The RedCafe Boxing Thread

lilcurt

Wilder was the world champion you idiot he give Fury the first fight.

Fury been talking all sorts about his wife and how he’s going to put him in the infirmary.
Idiot... Wow your a big man aren't you.

Wilder was a world champion that fought nobody of substance. He lost the first first 100% but the judges marked it as a draw.

The second fight he lost fairly and made excuses about being tired due to wearing his costume to the ring. He also was t happy with Fury's gloves despite them being checked by his own team before the fight. He then sacked his trainer for throwing in the towel when it was overdue.

So yes, I know he was the champion in the first fight but as I said, technically Wilder doesn't belong in the same ring and the payday he has made from fights 2 and 3 he should be thanking Fury for.

I don't really care what Fury said. They are going to war in one of the most vicious sports on the planet, words are said before the fight for publicity and to garner PPV buys, all fighters know that and Wilder hasn't been the most respectful himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Love Fury, great performance

My worry is that he won’t be able to get motivated for his next fight
Fury seemed kind of lost and distant in the post-fight interviews.
Now that AJ has lost, will Fury have the same fire in his belly when he ever does he get to fight him? We know he’s had motivational/mental issues in the past — prior to today, it’s been a running gag that he has as many title defences as you and I. It is a slight concern, isn’t it?

Deery

Dreary
That Fury has perfectly justifiable reasons for being a prick to Wilder. He’s beaten him fairly 3 times now. Been accused of cheating by him. Wilder said he wanted a body on his record before fighting Fury. Loads of shit. After the fight Fury went over to see Wilder and congratulate him and Wilder told him to feck off. He’s a moron but you do you.
If they genuinely don’t like each other and Fury has been a prick to him which you agree on I don’t see why not wanting to sake hands discredits him for putting on a show and shipping a hell of a lot of punishment for our entertainment.

What he said about wanting a body was bang out of order though.

Deery

Dreary
Idiot... Wow your a big man aren't you.

Wilder was a world champion that fought nobody of substance. He lost the first first 100% but the judges marked it as a draw.

The second fight he lost fairly and made excuses about being tired due to wearing his costume to the ring. He also was t happy with Fury's gloves despite them being checked by his own team before the fight. He then sacked his trainer for throwing in the towel when it was overdue.

So yes, I know he was the champion in the first fight but as I said, technically Wilder doesn't belong in the same ring and the payday he has made from fights 2 and 3 he should be thanking Fury for.

I don't really care what Fury said. They are going to war in one of the most vicious sports on the planet, words are said before the fight for publicity and to garner PPV buys, all fighters know that and Wilder hasn't been the most respectful himself.
That’s not true at all Wilder got offered about £40m to fight Joshua he was the world champion and was the big draw at the time, Fury was out of the game for a few years and overweight if anything Wilder give Fury the break.

I don’t want to be on here sounding like I’m a Wilder fan but I can see why he didn’t want to shake his hand. Even Fury apologised for the way he spoke after the weigh in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s more because at the end of the day, it is a sport and it’s each other’s lives they’re playing with here. Everyone shakes hands after a fight. I can’t think of many off the top of my head where nobody hasn’t. Only one that came to mind is Mayweather/Ortiz, and that’s because one headbutted the guy and the other knocked the other out with extreme sneak tactics.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If they genuinely don’t like each other and Fury has been a prick to him which you agree on I don’t see why not wanting to sake hands discredits him for putting on a show and shipping a hell of a lot of punishment for our entertainment.

What he said about wanting a body was bang out of order though.
It is boxing. Part of the schtick surrounding it is to build up a fight by being a prick to your opponent. Not shaking hands after or acknowledging it is being a poor sport and shows you’re not really that great of a guy. As much of a prick Fury is in the build up I think he’s quite humble and respectful overall to his opponents when needed, I’ve not seen that with Wilder.

Deery

Dreary
It is boxing. Part of the schtick surrounding it is to build up a fight by being a prick to your opponent. Not shaking hands after or acknowledging it is being a poor sport and shows you’re not really that great of a guy. As much of a prick Fury is in the build up I think he’s quite humble and respectful overall to his opponents when needed, I’ve not seen that with Wilder.
Fury winds them up to the back teeth but he does be gracious after the fight you’re right there. It seems Deontay has an attitude problem but I thought he showed enough in the fight to warrant a little respect at least.

lilcurt

That’s not true at all Wilder got offered about £40m to fight Joshua he was the world champion and was the big draw at the time, Fury was out of the game for a few years and overweight if anything Wilder give Fury the break.

I don’t want to be on here sounding like I’m a Wilder fan but I can see why he didn’t want to shake his hand. Even Fury apologised for the way he spoke after the weigh in.
It is fight 2 and 3 which made the money. I'm not disputing about fight one. But when you look at the trilogy my point is Wilder should be grateful for Fury because technically they aren't close enough to eachother to warrant a trilogy series, it only happened because of the bad judging in the first fight and the the hype and contractual arrangement between the 2nd and 3rd.

