Television The Office, US Version

Alex

This season's been quite poor. There's no real plot apart from the pregnancy and the Andy & Erin storyline. It's like they're just tossing off a bunch of sketches and putting them together. There's also been a lot of very hammy overacting, for some reason. I've been finding it a bit of a struggle, to be honest.
YEah there hasnt been enough Dwight or Andy. Too much Jim and Pam for my liking as well, I think that they are a major reason why the show hasnt been as good this year. Sure, in the past there was always that dynamic between them, but in the past a lot of Pam's scenes were with Michael and Jim's with Dwight or Michael. Now I feel like half the fecking show is Jim and Pam

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What the hell has happened to this show?

I had to turn off the last episode half way through. This is still supposed to be a comedy right?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
'On March 5, 2010, NBC officially announced that it had renewed The Office for a seventh season. The full number of episodes has not yet been disclosed.[35]'

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Hopefully when the 7th season rolls around the writers reign themselves in a bit. I didn't mind the last episode but I didn't love it either.

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
I still love the show, but I agree its a bit too much "heart" not enough comedy. It such a fine line between "heart" and "cheesy" and it got a bit cheesy for a while.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Please let Pam feck off to raise the baby like that blonde one did in Boston Legal. I don't want every episode turning into a bring the baby to work style thing, that would really ruin it in my mind.
For a minute there I was worried they were going to have the fecking baby in the office, which would have made me switch off for good. Hopefully Pam being on maternity leave means the writers can scale back the Jim and Pam stuff.

Alex

Appears Daryl has moved upstairs could do well in a bigger role

Brophs

The One and Only
I thought that one was a tumescent mess. Again.

The 'megadesk' gag seems to be another failed sketch that they've decided to incorporate into the show. The Andy-Erin storyline seems to be working towards a 'How dare you suggest I'm sleeping with my foster brother' payoff, which is such utter bollocks, and not even remotely funny.

They need to do something, as I can't see people watching this nonsense for too long.

Alex

Yeah it certainly could have been much better, yeah mega desk was a waste

Alex

It's like they have truly run out of ideas, well I guess they still have ideas, but all of them have been poor. Maybe Daryl can help it improve, but yeah I watch it, and dont really find it that funny or even entertaining anymore.

Brophs

The One and Only
Oddly enough, while I was taking a Monday shit whilst reading the Sunday papers, I read a story that John Krasinksi (Jim) didn't want to sign up to a seventh season, but was persuaded to by other cast members. Apparently with his movie career starting to take off, he didn't fancy another year of tv.

Hard to blame him with what he has to work with at the moment.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Quaddesk made me laugh out loud, and Daryl learning about 'this tiny television' was pretty funny, but its still so hit and miss.

And, yeah, I'm with Brophs, after this Andy-Erin thing has gone on and on all season, if they go with the foster-brother thing its a total anti-climax.

Brophs

The One and Only
Over the past weeks I've gone back and watched all of the old seasons, almost to date.

Season 1 is not great, basically because they're trying to copy the UK version. Season 2 was very funny, Seasons 3 and 4 were the high points, and Season 5 was where it started to tail off a bit, albeit it was still decent. I watched Season 6, and it's really poor by comparison. I honestly think they're either spreading themselves too thinly at the writing stage, or they've gotten bored with what they were doing, and are pissing about a bit to amuse themselves.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Over the past weeks I've gone back and watched all of the old seasons, almost to date.

Season 1 is not great, basically because they're trying to copy the UK version. Season 2 was very funny, Seasons 3 and 4 were the high points, and Season 5 was where it started to tail off a bit, albeit it was still decent. I watched Season 6, and it's really poor by comparison. I honestly think they're either spreading themselves too thinly at the writing stage, or they've gotten bored with what they were doing, and are pissing about a bit to amuse themselves.
Yeah I'd agree with that, season 5 started to tail off when they brought in Charles. Season 6 has had a handfull of good episodes, like the wedding one, and unemployed David Wallace, but mostly its been such a slog.

