The Premier League is Crap

SER19

12-13 - United were the only team to pass 80 points. United were hard carried by RVP and the rest were mediocre. A truly forgettable season all round.

15-16 - Leicester won the title with a mere 81 points. If this was City and not an underdog nobody would have anything remotely positive to say about it.

There’s 2 examples in 10 years of a worse quality PL season.
That's on aspect of a season. OP explores much more than that

Care_de_Bobo

12-13 - United were the only team to pass 80 points. United were hard carried by RVP and the rest were mediocre. A truly forgettable season all round.

15-16 - Leicester won the title with a mere 81 points. If this was City and not an underdog nobody would have anything remotely positive to say about it.

There’s 2 examples in 10 years of a worse quality PL season.
Terrible examples. 2012/13 saw the greatest manager of all time win the league in his final season and 2015/16 was one of the great underdog stories.

Arsenal basically sacrificed every other competition this season to focus on the league and they won't even come close to winning it in the end.

Football is about more than just the number of points accrued and crazy high point totals from one or two teams actually point to a league that isn't very competitive overall.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Terrible examples. 2012/13 saw the greatest manager of all time win the league in his final season and 2015/16 was one of the great underdog stories.

Arsenal basically sacrificed every other competition this season to focus on the league and they won't even come close to winning it in the end.

Football is about more than just the number of points accrued and crazy high point totals from one or two teams actually point to a league that isn't very competitive overall.
You are right it should be about how competitive it was but your last title winning season was not competitive. 11 points clear is not competitive. It wasn’t even a vintage United side, you had better seasons with that same squad. Absolutely no one will remember that particular year besides United fans because it was dull as dishwasher.

Leicesters title winning season was only memorable for them winning it from nowhere, Poch crying that no one wanted them to win it and Spurs actually fecking themselves up. Was it a strong league that year? No.

If you weren’t a fan of any of these 3 particular teams in this case they were pretty crap seasons for the league as a whole. One team dominating doesn’t make a good league and an underdog winning it, that’s nice sure but nice isn’t always good.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The level at the bottom is truly atrocious this year which is what makes it incredibly frustrating to be in that group.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Football was more exciting with more world class players and more imagination and wow moments from players.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
The level at the bottom is truly atrocious this year which is what makes it incredibly frustrating to be in that group.
Been enjoying watching the battles the last few weeks, last nights game and Leeds / Leicester in particular.

Maybe lower on quality but proper contests.

Have completely lost interest in the top end, it’s almost anti-sport and likely going to get worse.

Martial

That happens when one club wins year after year essentially by cheating.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's like that one kid at school whose parents are rich. You're enjoying talking about GameBoy with your classmates and then he turns up with the actual thing. It's alright at first but then he keeps showing up with the things you wanted so effortlessly. Then they lose all meanings since you know this fecker is going to have them.

redcucumber

Football has been in decline for a while, the last World Cup has been the only saving grace in the last 5 years.
A World Cup in Qatar, held in the middle of winter, was football's saving grace? Christ, we really are buggered.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A World Cup in Qatar, held in the middle of winter, was football's saving grace? Christ, we really are buggered.
In terms of football quality it was the best World Cup in a while.

redcucumber

City play what most would argue is the highest quality of football. It's impossible to separate success from the means of how it is reached.

Entertainment yes, actual quality no. There were no great teams on display and the final was contested by a France that was a step down from 2018 and a fairly pedestrian Argentina side.

As club team tactics have overtaken individual brilliance we have lost the flair players from the game. On the international stage they don't have time to nail the team tactics so we're left with a bunch of average sides with few great players to make a difference.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Quite funny considering half of you lot wanted City to win the league over Arsenal and now you're bemoaning the lack of competitiveness in the league for the title.
Not me, I've been rooting for Arse and you can quote me on that in the sexual posts thread

Crashoutcassius

It's the least interested I've ever been in a season.

Every conversation on the forum around how we kick on and improve is like 'depends if we get a 500m or a 800m budget this summer'.

Football has boiled down to one dimension. I'm wondering if the best outcome is now a Super League to take the teams that are happy for every match to be an exhibition to leave behind something better. Then it is up to fans to vote with their feet.

justsomebloke

Perhaps a slightly dramatic title, but despite United's enjoyable progress, I can't remember finding the Premier League as poor. There is an incredible hype machine behind it, and a massively successful one. I want to clear up too, that I love the Premier League and it certainly has all the criteria to be the best league, or even forget comparing with other leagues - to become something really special. But for a variety of on and off field reasons, I've probably never been less interested - and this comes at a time when I'm enjoying United.

