not otherwise.

You claimed not to be a racist when you'd posted:

DA2 said:
what the feck are you?....... Ill tell you what, a sad repressed little man ...

why dont you feck off back to Bangladesh, Eastern Simoa or Afghanistan or whatever other rock you crawled under you PC little parasite....
By your own criteria (this thread) that's offensive to people of 3 nations (and misspelled).

By objective criteria it's also racist - since you deny it and accuse others of being guilty you're a hypocrite as well.

You first asked me not to correct people - now you want me to criticise everyone because I rightly criticised something you said - make your mind up!

My policy for criticising people is given above - I will not change it on your demand.

Just to make my position on you clear:

DA2 is a proven bigot and a hypocrite.

He can't/won't notice differences when they are pointed out - he can't/won't address the racist remarks he made - he can't/won't answer the arguments - all he does is issue bizarre demands and insults.

All the details are in this thread already, therefore:

It is not worth making any more points you never read - it would be, like yourself, a waste of bandwidth.

Any future responses on this issue will be brief and contain (like the majority of your posts) no argument - they will have evidence though.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Just cant think of a better fit really. His attributes are exactly what we need and are the traditional hallmarks of a utd striker if you look through the years.
Garry Birtles
Terry Gibson
Peter Davenport
Mark Robins
Alan Brazil
Peter Barnes

and maybe

Dimitar Berbatov

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I do wonder what'd happen if some of the conversations on here was done face to face insted of from the comfort of a keyboard

Probably go a little more like uhm uh nnnh uuuuuh :nervous:

Sam

For the record

Tevez >>>>>>>> Berbatov

There is no point questioning this as we all know Tevez is a superior player.

Godfather

You are so funny that i dont know whether to cry or shoot you.
Dont think that this is funny.
They are just not compareable. Tevez plays a completely different part in a team than berbatov does. Berbatov surely is the better target man, he probably is faster and technically more gifted, but Tevez is much stronger, can hold the ball better and has a great attitude, which berbatov lacks.

Sam

Spoken like your age. Congratulations
I think Tevez is better, GH thinks Berbatov is better. There is no difference from my post and his 'there is 0 chance Tevez is better'. If you had any common sense you would have seen I was responding to that post with a slightly sarcastic tone. :rolleyes:

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I'm not getting into your bun fight but Tevez and Berbatov are very different players and I think it would be difficult to say who is better. Both are excellent but in very different ways.

Tevez is a grafter and battler where as Berbatov uses his brain more.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
Sky Sports claim that Lyon have accepted bids from three clubs, believed to be Portsmouth, PSG and Tottenham, and that Fred can go to which ever he chooses.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Portsmouth won't match Tottenham's offer probably and they are worse club overally, Paris are in big shit after last round and I can't see Fred getting much delivery there, so I think Tottenham are strong favourites there.

BlahRules

Portsmouth won't match Tottenham's offer probably and they are worse club overally, Paris are in big shit after last round and I can't see Fred getting much delivery there, so I think Tottenham are strong favourites there.
Do you think he is Defoe's replacement?

Sarni

Do you think he is Defoe's replacement?
Defoe has come out and said he doesn't want to leave. I don't know what's Ramos' policy either, I remember him having quite a few strikers at Sevilla - Kanoute, Fabiano, Kerzhakov, Kepa - at the same time and rotating them, so I wouldn't be surprised if he kept them all, although that would be taking it too far. Fred is different type of player too.

If Fred comes, someone has to leave to keep the balance - Defoe is the most likely one because he isn't wanted there anymore. Unfortunately the club has no right to make him go, if he wants to stay Ramos will have to respect that.

Wait until Aston Villa come with a bid and see Defoe's reaction. We cannot really guess what his move will be.

Sarni

One thing is sure - Fred is in position to work out a great deal for himself somewhere with three rich clubs in for his signature.

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
Yup, it doesn't sound good at all to everyone who hoped we'd sign Berbatov this transfer window.

I'm sorry to destroy the party with this article, but I guess I believe SKY more than I believe CH saying Fred could sign for Tottenham anytime now.
At least for today, CH seems like guessing, and articles from a credible source Sky Sports definitely are won't make people believe he knows what he's talking.

As much as I'd like the deal to happen, I think we should get used to the thought Fergie wasn't lying when saying we would sign noone this month.
Bwahahahahahahahaha

Bet you feel like a fool