The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Revan

Assumptionman
Think it was perfect stoppage. Wilder was fecked.
Thought that it was the referee who stopped it, later realized that it was Wilder's corner who threw the towel. Yes, it was the right decision.

TrustInOle

Utterly outclassed him! Corner made the right decision, Wilder was all over the place the last couple rounds. Fury...... wow, best I have seen him I think. No question now, AJ won't want any of that and I love him, but id be scared for him after that showing.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I would love for Joshua to lose against Wilder
Wilder just isn’t a very good boxer. A career of knocking out nobodies. Only two decent fighters he’s fought are an aged Ortiz, who out boxed him twice but ran out of steam. And Fury twice, who beat him the first time and was robbed of the victory - despite only just making a comeback from addiction - tonight, where he was completely destroyed. I mean, it wasn’t even close. He was demolished. Not in the same class. Joshua is much better than Wilder. Wilder’s always been a one punch myth. He doesn’t land that punch, he’s got nothing.

Joshua should avoid Fury right now, and fight Wilder next. Finish him off.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The only thing that can stop Fury is depression and his mental state. Said years ago in here it's a terrible matchup for Joshua, but it has to be made now.

£100m fight?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Surprisingly good singing voice on him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The only thing that can stop Fury is depression and his mental state. Said years ago in here it's a terrible matchup for Joshua, but it has to be made now.

£100m fight?
Lets hope he stays mentally healthy. Good interviews by both except for the singing :)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
It was going to go only one way, but the stopping was premature.
The stopping was mercy. Look at that last flurry. He took two more to the head, and a huge body shot. Was bleeding everywhere out his ear. Wasn’t throwing punches, had that blank distance stare. I’m glad they stopped it. We don’t need anyone getting seriously hurt.

Bojan11

Wilder just isn’t a very good boxer. A career of knocking out nobodies. Only two decent fighters he’s fought are an aged Ortiz, who out boxed him twice but ran out of steam. And Fury twice, who beat him the first time and was robbed of the victory - despite only just making a comeback from addiction - tonight, where he was completely destroyed. I mean, it wasn’t even close. He was demolished. Not in the same class. Joshua is much better than Wilder. Wilder’s always been a one punch myth. He doesn’t land that punch, he’s got nothing.

Joshua should avoid Fury right now, and fight Wilder next. Finish him off.
One punch myth or not, AJ got dismantled by a one punch guy not long ago. Then played chicken in the second fight when the guy was totally overweight and didn’t take the fight seriously. Wilder will take the fight seriously and be in shape.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The stopping was mercy. Look at that last flurry. He took two more to the head, and a huge body shot. Was bleeding everywhere out his ear. Wasn’t throwing punches, had that blank distance stare. I’m glad they stopped it. We don’t need anyone getting seriously hurt.
Was the right thing to do, he looked absolutely fecked.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fecking brilliant. I like all 3 (Wilder, Joshua and Fury) but it’s great to see the boxer prevail. Especially in the face of some awful refereeing and political screw jobs brewing.

A “Where were you when” moment.

Tyson Fury. What a guy.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
You're looking at the no.1 at Heavyweight, absolutely buzzing. I said this a few years ago and I bet there's no arguments now.
Probably. But a lot of people felt the same way after Joshua’s epic win over Klitschko. The heart in that fight was something else. Fury is a better fighter than Joshua, but it remains to be seen really how good Wilder is. He looked like the amateur many have proclaimed him to be, tonight. Looked completely lost.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What should Joshua do?

Come in light and try to be mobile, but then lose his power;

Come in heavy, slow, immobile with no stamina, but powerful;

Come in middling, bit of A and B?

It doesn't work whichever he chooses as he's not in the class of Fury as a boxer, I would say. He'll be chasing shadows all fight.