What's happening is incredible. You have a team who is now dominating the PL to the same extent PSG dominate Ligue 1. They are almost certain to win the CL too. This season, they have actually won the title in second gear, comfortably behind for much of the season with a calmness that they'd win the league almost making a mockery of it. This can't be argued against- some Arsenal fans aside, I think about 95% of others have considered the title City's pretty much since gameweek 1.

At the same time, there are over 100 charges out standing, and an investigation of a scale never seen before in English football. It is without question the biggest story in the sport in England, and any conversation about the ongoing season and so on, should be taking place in the shadow of this murky, terrible sportswashing tale - and yet other than when the story broke, it's basically never mentioned. Not by pundits, journalists, interviewers or even fans- no banners from opposing teams, no chants, nothing. This is symptomatic of a media industry around it with too much to lose- so the only real criticism comes from voices outside the sport who are easy to dismiss. I dont have my head in the sand about how the world works and obviously football is part of an imperfect world, but it's quite a feat to have made it so utterly soulless. The detachment between players and fans is staggering (see the Leeds players video earlier this month), there is an endless face of marketing at every glance from the clubs to the symbolic gestures, protests, badges you name it every other week - which may often be worthy causes, but none of it rings true. Everything feels like a robotic forced march.

On the football side, I've touched on the title. So what else is around the top? Dross like Spurs and an ageing Liverpool midfield scrapping it out for 5th while a United team in transition is looking comfortable in 4th. The emerging new team in the top is a Saudi backed club who have leapfrogged clubs like Brighton and Brentford through Saudi money- and they're only getting started.

Speaking of Brentford and Brighton, they've been real bright spots among other teams this season - but what comes next? Clubs like City and United will hoover up their talent, in many cases consigning players weve all enjoyed this season to the bench. This has always happened to an extent, top clubs want the best players and so be it, but it has never been so stark. You could go on and on and on listing players integral to smaller teams who became bit part subs, stockpiled at 'top' teams.

As for the bottom half, what a terrible collection of teams - battling with the absurd overspending of the PL and wage structures, to see clubs like Everton descend so much.

The officiating is absolutely awful- it doesn't warrant talking about.

Sky Sports and their ilk have disproportionate influence on narratives that surround the game and bring absolutely no vigour or integrity to the way they approach managers and players and talk to them or challenge them. Who remembers the famous Clough interview on some talk show, engaging in such a spirited, honest, chat and argument?

Clough is a good place to move on to characters- where I'll finish. The league is almost completely absent of them now. The sport has removed pretty much any room for the maverick or creative, with players now interchangeable as parts of incredibly efficient, but sleep-inducing machines of teams. It deeply misses guys like Cantona, Di Canio, Zola, Le Tissier - even the likes of Bergkamp, for all his incredible technical abilitiy and moments to suprise, would likely be reduced to an incredibly functional cog in today's game. It is inarguable the players like De Bruyne, Salah (who is a good example of a counter argument to my point), Haaland, Kane are incredible players who would have slotted in to any fine PL team of years gone by. But they are ferociously boring characters. That's not a criticism of them as people, they are the product of the game now. And this is before I go full old-man-yells-at-cloud and talk about the tattoos, hairstyles, jewellery,headphones and general behaviour of football players projecting themselves as wannabee hip-hop stars or Love Island failures.

It's grim, and I'm interested to know if anybody thinks it's all as bleak as I do. Personally, I don't see any way the league will ever return to what I grew up knowing it as, and feel it's only going to get worse and worse.
I'm probably a good deal less emotionally invested in much of this than you seem to be (and nothing wrong with that), but I also find it striking how badly run so many clubs seem to be at present. PL clubs are collectively in a uniquely favorable situation, with the money side of things giving opportunities to even lowly PL clubs that even big clubs in other big leagues don't have. So far, that seems to be making most of them more dysfunctional. Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Leicester have all descended into shitshow status, Forest is a free-spending joke, Southampton have slipped, Leeds and Liverpool have lost their way, Wolves are stuck in neutral (or worse) after years of heavy investment. Not 12 months ago, things were looking every bit as bad at United as it now does at, say, Spurs. A record number of managers have been sacked, three teams have sacked two managers and before long there'll probably be four (Leeds). At the 30-game mark, 9 teams were involved in the relegation race.

