The RedCafe Boxing Thread

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
We'll only claim him as being Irish if he wins, we'll say he came from a shower of Connemara immigrants or something. If he loses he's 100% Mexican.
:lol:
Yeah Mayweather still turning away, elbows up as usual in defence. Only way is a big punch I reckon. Not enough getting through, he's like an eel.
Not to mention the fact that, so far, he's punched the absolute cnut off his opponent.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
All over, Canelo looks to be a good fighter but unfortunately for him he's a country mile away from Mayweather whom controlled the operation from start to finish. Overall it was a disappointing enough fight for the biggest ever pay for view.

Claymore

All over, Canelo looks to be a good fighter but unfortunately for him he's a country mile away from Mayweather whom controlled the operation from start to finish. Overall it was a disappointing enough fight for the biggest ever pay for view.

Yeah it was a bit shit really, wish I'd stayed in bed!!! To be fair he went the distance and did chase him all fight but doesn't everybody. The woman ref who scored it a draw must have been on lsd.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Who cares if Mayweather would get 'owned' in the street? Only dickheads fight in the street. Mayweather will go down in sporting history and got paid $41m last night. He certainly seems smarter than Billy Blaggs.

It was always going to be a Mayweather shutout. Canelo is a good fighter but he lacks the hand and foot speed to trouble Mayweather. I tuned in hoping to see Canelo catch him with that one shot that would put Mayweather down. I think that is why a lot of people watch Mayweather. It certainly isn't for the entertainment. There is a lot to admire it his timing and defensive abilities but as Jim Lampley says, Mayweather can suck the drama out of any bout.

Bizzare scoring from the female judge BTW!

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I met Holifield in Tampa about five years ago. He said Tyson would kill him and Lewis on the street but boxing evened it out.
Minus the ears of course(I don't have the balls to ask him about that). Of the time line is off..well I'm drinking

Billy Blaggs

I'm not saying that. But he seemed to have more respect for the ones that could do it both. Like they were better for some reason
Who cares if Mayweather would get 'owned' in the street? Only dickheads fight in the street. Mayweather will go down in sporting history and got paid $41m last night. He certainly seems smarter than Billy Blaggs.

It was always going to be a Mayweather shutout. Canelo is a good fighter but he lacks the hand and foot speed to trouble Mayweather. I tuned in hoping to see Canelo catch him with that one shot that would put Mayweather down. I think that is why a lot of people watch Mayweather. It certainly isn't for the entertainment. There is a lot to admire it his timing and defensive abilities but as Jim Lampley says, Mayweather can suck the drama out of any bout.

Bizzare scoring from the female judge BTW!

Billy Blaggs

It was always going to be a Mayweather shutout. Canelo is a good fighter but he lacks the hand and foot speed to trouble Mayweather. I tuned in hoping to see Canelo catch him with that one shot that would put Mayweather down. I think that is why a lot of people watch Mayweather.

This is why it matters to the best. When you get to the top then you want to be a legend.

JP77

C.J Ross is a joke (obviously not the first time this shit has happened with her though). Probably also explains the massive odds turning around late last night for a draw, they went from 32/1 to 8/1, a massive turnaround. Quite obviously something fishy going on there.

Canelo has nothing to be embrassed about. Put on a good showing but came up against the P4P best boxer in the world.

Leg-End

CJ Ross is just part of a wider problem as to why I can't take boxing seriously anymore, I mean bad judges and corruption have been around since forever but in this day and age it shouldn't be happening anymore. Clean up your shit, specifically Nevada State Athletic Commission.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
And it is people like you that post crap and have no argument to back it up!

You already beat me to posting crap with your opinion, in case you need directions you are in a boxing thread not a bare knock brawling thread. As for why your opinion is still both stupid and irrelevant as far as a sport like boxing goes lets address that seeing as you are so willing to make stupid baseless statements:

1. Its very easy to make stupid statements like the one you made as there is no way to conclusively prove or disprove what you just said.

2. The little evidence we have is still not in your favor as boxing is a discipline that actually translates very well to street fighting in terms of the fact that a boxer when facing an ordinary Joe off the street (e.g you) should have superior hand speed, superior reflexes, be able to use his hands better to shield himself from some punishment, be a naturally harder puncher and also be naturally better conditioned so won't be gassed after 3 mins. As far as the above factors go this would give him a significant advantage when facing the large majority of the world's population.

