Gaming The Outer Worlds | 25th October release date

Siorac

Totally. It also means I'll never get the KotOR III I want. :(
The reason we won’t get Kotor III is Disney/EA. If they can’t make a Star Wars game online only and slap it with microtransactions then they won’t bother. Look at what happened to Star Wars 1313.
Yeah, this. We won't get any KotOR 3 at all now. SWTOR finished that storyline unfortunately.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I didn't realise that this was coming to PS4 and I was bummed out until I saw the end of the trailer. Looks great, love me some deep Obsidian games!

Art Vandelay

I'll definitely be taking a chance on this. Looks really good and I'm really glad they've not gone for a voiced protagonist. I hate voiced protagonists when you create your own character. Why bother letting me create it if you're going to do that?

I just wish they would hurry up and release the PoE2 console port. I'd have loved it for Christmas.

Nickosaur

At the very least, it's going to be a well told RPG with skill checks and decisions that actually matter. I'm still not sold on the whole ''theme"... but it does look promising.

Runner

There's even an extended (14 min) gameplay video already:

I'm going to preface this by saying I absolutely loved Poe: Deadfire. However, the combat looks awful and I'm very concerned i'll get bored. It looks really really easy. I have a Counter-strike background and twitch shooters are my thing (rainbow six siege etc.) From that video the AI is the equivalent of a 3 year old and I feel I could play this with my eyes closed.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm going to preface this by saying I absolutely loved Poe: Deadfire. However, the combat looks awful and I'm very concerned i'll get bored. It looks really really easy. I have a Counter-strike background and twitch shooters are my thing (rainbow six siege etc.) From that video the AI is the equivalent of a 3 year old and I feel I could play this with my eyes closed.
Well it's an rpg before a shooter. Your mad skillz will be wasted anyway ;)

Siorac

I'll definitely be taking a chance on this. Looks really good and I'm really glad they've not gone for a voiced protagonist. I hate voiced protagonists when you create your own character. Why bother letting me create it if you're going to do that?

I just wish they would hurry up and release the PoE2 console port. I'd have loved it for Christmas.
Worked well enough in Mass Effect.

PoE 2 with a controller? That sounds horrifying to me.

Art Vandelay

Worked well enough in Mass Effect.

PoE 2 with a controller? That sounds horrifying to me.
I didn't like it in Mass Effect either.

The first game was surprisingly fine on controller and a lot more comfortable for me than playing on my laptop. The only real issue was the long load times, but it was an issue on PC too.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Probably the most detailed overview so far:

Lots of redundance with the one I posted before, of course.

Few important points:
-Set on two (?) planets. Not open world.
-No going down on your companions.
-No third person perspective planned.
-No voiced protagonist.
-Allegedly every NPC killable, also the important story NPCs.

Kaos

Probably the most detailed overview so far:

Lots of redundance with the one I posted before, of course.

Few important points:
-Set on two (?) planets. Not open world.
-No going down on your companions.
-No third person perspective planned.
-No voiced protagonist.
-Allegedly every NPC killable, also the important story NPCs.
Sounds good to me so far. A little disappointed about there being only two planets and honestly a little surprised (why bother having the whole gimmicky spaceship hub for just swapping between two planets?), unless the two planets are huge with several docking points or something.

The non voiced protagonist with multiple dialogue choices is a big one for me. One thing that really got on my tits in fallout 4 was the awful dialogue wheel with 4 responses not sounding anything like the option I selected and all of them ending up with the same outcome anyway.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sounds good to me so far. A little disappointed about there being only two planets and honestly a little surprised (why bother having the whole gimmicky spaceship hub for just swapping between two planets?), unless the two planets are huge with several docking points or something.

The non voiced protagonist with multiple dialogue choices is a big one for me. One thing that really got on my tits in fallout 4 was the awful dialogue wheel with 4 responses not sounding anything like the option I selected and all of them ending up with the same outcome anyway.
There's no clear info on the number of planets so far, actually. On one page i read two, one terraformed, one a failed terraforming project, but in the video i posted the guy just states that Obs wouldn't disclose the actual number of planets yet.

Kaos

I’ve never played any of the Fallout series but I might give this a shot. Xbox seems to be lacking in stellar titles.
I’d give New Vegas a try. It’s also made by Obsidian and is IMO the best fallout game. The visuals look pretty rough but it still holds up well today. If you like that chances are you’ll dig this game.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I’d give New Vegas a try. It’s also made by Obsidian and is IMO the best fallout game. The visuals look pretty rough but it still holds up well today. If you like that chances are you’ll dig this game.
Best of the 3d era. Anyone who can handle old games should definitely check out Fallout 1 and 2. It will change your idea of what Fallout is about (or should be about, Bethesda)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is out really soon. I remember seeing the trailer ages ago.

Anyone getting it?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This is out really soon. I remember seeing the trailer ages ago.

Anyone getting it?
I plan to but there's been feck all released about it which is a bit odd considering it's out in two weeks. Will wait for the reviews anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I plan to but there's been feck all released about it which is a bit odd considering it's out in two weeks. Will wait for the reviews anyway.
Yeah it’s weird. Only remembered it because there was an ad on Instagram. Seems to have been barely any advertising for this at all.

Art Vandelay

There's been a lot of footage on Youtube with 20 minute play through chunks. I like the look of the RPG elements, but the comedy looks like it might be a bit immersion breaking. It's free on Game Pass anyway so I'll give it a go. It's Obsidian so it could be brilliant, horribly broken and unfinished or all of the above.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Well it's an Epic store exclusive for now, which has cooled the interest of loads of people.

Massive Spanner

Well it's an Epic store exclusive for now, which has cooled the interest of loads of people.
It's on PS4, Xbox and Game Pass (for free) too so that's hardly why. Coming to Switch at some point too.

They haven't even released minimum PC specs yet which is really weird.

mu4c_20le

It's Obsidian, they aren't indie small anymore but their games tend to be more niche especially their rpgs. This game is mostly targeted towards Fallout new vegas fans, than your average casual sci fi fps gamer, who are prob still busy with destiny anyways until after the holidays.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's on PS4, Xbox and Game Pass (for free) too so that's hardly why. Coming to Switch at some point too.
I'm a PC guy, what are all these things :p
The other point is that it only got so much attention in the first place because the backlash on Fallout 76 was in full force at the time it was announced. People saw it (mostly wrongly) as an alternative to Bethesda's Fallout games. The Fallout franchise is under the radar now, and TOW with it.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm looking forward to it.
I hope it's on the game pass for PC

Edit: Yes it is
I've got 3 years of games pass so essentially a free game at this point!
*fist pump*

Massive Spanner

I'm looking forward to it.
I hope it's on the game pass for PC

Edit: Yes it is
I've got 3 years of games pass so essentially a free game at this point!
*fist pump*
Game Pass seems like unbelievable value.

I've also seen a thing whereby if you build up loads of the Xbox passes, like 2 years, and then upgrade your account to ultimate for the initial €1 then it converts all of the months to the ultimate version.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Game Pass seems like unbelievable value.

I've also seen a thing whereby if you build up loads of the Xbox passes, like 2 years, and then upgrade your account to ultimate for the initial €1 then it converts all of the months to the ultimate version.
Doesn't work anymore unfortunately. It was a timed offer.
So yeah, I ended up buying 3 years worth of live and a months pass to get 3 years. I don't own an xbox but even so, it's good value on the pc also

Coxy

Got this pre loaded on my xbox thanks to Game Pass - looking forward to it! Great devs.