All things considered, it now looks as if the trailblazing example much of the league is emulating is.....Watford. :) It's all impatience, quick fixes, perpetual panic. This is what the money seems to bring, with the exception of a few standouts who either are so secure in their finances they're not much affected (City, Newcastle), or know they must expect to have so little of it they've built their whole model around other things (Brentford, Brighton).

Lecland07

A lot of these issues are actually football-related, in general, and not restricted to the Premier League, to be fair. Lack of individuality (notable players) etc. has really stemmed from the existence of that dominant Barcelona and Spain side; too much was put into systematic play ever since those teams existed. I would say football doesn't seem as set towards this as it was, though, with the re-emergence of strikers once more, which is an improvement.

A lot of the ones related to PL aren't even new (and they exist in the other top leagues, also):

I know people have a lot of criticism for City around how many titles they are winning, but, in that respect, it is not really any different to Manchester United. If they win the title this year, Man City would have won the league 7 times out of 11. Manchester United won 8 out of 11 titles in the 90s. We then won 5 out of 7 PL titles in the 2000s. We are the only club to win 3 PL titles in a row, and we have done it twice. It is not like this kind of dominance is anything new to the Premier League.

In fact, if you take out the purchase of Man City and Chelsea, there is a good chance that Manutd would have won 8 Premier League titles in a row. This is the same level of dominance experienced in the Bundesliga and has been seen Serie A in recent times. Barcelona have also had a stranglehold over the La Liga for a fairly long period, which seems to recently have come to an end.

City are the dominant side, at the moment, but they will see a drop off when Guardiola leaves. It just happens that they have the best manager at this time. Just like we had the best PL manager with Ferguson. Once managers like that get into a flow, it is very hard to stop them from winning.

The issue about lower clubs and where they are heading has been an issue ever since football started to grow financially. Again, Manchester United are at the forefront of this for the Premier League; it became unrivalled financially and likely would have assumed a position of the Bayern Munich of the Premier League, hoovering up all the best players from lower teams. It is not something new; it is something that has existed for the last 30 years. Remember us taking Rooney after his first season at Everton? Perhaps they would have achieved top four on more than one occasion if they could keep him.

Last edited:

Zen86

A lot of these issues are actually football-related, in general, and not restricted to the Premier League, to be fair. Lack of individuality (notable players) etc. has really stemmed from the existence of that dominant Barcelona and Spain side; too much was put into systematic play ever since those teams existed.

A lot of the ones related to PL aren't even new (and they exist in the other top leagues, also):

I know people have a lot of criticism for City around how many titles they are winning, but, in that respect, it is not really any different to Manchester United. If they win the title this year, Man City would have won the league 7 times out of 11. Manchester United won 8 out of 11 titles in the 90s. We then won 5 out of 7 PL titles in the 2000s. We are the only club to win 3 PL titles in a row, and we have done it twice. It is not like this kind of dominance is anything new to the Premier League.

In fact, if you take out the purchase of Man City and Chelsea, there is a good chance that Manutd would have won 8 Premier League titles in a row. This is the same level of dominance experienced in the Bundesliga and has been seen Serie A in recent times. Barcelona have also had a stranglehold over the La Liga for a fairly long period, which seems to recently have come to an end.

City are the dominant side, at the moment, but they will see a drop off when Guardiola leaves. It just happens that they have the best manager at this time. Just like we had the best PL manager with Ferguson. Once managers like that get into a flow, it is very hard to stop them from winning.

The issue about lower clubs and where they are heading has been an issue ever since football started to grow financially. Again, Manchester United are at the forefront of this for the Premier League; it became unrivalled financially and likely would have assumed a position of the Bayern Munich of the Premier League, hoovering up all the best players from lower teams. It is not something new; it is something that has existed for the last 30 years. Remember us taking Rooney after his first season at Everton? What about Carrick from Tottenham?
In retrospect, we dominated for a time yes. But there were always question marks over us every season, it was always "the end" for Fergie, this and that player was always past it, the opposition had always caught up, and it was nearly always the end of the line for us. We operated in cycles and our squad was never perfect. We had a lot of filler from the academy and elsewhere to fill in the gaps, players we had to rely on stepping up when it mattered and the great man was able to achieve that. The league was rarely a foregone conclusion before a ball was kicked and we never had the kind of loaded squad that City have for the last decade.

Guardiola could stay on for another 10 years and probably hoover up 70% of league titles in that time, as long as Abu Dhabi remain invested. And they'll probably do that even if he leaves. The rest of the league are incapable of ever catching up. The only thing that is going to long-term challenge them is another state actor, ie Newcastle or a Qatar-backed United. That's the sad state of PL football today.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The sky marketing has been genius and many people have fallen for it.

