Television The Office, US Version

MJD72

This was definitely one of the better episodes this season. Date Mike is cringeworthy in a funny way (not as funny as Prison Mike).

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Oh, and the Japanese surgeon's life story :lol:

That hot girl, is she supposed to be Pam's friend or her sister?

GingerPrince11

Oh, and the Japanese surgeon's life story :lol:

That hot girl, is she supposed to be Pam's friend or her sister?
she's (Isabelle) Pam's friend, wouldnt make sense if it was Pam's sister, since when Dwigth asked about her siblings, she had two brothers or something, and we know Pam doesnt have any brothers.

Plus this episode was written by B.J. Novak, the guy that plays Ryan.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've always had the urge to skip some of Michael's parts. Despite how much I love the show, I'm not very good at watching cringeworthy scenes. Well, not the ones that involve Michael, anyway. He's just too good at it :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
I thought that was better than the last few weeks, but nothing like the standard when it was at its best. It seems like they're trying to work in storylines for too many of the characters at once.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I've always had the urge to skip some of Michael's parts. Despite how much I love the show, I'm not very good at watching cringeworthy scenes. Well, not the ones that involve Michael, anyway. He's just too good at it :lol:
Exactly :lol:

Alex

Was looking at the Wiki page and was amazed by the different ages of all the characters, obviously Creed and Stanley are old, but Kevin is fecking 37(talk about not aging well) and Meredith is only 45 fecking A ewww

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Meh. Rewatched some of the old episodes recently and the standard of last night's episode is so far short of that. I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that the next season that they've already agreed to is going to be about the same quality as Scrubs' last season.

Brophs

The One and Only
Dr. Toilet

The worst sketch in the history of sketches. It went on for about two days aswell.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
I mean, seriously, a sub-plot about Kevin's sounding like the Cookie Monster? Is that what you've sunken to?

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Meh. Rewatched some of the old episodes recently and the standard of last night's episode is so far short of that. I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that the next season that they've already agreed to is going to be about the same quality as Scrubs' last season.
Do you mean actual last season, the 'spinoff' season, which would be the 9th? Or the 8th season?

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Do you mean actual last season, the 'spinoff' season, which would be the 9th? Or the 8th season?
I mean the 9th season, I know it was supposed to be kind of a spin off but it was still diabolical.

Ah yes, I remember Dr. Toilet now, pretty bad alright.

Alex

Last night's episode was fecking shit. The only one who is still funny is Dwight. Pam and Jim were once again assholes like they have become this year. Oh we are just going to leave work, haha we are so cool. Also docking their salary, umm they are salesman paid on commission who gives a feck.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sounds like my decision to give up on this and just remember the quality of the early ones was a good call.

mehro

Ass face
I mean the 9th season, I know it was supposed to be kind of a spin off but it was still diabolical.

Ah yes, I remember Dr. Toilet now, pretty bad alright.
No comparison. I couldn't even watch all the episodes in the last 2 seasons of Scrubs but still go back and watch the first few seasons over and over again.

The Office is still doing a good job with an odd bad episode now and then.

Brophs

The One and Only
Shit episode.

I almost laughed once. That was the high point.

I've been hanging in there, but I actually think the show may have gone beyond saving.

Alex

I don't know brophs, hopefully it isnt. The biggest problem is the douchebag that they have turned Jim into, he used to be a lovable funny character and now you just want to smack him in the face several times per episode. Hopefully they havent run out of ideas because plenty are there. There are several things though that have led to this: Jim and Pam getting married, Jim and Pam having a kid, Jim thinking he is now a boss, the sale to Sabre, etc,etc. The talent is all still there they just need to get back to doing things that are actaully amusing, I really thought they had turned a corner with that episode at Dave and Busters or whatever the feck it is called in Scranton because it was genuinely good, but since it has certainly regressed. I do think they need to bring in a drastic plot line over a few episodes to bring the show back on top of things, on of the things I have thought of off the top of my head whilst typing was bringing Karen back in some regard like as Michael's boss or something, but that wont work as she is on Parks and Rec. The changing of dynamics and interpersonal characters was never a good idea, I do like that Michael is back to his idiot good-hearted self though. The only character they have stayed true too is Dwight, and some of the lesser characters. And that brings up the point where in feck is Creed he is always funny as feck, he should have an ep where he is a major player. Another thing that is weird is Andy, since he has got with Erin he has gone downhill as a character too, and badly as he could have taken up the mantle for Jim. The thing about the office is that it relies on so many characters to produce a good episode, that the fact that they can't seem to do that now makes most of the shows look weak, that was why the Dave and Busters one succeeded because they all were able to escape into a bit of a realm and have their own little storyline. I dont know I am disappointed myself though.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
What exactly is it that she is supposed to see in Michael? I mean, Jan was crazy and Holly was a female Michael.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Michael turned into un uncorfortable idiot, he makes me want to fast foward every time i see him, he is stupid in an unfunny way

the only one that saves the show is Dwight

Alex

What exactly is it that she is supposed to see in Michael? I mean, Jan was crazy and Holly was a female Michael.
He kinda charmed her at Dave and Busters, she is a mid 30s bartender or manager there so well it isn't like she has the best thing, but that was when Michael was selling himself to her, and well she liked it, oh and all girls are fecking crazy

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
I mean, there were a few funny bits in that episode, mostly from the Dwight-Kelly stuff, but back in the show's prime, like every other thing anyone said would make me burst out laughing. Like there's a bit in that episode were they go for like two minutes asking like every character if they think whatsherface is in to Michael, and I'm like "who cares? Say something funny! Oh Pam thinks maybe she likes him? WHO CARES?"

Then they did it again. Twice. Like come on.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The attempt to get Craig Robinson into the show is failing, Why does he not feature more if the direction they were taking was to make him a more hilarious and active feature on the show?

I liked the last 2 episodes personally but I can see why some would be pissed.

Cina

I thought that was a very good episode actually. Dwight was hilarious as usual.

Cina

Creed is brilliant too, but they usually only give him a line an episode. The line is usually hilarious though.