Without Fury being Fury before the fights I don't think the third fight would have had that big an interest. I don't know anyone in the sport or fans who actually thought Wilder could take Fury in the final fight.

With that being said, I think respect should always be shown after the bout. That is now all three fights where Wilder has been a bad loser, it would make me want to cuss him too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fury winds them up to the back teeth but he does be gracious after the fight you’re right there. It seems Deontay has an attitude problem but I thought he showed enough in the fight to warrant a little respect at least.
I respect his heart in the ring and his desire to never give up but I don’t really respect him as a person.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Now that AJ has lost, will Fury have the same fire in his belly when he ever does he get to fight him? We know he’s had motivational/mental issues in the past — prior to today, it’s been a running gag that he has as many title defences as you and I. It is a slight concern, isn’t it?
Yeah, I'm wondering where Fury goes from here, nobody to fight really, I reckon Whyte would put up more of a fight than Joshua.

Yeah, I'm wondering where Fury goes from here, nobody to fight really
Well obviously there is, a unification bout. Fury hasn’t fought anyone with any actual boxing skills since Wlad, and how fecking long ago was that?
Whyte, Usyk, AJ are all interesting fights.

Too many people having their opinions warped by 3 fights against a guy he’s clearly been far superior to since round 1 in 2018. And that was after being out of the ring for feck knows how long.

There’s plenty for Fury to do to cement a legacy.

Deery

Dreary
It is fight 2 and 3 which made the money. I'm not disputing about fight one. But when you look at the trilogy my point is Wilder should be grateful for Fury because technically they aren't close enough to eachother to warrant a trilogy series, it only happened because of the bad judging in the first fight and the the hype and contractual arrangement between the 2nd and 3rd.

Without Fury being Fury before the fights I don't think the third fight would have had that big an interest. I don't know anyone in the sport or fans who actually thought Wilder could take Fury in the final fight.

With that being said, I think respect should always be shown after the bout. That is now all three fights where Wilder has been a bad loser, it would make me want to cuss him too.
Wilder dropped Fury last night I think he had as much of a chance as anyone to take him out early rounds, he always had a punchers chance but the longer the fight went on the more likely a Fury win.

I didn’t think there was much need for a third fight but it was signed in the contract and Wilder played his part in it so I don’t think he has to be grateful to Fury at all.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I beg to differ
congrats to Fury! He managed to (just) dodge the bullet again. He's now rightly the number one HW in the world!

However, I still maintain that a fight between him and joshua is close. If it turns out to be easy for Fury I'll eat humble pie.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Well obviously there is, a unification bout. Fury hasn’t fought anyone with any actual boxing skills since Wlad, and how fecking long ago was that?
Whyte, Usyk, AJ are all interesting fights.

Too many people having their opinions warped by 3 fights against a guy he’s clearly been far superior to since round 1 in 2018. And that was after being out of the ring for feck knows how long.

There’s plenty for Fury to do to cement a legacy.
Well said!

No one left to fight?! He's still got most of the top 10 left to fight! Wilder is his only decent name in years.

I should add that I feel Usyk is an easier fight for Fury than Joshua.

Either fight, will arguably be the best win of his career though. Only Klitschko comes close

Red_toad

Yeah he thought Fury would be a walk in the park in the first fight and wanted a name to put on legacy. But Fury beat him 3 times and took his best shots multiple times. Wilder is brash and loud, he didn't like it when he encountered a real character who gave as good as he got and bettered him both and out of the ring. The shame of being knocked out by pillow hands was too much for him :lol:

Deery

Dreary
Yeah he thought Fury would be a walk in the park in the first fight and wanted a name to put on legacy. But Fury beat him 3 times and took his best shots multiple times. Wilder is brash and loud, he didn't like it when he encountered a real character who gave as good as he got and bettered him both and out of the ring. The shame of being knocked out by pillow hands was too much for him :lol:
In hindsight he’s probably regretting not taking the Joshua fight now, never underestimate the Gypsy King!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It is true that pre-match trash talk is part of the game and you should let it go once it is over. However, things sometimes go too far with Wilder just taking a possible career ending beating after he gave it all. Who the feck cares, it was great entertainment and credit to both fighters.

Well said!

No one left to fight?! He's still got most of the top 10 left to fight! Wilder is his only decent name in years.

I should add that I feel Usyk is an easier fight for Fury than Joshua.

Either fight, will arguably be the best win of his career though. Only Klitschko comes close
“No one left to fight” is one of the silliest comments I’ve heard in a long time. I mean what have we learnt since 2015 with Fury? Well we’ve learnt that Fury is clearly miles better than a dog shit one punch boxer and that Fury can take a punch, nothing else.