For example Arsenal drawing to relegation battling Southampton at home was apparently further proof that the PL was so strong and this type of thing wouldn't happen elsewhere, but it has, just in April champions elect in Serie A Napoli have drawn at home to two relegation candidates while Dortmund have had the Bundesliga title taken out of their hands due to a draw vs the third bottom side. And that's before I get into to how La Liga has embarrassed the PL in Europe for a long time now (most recently a side flirting with relegation for a lot of the season beating a side comfortably top 4 in the PL, remember when 10th place at the time us beating 1st place in Bundi Dortmund was used as a stick to beat the Bundesliga with?).

The "by far the best league in the world" marketing is gaslighting. It has a strong case to be the best, but not by the distance sky and these cliche pundits make out.
Depends on what you define best as

The PL is not the best in terms of quality football but I would argue it's the best entertainment

La Liga and Serie A have lots of technical quality but personally I find most games boring, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga are virtually 1 team leagues, I haven't watched either recently so I've no idea if they're as entertaining as the PL but I suspect not

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If all chocolate is getting simultaneously shitter and shitter, then it makes more sense to start a thread about why chocolate is all getting shit than one bemoaning the declining standards of Cadburys.
It's because it's now American chocolate :mad:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Entertainment yes, actual quality no. There were no great teams on display and the final was contested by a France that was a step down from 2018 and a fairly pedestrian Argentina side.

As club team tactics have overtaken individual brilliance we have lost the flair players from the game. On the international stage they don't have time to nail the team tactics so we're left with a bunch of average sides with few great players to make a difference.
Yeah some of those Messi Goals and assists were proper Tony Pulis hoofballs...

there was plenty of quality this world cup. The nature of the games are different than well drilled tactical sides. The France vs England game was some of the best football I've seen in a while.

I actually prefer it because players can use more of their individual skill and teams aren't drilled to a certain playing style

Yeah some of those Messi Goals and assists were proper Tony Pulis hoofballs...

there was plenty of quality this world cup. The nature of the games are different than well drilled tactical sides. The France vs England game was some of the best football I've seen in a while.

I actually prefer it because players can use more of their individual skill and teams aren't drilled to a certain playing style
Case in point really. Messi at 35 is a shadow of his best yet he was arguably the best player at the World Cup. The quality just was not there.

Red Star One

billions of pounds later, after selling half of the league to oil states and businessmen from around the world, one of the biggest English talents prefers to go to Madrid rather than to City that offered him more money. This is football heritage.

in fact it's less about Premier League being crap, more about City who dominate it being a hollow team no-one wants to commit to

troylocker

The Premier League has never been better or more popular. The only minus is the dominance of City, but so far at least one club has managed to compete with them each season and that needs to continue.
Compared to other leagues the average quality of the teams from top to bottom of the table in the PL is miles better than all the other top leagues in Europe and all the other top 5 leagues has experienced dominance from 1-3 teams the last 10-20 years.
We've had 6 different winners the last 20 years.

Ligue 1: PSG (the most unbalanced one when it comes to squad strength and resources) All other results than a PSG win is a PSG failure with the resources and squad they have compared to their competitors.

Serie A: Juve 2011-2020 (100 points season) The last 21 years there's only been 3 different winners (Inter, Milan and Juve) with Napoli breaking that curse this season.

Bundesliga: Bayern (total dominance with the exception of Dortmunds two wins with Klopp more than 10 years ago). Battle between the two this season.

LaLiga: RM and Barca (...and Athletico)
Worst season 11/12:
#1 Real Madrid (GF: 121-32) 100 points
#2 Barca (GF: 114-29) 91 points (also has had a 100 points season)
#3 Valencia (GF: 59-44) 61 points

Real and Barca literally played fodder in 36 out of 38 games that season (and most seasons between 2008 and 2023) The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo kept it a good product (I dont think many outside of Spain watched many games of other teams though). Since Valencia won LaLiga in 2004: Barca - 10 wins (on their way to 11 this season), Real Madrid - 6 wins and Athletico - 2 wins.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
You are right it should be about how competitive it was but your last title winning season was not competitive. 11 points clear is not competitive. It wasn’t even a vintage United side, you had better seasons with that same squad. Absolutely no one will remember that particular year besides United fans because it was dull as dishwasher.

Leicesters title winning season was only memorable for them winning it from nowhere, Poch crying that no one wanted them to win it and Spurs actually fecking themselves up. Was it a strong league that year? No.