3. In a street fight between you and Mayweather I'm pretty confident he'd put you in hospital, I've never met you, I have no scientific evidence to back that up but in the absence of both of the aforementioned factors I can only use blind logic and chose to go with the guy who hits people for a living. So unless you are in a similar profession or can offer evidence to the contrary then I think we can only go on the basics of what we know.

4. If Mayweather had a black belt in krav maga (if such levels exist) neither you or I would have the foggiest idea as we only get to follow his life in the context of boxing with occasional planned glimpses into his lifestyle, so again your statement has about as much factual basis as "who'd win in a fight, Thor or Iron man?" and even Avengers assemble didn't answer that fictionally based question conclusively.

5. This is a boxing thread.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
2012, June 9 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley for the WBO Welterweight Title. Ross, along with Duane Ford and Jerry Roth, received heavy criticism for their scoring, as many thought Pacquiao cruised. Scores: Duane Ford 113-115, C.J. Ross 113-115, Jerry Roth 115-113.

2011, Nov. 12 - Juan Carlos Burgos vs. Luis Cruz for the WBC Silver and WBO Latino Super Featherweight Titles - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout heavily in favor of Burgos, instead seeing it as a draw. Scores: Duane Ford 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95, Richard Ocasio 97-93.

2011, Aug. 13 - Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares (1st meeting) for the WBC Silver and IBF Bantamweight Titles. Ross was the only judge not scoring Mares as the winner, instead seeing that bout as a draw. Scores: Adalaide Byrd 111-115, C.J. Ross 113-113, Oren Shellenberger 111-115.

2011, July 23 - Josiah Judah vs. Rafael Jastrzebski - Ross was the only judge not scoring in favor of Judah. She instead had the bout a draw. Scores: Richard Ocasio 59-55, Jerry Roth 58-56, C.J. Ross 57-57.

2011, May 7 - Rodel Mayol vs. Javier Gallo - Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout handily in favor of Mayol, insteading seeing it as a draw. Scores: Jerry Roth 98-92, Lisa Giampa 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2009, July 3 - Rodrigo Romero vs. David Springer (1st meeting) - Ross was the only judge to score the bout in favor of Springer. Scores: Glenn Trowbridge 39-37, Richard Ocasio 39-37, C.J. Ross 37-39.

2008, Feb. 7 - Kendall Holt vs. Ben Tackie - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout handily in favor of Holt, instead scoring the bout as a draw. Scores: Richard Houck 98-92, Paul Smith 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2007, July 28 - Don Juan Futrell vs. Hector Camacho Jr. - Ross was the only judge not to score the bout in favor of Futrell. Scores: Robert Hoyle 76-75, Dave Moretti 76-75, C.J. Ross 75-76.

2005, June 10 - Gerardo Cesar Prieto vs. Lamar Horne - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout in favor of Prieto. Scores: Bill Graham 57-56, Al Lefkowitz 57-56, C.J. Ross 56-57.

2002, July 13 - Kevin Kelley vs. Humberto Soto for the NABA Super Featherweight Title. Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout in favor of Kelley, instead having it as a draw. Scores: Carol Castellano 116-112, Paul Smith 115-113, C.J. Ross 114-114.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
You already beat me to posting crap with your opinion, in case you need directions you are in a boxing thread not a bare knock brawling thread. As for why your opinion is still both stupid and irrelevant as far as a sport like boxing goes lets address that seeing as you are so willing to make stupid baseless statements:

1. Its very easy to make stupid statements like the one you made as there is no way to conclusively prove or disprove what you just said.

2. The little evidence we have is still not in your favor as boxing is a discipline that actually translated very well to street fighting in terms of the fact that a boxer when facing an ordinary Joe off the street (e.g you) should have superior hand speed, superior reflexes, be able to use his hands better to shield himself from some punishment, be a naturally harder puncher and also be naturally better conditioned so won't be gassed after 3 mins. As far as the above factors go this would give him a significant advantage when facing the large majority of the worlds population.

3. In a street fight between you and Mayweather I'm pretty confident he'd put you in hospital, I've never met you, I have no scientific evidence to back that up but in the absence of both of the aforementioned factors I can only use blind logic and chose to go with the guy who hits people for a living. So unless you are in a similar profession or can offer evidence to the contrary then I think we can only go on the basics of what we know.

