Television The Office, US Version

Alex

It has really puttered out

I have said it time after time Dwight is last of the class in the show to still be funny, Jim and Pam congrats on the baby but who gives a feck, Michael wake up, Andy grow some balls back you fecking cukold

MJD72

It has really puttered out

I have said it time after time Dwight is last of the class in the show to still be funny, Jim and Pam congrats on the baby but who gives a feck, Michael wake up, Andy grow some balls back you fecking cukold
Have to agree with you there. It has definitely lost the appeal it used to have. There is absolutely no point in half of the characters now.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That seems to be the case for 90% of the people in this thread, who apparently only watch it so they can have something to complain about. Boo-hoo, no one fecking cares.

Personally, I still enjoy it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That was a cracking episode. In fact, to be fair, the last 3 have been pretty funny.

It seems to have regained some of it's mojo.

With this season coming to an end I hope they can carry it over in to the next one.

Doevle

That seems to be the case for 90% of the people in this thread, who apparently only watch it so they can have something to complain about. Boo-hoo, no one fecking cares.

Exactly. It might not be as good as previous seasons, but it's still a very funny show.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

do you have a dismissive opinion about everything and everyone? and if you don't care, why do you bother posting?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm not surprised, I just think it's amusing and slightly sad that people who apparently despise what the show has turned into still watch it every week, and without fail turn up in this thread to whinge.

Yes, yes, marcos, we know you think Dwight is carrying the show.

What's that? Dwight is the only funny one left?

Oh dear.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Meh, I've not liked this season at all, but when its been funny I've still given it its due, last one was decent. Michael is such a wanker now though.

You shouldn't be so tetchy about people criticising the show, its only television.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I'm not surprised, I just think it's amusing and slightly sad that people who apparently despise what the show has turned into still watch it every week, and without fail turn up in this thread to whinge.

Oh dear.
:lol:

oh, i offended you, sorry, didn't know you were "the office" mum

listen, this is a forum, respect others opinions or get the feck out of here

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm confused. I thought it was your inability to respect my opinion that started all of this? :confused:

I did find this part suitably unintentionally ironic, though.

listen, this is a forum, respect others opinions or get the feck out of here

Alex

Oh dear.
...why would you think I despise the show, you on the otherhand....

nimic

something nice
Scout
You're not the worst, but you too seem to rush to this thread to make it absolutely clear after every episode how unfunny that episode was, and how unfunny the show has been getting in general.

Also, that last comment was very mature. I didn't think you had it in you.

Oh, wait.. :yawn:

Alex

Yeah it really gives them freedom to do something random and funny, a la hier soir

Brophs

The One and Only
At the risk of making niMic throw another fanny fit, I thought that was quite a good epsiode by recent standards. They didn't try to do too much with the episode, which has been one of the main problems this season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still find it very watchable, it don't really care if 'the standards have dropped' or the whole not as funny as it used to be thing. As long as I still enjoy watching it then it's fine. Though they have turned Michael into a right prick now.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
I still find it very watchable, it don't really care if 'the standards have dropped' or the whole not as funny as it used to be thing. As long as I still enjoy watching it then it's fine. Though they have turned Michael into a right prick now.
That's been my main problem with this season. Michael was an idiot, but wasn't generally spiteful, now he's just an asshole.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Had to laugh at Michael saying only about 12 minutes during the last year have been worth watching...

The finale had some good lines, I liked Jim sticking up for Andy only for Andy to then accuse him of being the whistleblower straight away, but I dunno, it still felt like something was missing. Here's to next season hopefully getting its groove back!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Good episode. The last 3-4 have been.

Oh, and Brophs, I think you're a bit confused. Perhaps if you then followed the post up with something negative, that would make sense. It's a bit like saying "I don't mean to be racist, but black people are really nice".

Brophs

The One and Only
Good episode. The last 3-4 have been.

Oh, and Brophs, I think you're a bit confused. Perhaps if you then followed the post up with something negative, that would make sense. It's a bit like saying "I don't mean to be racist, but black people are really nice".
Not really.

My (tongue-in-cheek) reference to you was just in relation to the qualification 'by recent standards'.

Alex

Getting Holy back will be a huge boost I think. It will put Michael in better spirits and add a character who is somewhat amusing and has good chemistry with Michael.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yeah. Michael hasn't been his old self for a while. It looks like they're bringing back a lot of the old dynamics. Funny, unrelated openings. Jim/Dwight, and now possibly Holly.

Alex

Dwight was excellent this season, I don't know if he was better than previous years or it just seemed that do to the fall of some others. But yeah getting Holly back will actually make Michael back into the happy go lucky guy he used to be. He said next season might be his last(which means he wants Fraiser type money) so we will see what happens, but the show is just a lot better when he is in flow of things, with Dwight as a sidekick. One thing I think they did, which I just pondered is that they have essentially turned Jim and Pam into one character, Jam, which was one of the big problems with this year, because they are two of the biggest characters on the show, hopefully the further they get away from the birth the more they regain their personalities, and more Isabel for Dwight too :lol:

Cina

Dwight was excellent this season, I don't know if he was better than previous years or it just seemed that do to the fall of some others. But yeah getting Holly back will actually make Michael back into the happy go lucky guy he used to be. He said next season might be his last(which means he wants Fraiser type money) so we will see what happens, but the show is just a lot better when he is in flow of things, with Dwight as a sidekick. One thing I think they did, which I just pondered is that they have essentially turned Jim and Pam into one character, Jam, which was one of the big problems with this year, because they are two of the biggest characters on the show, hopefully the further they get away from the birth the more they regain their personalities, and more Isabel for Dwight too :lol:
I think that's a cert, it's not about the money, he just thinks the show is getting stale, which it is.