If you weren’t a fan of any of these 3 particular teams in this case they were pretty crap seasons for the league as a whole. One team dominating doesn’t make a good league and an underdog winning it, that’s nice sure but nice isn’t always good.
A bit of an exaggeration, the 2012/13 was still somewhat memorable because it was the Van Persie year, and SAF's last year. Saying "absolutely no one will remember it" is incorrect, but you are right that the quality was mediocre.

The Leicester one is a vintage PL season - not necessarily in terms of the actual quality on display, so many sides were poor, but just because of who won it and how the season developed. I'm actually not sure what you're arguing here beyond the quality point, surely you agree it's a massively memorable season?
This world cup he was really good. I don't know what it was but some of his play was pure genius.
It was still a mediocre WC in terms of quality.

Josep Dowling

Perhaps a slightly dramatic title, but despite United's enjoyable progress, I can't remember finding the Premier League as poor. There is an incredible hype machine behind it, and a massively successful one. I want to clear up too, that I love the Premier League and it certainly has all the criteria to be the best league, or even forget comparing with other leagues - to become something really special. But for a variety of on and off field reasons, I've probably never been less interested - and this comes at a time when I'm enjoying United.

What's happening is incredible. You have a team who is now dominating the PL to the same extent PSG dominate Ligue 1. They are almost certain to win the CL too. This season, they have actually won the title in second gear, comfortably behind for much of the season with a calmness that they'd win the league almost making a mockery of it. This can't be argued against- some Arsenal fans aside, I think about 95% of others have considered the title City's pretty much since gameweek 1.

At the same time, there are over 100 charges out standing, and an investigation of a scale never seen before in English football. It is without question the biggest story in the sport in England, and any conversation about the ongoing season and so on, should be taking place in the shadow of this murky, terrible sportswashing tale - and yet other than when the story broke, it's basically never mentioned. Not by pundits, journalists, interviewers or even fans- no banners from opposing teams, no chants, nothing. This is symptomatic of a media industry around it with too much to lose- so the only real criticism comes from voices outside the sport who are easy to dismiss. I dont have my head in the sand about how the world works and obviously football is part of an imperfect world, but it's quite a feat to have made it so utterly soulless. The detachment between players and fans is staggering (see the Leeds players video earlier this month), there is an endless face of marketing at every glance from the clubs to the symbolic gestures, protests, badges you name it every other week - which may often be worthy causes, but none of it rings true. Everything feels like a robotic forced march.

On the football side, I've touched on the title. So what else is around the top? Dross like Spurs and an ageing Liverpool midfield scrapping it out for 5th while a United team in transition is looking comfortable in 4th. The emerging new team in the top is a Saudi backed club who have leapfrogged clubs like Brighton and Brentford through Saudi money- and they're only getting started.

Speaking of Brentford and Brighton, they've been real bright spots among other teams this season - but what comes next? Clubs like City and United will hoover up their talent, in many cases consigning players weve all enjoyed this season to the bench. This has always happened to an extent, top clubs want the best players and so be it, but it has never been so stark. You could go on and on and on listing players integral to smaller teams who became bit part subs, stockpiled at 'top' teams.

As for the bottom half, what a terrible collection of teams - battling with the absurd overspending of the PL and wage structures, to see clubs like Everton descend so much.

The officiating is absolutely awful- it doesn't warrant talking about.

Sky Sports and their ilk have disproportionate influence on narratives that surround the game and bring absolutely no vigour or integrity to the way they approach managers and players and talk to them or challenge them. Who remembers the famous Clough interview on some talk show, engaging in such a spirited, honest, chat and argument?

Clough is a good place to move on to characters- where I'll finish. The league is almost completely absent of them now. The sport has removed pretty much any room for the maverick or creative, with players now interchangeable as parts of incredibly efficient, but sleep-inducing machines of teams. It deeply misses guys like Cantona, Di Canio, Zola, Le Tissier - even the likes of Bergkamp, for all his incredible technical abilitiy and moments to suprise, would likely be reduced to an incredibly functional cog in today's game. It is inarguable the players like De Bruyne, Salah (who is a good example of a counter argument to my point), Haaland, Kane are incredible players who would have slotted in to any fine PL team of years gone by. But they are ferociously boring characters. That's not a criticism of them as people, they are the product of the game now. And this is before I go full old-man-yells-at-cloud and talk about the tattoos, hairstyles, jewellery,headphones and general behaviour of football players projecting themselves as wannabee hip-hop stars or Love Island failures.