Yet beating that dog shit boxer 3 times now means he has no one left to fight? What the holy feck. Let’s forget the rest of the top 10 exist because Fury battered this utter waster 3 times.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah, I'm wondering where Fury goes from here, nobody to fight really, I reckon Whyte would put up more of a fight than Joshua.
Nobody to fight? Beating up Wilder 3 times doesn't clean up the division. He needs to fight Uysk and he needs to fight Joshua. He shouldn't have any difficulty getting it up for his long time rival and the man that currently holds the majority of the belts. Wilder has also put him down 3 times now, that should be concerning, when you consider Wilder's, shall we say, modest boxing skills.

The Hilton

Needs more than just a single solitary belt first.
How about all the others he won from Klitschko and never lost?

Fury was very sloppy, bit worried about that. If I'm Usyk I'm looking at that and thinking I'm two fights away from becoming the GOAT.
The GOAT? That's just ridiculous. Besides, even this sloppy Fury would walk through Usyk, who doesn't have anywhere near the power that Wilder does.

Deery

Dreary
Usyk, Whyte and Joshua have to be the three names in the hat now, I think Whyte is the mandatory now so will probably be him then the winner of Usyk v Joshua rematch still a lot of boxing to be done yet..

Spoony

The People's President
Fury ought to call it quits, he'd smoke Joshua and is far too big for Usyk. I suspect he'd have lot of hunger as well. It's a shame Joshua is Bruno-lite.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Fury ought to call it quits, he'd smoke Joshua and is far too big for Usyk. I suspect he'd have lot of hunger as well. It's a shame Joshua is Bruno-lite.
Why would you call it quits, now?! So much legacy and $ to fight for...

Deery

Dreary
Hell no! He needs to go for the unification fight then a couple of bums then retire still a lot he can do…

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Apparently he's not driven by money. Who's left out there though?
Joshua, Usyk? Even Whyte. Fury is not even undisputed champion! How could you want more motivation than that? The man has been so inactive. There is so much to do.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Kronk style Fury is a lot easier to hit, but determining whether that was the contempt for his opponent driving him towards headhunting is hard to tell.

If he takes on his mandatory, I wonder if he'll try and outbox him or just go to war again. I felt Fury gave Wilder inlets he absolutely didn't have to and put himself in harm's way far more than was necessary. Made for an entertaining fight, but he could've been counted out early for it... that slow, broken count... didn't it amount to ten in actual, count real time?

There's obviously two big fights for Fury: one for the general public, and the other to unify all of the belts and cement a legacy for the winner; I have no idea how Usyk can do anything against Fury who will absolutely smother him and use his massive weight advantage and chin to snuff out the technical skills of the Ukrainian.

Whyte is a potential banana skin if he's going to go in there and just scrap with him because it's unnecessary risk for a fighter who could comfortably outscore him on the outside.

2022/23 should be the best years of boxing since the 90's for all the matchups due.

Spoony

The People's President
Hell no! He needs to go for the unification fight then a couple of bums then retire still a lot he can do…

Fair enough. He really is level above any other heavyweight...it's looking bear with out him. We'll see if he's got the drive.

Spoony

The People's President
Kronk style Fury is a lot easier to hit, but determining whether that was the contempt for his opponent driving him towards headhunting is hard to tell.

If he takes on his mandatory, I wonder if he'll try and outbox him or just go to war again. I felt Fury gave Wilder inlets he absolutely didn't have to and put himself in harm's way far more than was necessary. Made for an entertaining fight, but he could've been counted out early for it... that slow, broken count... didn't it amount to ten in actual, count real time?

There's obviously two big fights for Fury: one for the general public, and the other to unify all of the belts and cement a legacy for the winner; I have no idea how Usyk can do anything against Fury who will absolutely smother him and use his massive weight advantage and chin to snuff out the technical skills of the Ukrainian.

Whyte is a potential banana skin if he's going to go in their and just scrap with him because it's unnecessary risk for a fighter who could comfortably outscore him on the outside.

2022/23 should be the best years of boxing since the 90's for all the matchups due.

Looked to me that he he just wanted to KO Wilder, he's a much smarter boxer usually.

ivaldo

Why would he call it quits then. :confused:

Deery

Dreary
Fair enough. He really is level above any other heavyweight...it's looking bear with out him. We'll see if he's got the drive.
Same guy could retire tomorrow morning you never know with Fury.

ivaldo

My mistake really he still has to unify the title as has been pointed out to me. I was looking at the quality of opponents and his will to fight them.
No worries. Fury hasn't really begun yet. He's defended his belt once, and has only two names of any worth on his record, one of them being Wilder. Whyte, Joshua and Uysk should be a minimum. I think he'll be too big and crafty for Uysk, but stylistically Joshua would cause him problems.