Television The Office, US Version

Cina

Two and a Half Men is absolutely atrocious.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I haven't built up interest in the show. For American sitcoms it's not as funny as Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men, even lacking in gag reel moments like How I Met Your Mother. Granted it can be an entertaining show I just haven't found the genius in it yet.

I haven't seen the English version. I have heard the Gervais earns 50k for every American episode produced.

........................I think my brain just vomited.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I met your mother?!

fecking hell! That's the worst list of shows I've ever seen. Even worse when you realize he is comparing them to The Office!

Wittmann45

I can't stand Two and a Half Men

The Big Bang Theory is a funny show, but its a little corny. But it isn't funnier then the Office.

The laugh tracks don't help either mind you...

Alex

Yeah, this season has been poor, not enough of funny Andy or Dwight, Jim has become a douche, and Michael has changed a lot as well. Hopefully they can right the ship for the rest of the season but I am not holding my breath.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Another weak episode. Maybe Gervais had a point. I think they're running out of ideas of where to take it now.

Please prove me wrong...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've just watched the first few episodes of season 6

I've just seen the wedding episode - finishing with Michael going into Pam's mum's room

It's definitely lost something. I don't like the new office arrangement and the attitudes of a lot of people seem to have changed.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Apparantly in this week's episode Kathy Bates says that either Jim or Michael has to go back to sales, hopefully this means a return to being funny for Big Tuna.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
the attitudes of a lot of people seem to have changed.
That's probably what's annoyed me the most about the new season. Look at the employee of the month thing in the Scotts Tots episode. It took the office workers about 0.4 seconds to go from happy to abusive when Jim won it accidentally. As if they hadn't been working with him for like 6 years.

Cina

Was a very good episode.

Jim putting Dwights tie into his cup at the end just reminded me of old times, thank god.

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
My favorite moment was when the dogs were sniffing Andy's crotch and when Micheal and Erin were dancing

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
My favorite moment was when the dogs were sniffing Andy's crotch and when Micheal and Erin were dancing
I thought the first scene was really funny. Also, when Michael said this: Camel cigarettes did the same thing with Joe Camel by making him look like a penis. I can't even go near a cigarette now without thinking of a penis, and vice versa.

..'and vice versa' :lol:

Alex

Dwight to Kathy bates: "I'm treating you as if you were a man. I would only stand if you were the President, or...Judge Judy

:lol:

Alex

I dont think I like you anymore...

It wasnt in the top tier, but it certainly was a step or two in the right direction after what has been going on in all honesty, much of this season has been poor, reckon Sabre is just what they needed in Scranton

Alex

Does anyone else see Dwight putting the moves on Erin before Andy does that would be funny, thought the elevator part with Dwight and Ryan was amusing too

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Actually yeah, the stuff between Ryan and Dwight was good (although I felt slightly out of character for Ryan to be defering that much to a plan of Dwights). Maybe it's because I haven't watched this season in order so I'm not following the highs and lows per se? It was a good start to the episode but I felt the wheels fell off after Michael decided to take the salesperson job - it became quite mundane after that. They even threw in a fart gag.

M160RA

Thank God for the takeover and Jim's demotion....hopefully it'll be business at usual at the Scranton branch from now on.

Alex

Thank God for the takeover and Jim's demotion....hopefully it'll be business at usual at the Scranton branch from now on.
I agree Jim's demotion should set the show back on, got a little too big for his boots imo, not very funny like that was a bit of an asshole. That said I liked when Michael found out about the salesmen job and basically told him to feck off. Even got a sale hahhaha. That said Michael is all about ants on trees or what not hahaha

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think we're going to start seeing some great pranks again. If they can keep it inventive, I see no reason why it can't keep being funny.

Personally I thought this season was funny, albeit not as funny as some of the others, but I agree that this might get things entirely back on track.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
It just struck me how inconsistent some of the writing is this season. For example, Pam asks Dwight to not peel a boiled egg at his desk, and the entire office gets up in arms shouting "we didn't choose for you to get pregnant". A bit harsh, but fair enough. A few episodes later, Phyllis sends out an email saying that she's going to be dropping her guts regularly for a while because of her allergy medication - which apparently everyone was fine with?

Makes little sense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Liked this ep, the tie in the tea also reminded me of old times with the pranks. Hoping for more of the same now.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It just struck me how inconsistent some of the writing is this season. For example, Pam asks Dwight to not peel a boiled egg at his desk, and the entire office gets up in arms shouting "we didn't choose for you to get pregnant". A bit harsh, but fair enough. A few episodes later, Phyllis sends out an email saying that she's going to be dropping her guts regularly for a while because of her allergy medication - which apparently everyone was fine with?

Makes little sense.
Why do you even watch The Office? You clearly hate it.

I mean, come on, talk about looking for the negatives.

Alex

Makes little sense.
It's because Phyllis is hot and Pam is not, that is why they let that sexy beast do whatever she wants.

She has a neck that would make a turkey jealous.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Why do you even watch The Office? You clearly hate it.

I mean, come on, talk about looking for the negatives.
I actually quite liked the third and fourth seasons. It started going a bit downhill at about the time they quite blatantly hit the 'reset' button (Ryan back as a temp, Pam back as receptionist, Michael back to being a desperate single), and some of the writing this season has been inconsistent.

I mean, I wouldn't put it among my top ten favourite shows, but I have a fondness for it. I'm even past my "British office shits all over this" bias.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne

Makes little sense.
The correct answer is that everyone is afraid of Bob Vance.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was Dwight in the Sabre episode at all? Seeing him in the most recent one made me realize.

Brophs

The One and Only
This season's been quite poor. There's no real plot apart from the pregnancy and the Andy & Erin storyline. It's like they're just tossing off a bunch of sketches and putting them together. There's also been a lot of very hammy overacting, for some reason. I've been finding it a bit of a struggle, to be honest.

Cina

Agreed Brophs, though it still makes me laugh quite a bit, and I liked the latest double episode.

Still, they're out of ideas, and the show could be outstaying its welcome soon.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
This season's been quite poor. There's no real plot apart from the pregnancy and the Andy & Erin storyline. It's like they're just tossing off a bunch of sketches and putting them together. There's also been a lot of very hammy overacting, for some reason. I've been finding it a bit of a struggle, to be honest.
watched about 5 mins the other night and had to turn it off it was so bad.