The RedCafe Boxing Thread

IWat

Can't see Khan getting through 12. Any punch with any kind of venom to his head and he's wobbling.

LDUred

Khan getting walked down and not boxing well off the back foot.

Brook is dictating this.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Khan's famous glass chin has turned into steel

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That was just a vicious beat down for like 5 of the 6

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dominance. Ref maybe could’ve let it go a little longer but Khan was doing nothing.

LDUred

Khan is getting dismantled here. Just a matter of time.

All over. Totally agree with that stoppage. Nothing coming back from Amir.

Glorio

Ducked for years, finally went in, got outclassed by the better fighter

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You could tell Brook cared way more about who did it in the ring. Khan had a big mouth out of the ring but Brook let his boxing do the talking. Well in.

Zen

feck me, I was almost certain Brook would lose that by endlessly chasing the headshot and Khan going well against type and just refusing to go down than just getting him on a wild pot shot to the eye when Brook was fecked.

But fair play, they swung and had a bit of fun. Well worth me chasing up a Russian commentary link for, good fun :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You could tell Brook cared way more about who did it in the ring. Khan had a big mouth out of the ring but Brook let his boxing do the talking. Well in.
Yeah definitely, one took the fight because he wanted to fight; the other wanted the purse

Judas

Open to offers
I get the stoppage, it was only a matter of time till Brook took him out, but it could have dragged on for awhile longer with Khan just getting battered. Bloke was on bambi legs for most of the fight.

Abraxas

Khan looked shot to bits. Okay the lack of punch resistance is normal from him but he couldn't move, didn't even look that quick anymore, couldn't avoid anything - all hallmarks of a completely past it fighter.

Brook looked solid but hard to tell how he'll fare beyond this.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Okay fair enough. On second viewing Khan didn't even throw one punch in that last round.

Glorio

All that nonsense about being smooth during gloves are off counts for jack all. What you do in the ring is what counts and Brook owned Khan

Jam

At their peaks Khan takes this.

Khan is well past it, Brook has kept sharp and fair play he just bullied Khan tonight.

Dan_F

That was tough to watch. Amir waited far too long for the fight and has no business being in the ring any more. I really hope he retires.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Khan didn't throw a punch after he wobbled there, couldn't even hold on to Brook.

TheLiverBird

Brook looked like he meant business from his entrance

Khan never looked ready for this, he looked like doubt had crept in before he even got in the ring

great entertainment though from both

Judas

Open to offers
Khan was doing absolutely nothing, it was just a logical stoppage to stop Khan being turned into scrambled eggs. It was a sad performance from a past it fighter.

Abraxas

Khan is well past it, Brook has kept sharp and fair play he just bullied Khan tonight.
Not a chance. Brook was better in his own peak than he was tonight.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fair play to Khan for actually staying in his feet through that... That was surprising.

Seeing the end again, weird... Brook threw 3 punches against Khan's gloves? And that was enough?

lilcurt

Khan looked terrified from the walkout. He knows he has no business fighting now, won't be remember as a great, his legs and chin always let him down.

LDUred

Kell looked like he had been virtually living in the gym. He looked physically solid and conditioned for 12 rounds of boxing.

Khan just didn't look in shape for this fight and he got blown away.

It was so one-sided. Khan looked ok in R3 but I gave Brook that round because he hurt Amir at the end. There was no snap behind Amir's punches.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Brook clearly superior the last couple of rounds but khan was still defending himself. Stopped too soon imo
Defending in your shell and not throwing anything is a count to stopping a fight. He was getting battered.

I didn't see any difference between peak Khan or old Khan, the same traits are there. Brook is the better boxer, plain and simple. AND I'M A KHAN FAN!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely no need for a rematch. Dominated all fight.