4. If Mayweather had a black belt in krav maga (if such levels exist) neither you are I would have the foggiest idea as we only get to follow his life in the context of boxing with occasional planned glimpses into his lifestyle, so again your statement has about as much factual basis as "who'd win in a fight, Thor or Iron man?" and even Avengers assemble didn't answer that fictionally based question conclusively.

5. This is a boxing thread.
That's all well and good but he can't stop a double leg.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Alvarez is a top level boxer, one of the best out there and Mayweather made him look like a novice.

Q80

Take nothing away from Canelo, that kid can fight, and hes proved it time and time again.

The difference is when you come up against a fighter that can nullify your every single punch, well.. Thats just genius.

Defence isnt as easy as Mayweather makes it look, many a defensive boxer got knocked the feck out because they got found out.

But at 45-0 and still not being found out, what a champ, even though he is a cnut.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
2012, June 9 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley for the WBO Welterweight Title. Ross, along with Duane Ford and Jerry Roth, received heavy criticism for their scoring, as many thought Pacquiao cruised. Scores: Duane Ford 113-115, C.J. Ross 113-115, Jerry Roth 115-113.

2011, Nov. 12 - Juan Carlos Burgos vs. Luis Cruz for the WBC Silver and WBO Latino Super Featherweight Titles - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout heavily in favor of Burgos, instead seeing it as a draw. Scores: Duane Ford 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95, Richard Ocasio 97-93.

2011, Aug. 13 - Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares (1st meeting) for the WBC Silver and IBF Bantamweight Titles. Ross was the only judge not scoring Mares as the winner, instead seeing that bout as a draw. Scores: Adalaide Byrd 111-115, C.J. Ross 113-113, Oren Shellenberger 111-115.

2011, July 23 - Josiah Judah vs. Rafael Jastrzebski - Ross was the only judge not scoring in favor of Judah. She instead had the bout a draw. Scores: Richard Ocasio 59-55, Jerry Roth 58-56, C.J. Ross 57-57.

2011, May 7 - Rodel Mayol vs. Javier Gallo - Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout handily in favor of Mayol, insteading seeing it as a draw. Scores: Jerry Roth 98-92, Lisa Giampa 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2009, July 3 - Rodrigo Romero vs. David Springer (1st meeting) - Ross was the only judge to score the bout in favor of Springer. Scores: Glenn Trowbridge 39-37, Richard Ocasio 39-37, C.J. Ross 37-39.

2008, Feb. 7 - Kendall Holt vs. Ben Tackie - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout handily in favor of Holt, instead scoring the bout as a draw. Scores: Richard Houck 98-92, Paul Smith 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2007, July 28 - Don Juan Futrell vs. Hector Camacho Jr. - Ross was the only judge not to score the bout in favor of Futrell. Scores: Robert Hoyle 76-75, Dave Moretti 76-75, C.J. Ross 75-76.

2005, June 10 - Gerardo Cesar Prieto vs. Lamar Horne - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout in favor of Prieto. Scores: Bill Graham 57-56, Al Lefkowitz 57-56, C.J. Ross 56-57.

2002, July 13 - Kevin Kelley vs. Humberto Soto for the NABA Super Featherweight Title. Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout in favor of Kelley, instead having it as a draw. Scores: Carol Castellano 116-112, Paul Smith 115-113, C.J. Ross 114-114.

You mean there are women who can't make up their mind:wenger:

Seriously though, if the choice of judge can move the betting odds you know something is wrong and the fact she gets getting bouts is crazy. Worth a punt on a draw though, I guess.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Who is left for Floyd now? Garcia for sure and the winner of Khan/Alexander are on the cards.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I will never understand why people think Khan is deserving of a fight against Mayweather. Floyd will just take the piss for 12 rounds against him.

Drifter

American
Mayweather is the perfect boxer. Nearly all the punches Alvarez threw caught him on the arm or shoulder and just picked him off with lightening hand speed and accuracy. Alvarez was made to look amateurish as he tried his best to get involved in a brawl . He's young and will come again, but this time he was outclassed by a boxer in every sense of the word .

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I will never understand why people think Khan is deserving of a fight against Mayweather. Floyd will just take the piss for 12 rounds against him.
If he beats Alexander it would be on the table, no question about it. Boxing is money world and Khan is a box office name, like it or not. People will be falling over themselves to pay to watch that one. Floyd has taken the piss against better fighters than Khan in the past.