It's grim, and I'm interested to know if anybody thinks it's all as bleak as I do. Personally, I don't see any way the league will ever return to what I grew up knowing it as, and feel it's only going to get worse and worse.
Agree with all of this. I’ve never been as disinterested with the league, even with United playing better. I think the main reason is City effectively cheating to the top and now in a position of dominance. There isn’t even a title race any more.

And as you say there is a case against them and it’s not mentioned by any one, just as the previous case wasn’t mentioned. No doubt there is concern about how the UAE owners will react. There is clear manipulation in the media around them and now Newcastle. The League Cup final was as if the big mighty United were playing the underdog. Every journalist were writing as if they wanted them to win.

Bobski

Club Football is shite now really. Many things are better in isolation of course but the actual competition is the least compelling I can remember. City might be the best side English football has ever seen, but so what, their achievements are hollow, are we supposed to be in awe of Haaland smashing records while playing in a super team beating up on hugely outmatched teams? Or PSG/Bayern/Real/Barca? What is the point? No wonder so much of fandom has moved to the NBA model of following individuals over teams.

432JuanMata

Do you know what is overlooked a lot is the fact that City’s dominance is our fault and only ours. Klopp has done well challenging with Liverpool, Chelsea come strong every 3 seasons or so.

Since Pep has been at City we have nearly spent as much as him but awful board, managers and signings we haven’t got near them

Its all gone Shane Long

Do you know what is overlooked a lot is the fact that City’s dominance is our fault and only ours. Klopp has done well challenging with Liverpool, Chelsea come strong every 3 seasons or so.

Since Pep has been at City we have nearly spent as much as him but awful board, managers and signings we haven’t got near them
Money and Pep, take one away they shall fall! Prob for one season though then back again

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Which is even more disappointing if you remember how Fergie saw off the challenge of the last club to try and financially dope its way to PL domination.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
In my highly impartial opinion. the Premier League was absolutely wonderful and the place to be from 1992/1993 until 1998/1998 and from 2001/2002 until 2011/2012, but was terrible in all other seasons.

432JuanMata

Which is even more disappointing if you remember how Fergie saw off the challenge of the last club to try and financially dope its way to PL domination.
That’s the thing though SAF did that especially during a time we were saving money yet now we spend on stupid transfers for wrong managers. We should be the challengers to City over the last few years not Liverpool.
As with SAF you can see with Klopp what a good manager can do yet we didn’t spend much during the end of SAF reign and when we did we had nowhere near the level of manager

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
Look man I get what your saying but behind the LA Liga it is the best league in the World and the PL really needs no hype. And unlike La Liga Southampton can beat City on a good day Getafe cant beat Real
Getafe beat Real last year and Real also lost against Levante who relegated. City haven't lost against a team fighting for relegation since 2019...

SER19

What a horrific title 'race' that was. One team stayed in second gear, pretty much certain theyd win the title since day 1, then decided when to kick on. Was there a single dramatic moment? Beyond arsenal winning a couple of games late.

Thats 5 in 6 years and they're winning them more easily than PSG win Ligue 1.

Guy Incognito

What a horrific title 'race' that was. One team stayed in second gear, pretty much certain theyd win the title since day 1, then decided when to kick on. Was there a single dramatic moment? Beyond arsenal winning a couple of games late.

Thats 5 in 6 years and they're winning them more easily than PSG win Ligue 1.
Arsenal 'bottling' it has become more of a headline than City 'winning' another title with a squad depth most clubs would dream of.

It really isn't a competition as much as Sky likes to paint it.

We all knew City would reel Arsenal in, and Arsenal would stumble. I think until Pep gets bored and decides to f off, nothing will change.

BelfastRed2021

Liverpool will be back next season you can bet on it if they spend and invest well in midfield maybe another better defender, with money we have spent over the years we should have been challenging which is down to our dreadful recruitment its upto us to make the correct decision on a striker and the away games we struggle to win will be turned to victories and with out home record we wont be far off.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal 'bottling' it has become more of a headline than City 'winning' another title with a squad depth most clubs would dream of.

It really isn't a competition as much as Sky likes to paint it.

We all knew City would reel Arsenal in, and Arsenal would stumble. I think until Pep gets bored and decides to f off, nothing will change.
City will continue winning long after Pep leaves if they are allowed to keep on cheating. Pep has changed their culture but he isnt the difference between the other teams.

Arsenal bottling it is a big story because they were 8 points clear at one point. It’s nothing like Liverpool getting 97 points and still not winning it.