They need to get Dwight doing good stuff again. This is the guy who set the office on fire, and in the last two episodes I've seen he's been redoing Jim and Pam's kitchen, and singing Cats in the Cradle? Laaame.

Alex

I thought the episode last night was decent as it had Michael and Dwight together for a majority of it and that tends to always be a successful pairing their fight at the city dump was great. The part with Andy and Erin was fecking funny too. I did like how the sales people were being such assholes at the beginning of the episode as well.

GingerPrince11

Brophs pretty much hit it head on.

This show is dying off, and only on the air because of the high viewership. Last night episode had its moments, but the garbage dump scene was a waste of time, except the micheal/dwight fight, and the andy-erin thing is getting too old.

twitter thread suggester
Brophs pretty much hit it head on.

This show is dying off, and only on the air because of the high viewership. Last night episode had its moments, but the garbage dump scene was a waste of time, except the micheal/dwight fight, and the andy-erin thing is getting too old.
Wasn't the fight pretty much the entire garbage dump scene?

Brophs

The One and Only
Christ, that episode was utter shit.

The storyline didn't even make sense. The sales staff's poor behaviour was the problem, yet no one seemed to mention that instead of some slapstick solution, they just could have been less arsey. Not to mention the fact that Jim, for example, was behaving like an arsehole, despuite never having been like that before.

It's like they're just writing episodes without any real reference to ongoing storylines. It's becoming 'wacky' which is about the worst thing it could be.

Wittmann45

Man, its at a point where I don't even watch it anymore.

Thursday use to be one of the few nights I actually watched tv with the Office and 30 Rock, now I don't really watch either

Now, the only night I really watch TV is Sunday with the Amazing Race and the Pacific back to back

Alex

Yeah one thing I noticed is that Phyllis was doing the same thing, even Andy it was such a bizarre change in character for them both, although did like the Michaeal Dwight, its like the writers were like you know what would be cool is we change the characters we have had for several seasons into completely different people, I actually think that is a theme for some of the characters over the course of this season, Jim has changed the most, and become quite a twat, Pam well she was pregnant and now married so acting totally like a crazy instead of previously nice and happy person, Michael hasn't really been the same either I still find him amusing at times, although no one has a shred of respect for him in the office, they didnt have much before but believe it seems they none now. The new ownership company is a bunch of douchebags, especially Kathy Bates, I did think it was amusing that before she came there after they bought Sabre (Sabray) and then Kathy Bates'company was Saber (Saber).

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
I'd like to see Pam's sister more because a. she is smoking hot and b. she attractive to Dwight even though he's an asshole to her.

GingerPrince11

do you guys get community or parks and recreation over there, not as good as the office in its prime, but still good shows for laughs. And Chevy Chase is in Community.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
The idea that the leads would be mailed out on card rather than, you know, emailed or whatever, is absolute nonsense though.

Brophs

The One and Only
Aye, you'd think it would have been a sight easier just to ring corporate and ask them to send them again. Unless they just had the one copy of them. Which would be utterly mental. Though it seemed to be the premise the show was working off.

GingerPrince11

Aye, you'd think it would have been a sight easier just to ring corporate and ask them to send them again. Unless they just had the one copy of them. Which would be utterly mental. Though it seemed to be the premise the show was working off.
exactly, the writers probably realized this when it was too late!

kps88

Your not alone. Thought it was the best I've seen in weeks.

Stanley: The Kardashians is a good show.

Alex

Wow, surprisingly good episode tonight, reminded me of past seasons. Michael and Dwight were both great.

Alex

Holy shit that part at the end with Daryl and the Japanese surgeon was fecking hilarious.

GingerPrince11

was decent, I hate the whole Andy and Erin thing, but when Erin starting hitting on the guy lol, also Kevin and Stanley had a few good moments each, wont ruin anything else, for those that havent seen it.

Creed: COME ON!!!