The RedCafe Boxing Thread

zub2007

Mattysse is a weight division below so thats a no go Brook isn't a big enough name for Broner, well not yet. Should find out Brooks next opponent this week, they say its going to be a big name. Malignaggi is one name which is being thrown around, that would be easy win for Brook. Mosley another name been rumoured but he is a bit passed it now?

Ortiz maybe???

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah Johnny Nelson was saying it is a massive name - hope it isnt Malignaggi, agree that Brook would win that comfortably

Widnes

I get the feeling Brook will be fighting Sugar Shane Mosely next & if that does happen it should be a comfortable win at this stage in his career.

Widnes

I get the feeling Brook will be fighting Sugar Shane Mosely next & if that does happen it should be a comfortable win at this stage in his career.

StuCol

Chimp

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Only watched bits of it mate but you didn't miss much. Scott looked slick initially, then looked more and more hittable, then made a monumental cock up of beating the count after a knockdown he could easily have recovered from.

Basically Scott's another also-ran, and Chisora is still mediocre but passes for a gatekeeper at heavyweight these days!

Widnes

Yeah I wasn't overly bothered by it but since I was only playing on the PS3 I would have watched it if I remembered, was checking sky sports to see if there was any Saturday fight night but always forget about Boxnation.

Widnes

true, I am excited for the Mayweather card now after hearing Garcia/Matthyse will be on the undercard. I was quite surprised as the yanks often fill their undercards with some dire fights.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
true, I am excited for the Mayweather card now after hearing Garcia/Matthyse will be on the undercard. I was quite surprised as the yanks often fill their undercards with some dire fights.
:eek:

Christ! Garcia/Matthyse by itself is enough for me to plan my whole weekend around! I hadn't realised it had been added to the Floyd-Alvarez card. If you haven't already you should read Four Kings by George Kimball...great book but more pertinently some of the undercards he listed made my eyes bleed they were that good. If UFC does actually influence boxing promotion I'd hope it leads to more big fights with a noteworthy undercard.

Widnes

Don't know much about UFC as I've never really got into it but think the biggest issue in boxing is the egos and people think they are too big for undercards once they reach a certain level and feel they should always headline. Tyson/Fury should be decent as well as I believe Scott Quigg should be having a world title fight on the undercard.

Widnes

So what does everyone think of Froch V Groves? I think Froch still has to much for groves and will be pressure him early like he did v Bute and force a stoppage.

I'm also hoping this will be at the MEN no reason why Froch should take it to the O2 when fighting a Londoner and if it is big enough fight for a neutral venue and if that is the case then Manchester seems the best choice.

Leg-End

A big British fight thats genuinely interesting.

If Froch maintains the level shown in his last few fights I wouldn't bet against him. I think if you talk about an ideal fight between these two it would be Froch as he is now and Groves in 2-3 years, might come a bit too soon for Groves I think. The biggest thing is Froch's ability to absorb hits and keep walking forward, he's a machine at that and I wonder if Groves is ready for that.

Until Froch comes down from that level I can't see anyone but elite finished articles beating him at 168 and right now thats only Ward. Great fight for British boxing though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I used to be a fan of Groves but ever since he defeated Degale, he seems to have become an arrogant prick. I hope Froch teaches him a lesson

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm not sure how anybody could describe Groves as arrogant, he's probably one of the most humble boxers you will ever meet.
have you read some of the crap he's been saying over the last year or two. Seems very out of character.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
have you read some of the crap he's been saying over the last year or two. Seems very out of character.

I've not read anything that I wouldn't expect from a semi-confident boxer who has faith in his own ability. I also haven't read about him talking down his opponents which Is something I do consider to be arrogant.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I've not read anything that I wouldn't expect from a semi-confident boxer who has faith in his own ability. I also haven't read about him talking down his opponents which Is something I do consider to be arrogant.
His recent comment on Froch was quite out of character I thought. But you are right, I guess a confident boxer shouldn't be TOO humble as they do need to play mind games I suppose. It's just quite different to MMA fighters who tend to be more respectful on the whole.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Wilder still looks a little wild at times - for want of a better word - to really be more than a good but not very good boxer. Impressive KO though and his KO record looks insane. Although its got a lot to do with his opponents you can also kinda see why because when he does land its full force.

Widnes

Should be a good night of boxing tonight, Cleverly and then Barker for the world title.

Widnes

Well never been a big fan of Cleverly and I think he was exposed there tonight, young enough to come back and credit to him if his country man Calzaghe was fighting his career now I am not sure he would have took the fight.

Widnes

What a fight that was, delighted for Darren Barker to finally become a world champion. Surprised nobody been talking about it because it was a hell of a battle.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Just watched the Barker fight, absolute war and Barker had to dig so deep. Top class performance and completely deserves to be world champion

Leg-End

I heard he was critical on the JRE. Sad, RIP.

One of my earliest memories of boxing was watching his fight vs Mercer on an old taped VCR my Dad kept, still one of the most brutal KO's in memory.