The RedCafe Boxing Thread

SuperiorXI

I really don’t understand how it’s deemed respectful. “Out of respect we’re going to cancel our commitments and feck with everyone’s schedule”. I’m sure the Queen would be proud as feck
I highly doubt the Queen would have wanted things to be disrupted in this way. Sure, a minutes silence, black armbands etc but cancelling the events? It's just pointless and causing logistical nightmares. What about the people who had arranged travel and hotels etc?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I highly doubt the Queen would have wanted things to be disrupted in this way. Sure, a minutes silence, black armbands etc but cancelling the events? It's just pointless and causing logistical nightmares. What about the people who had arranged travel and hotels etc?
And the effect it causes is resentment….completely fecks up the whole point of doing it

Fergies Formula

Yeah i think Golovkin has declined with age but canelo may also have started an early decline having just come off an uninspiring loss to bivol. Maybe the jumping between weight classes and long lasting pro careers has caught up with him. All great champions have 1 last great performance and part of me wants to believe GGG knows what he needs to do to winning and has been plotting for 4 years on how to execute this. He has still got the power.

JoaquinJoaquin

Fair play to Joshua, he has called Fury's bluff. As much as I think Fury would win, He has to take this fight now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wilder showed that Fury is susceptible to big punchers. I reckon Joshua can beat him but it's unlikely. I think Fury gets dropped but wins due to his better ability. I think Fury comfortably beats Usyk.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Won't be as comfortabe as Fury thinks. Joshua is no mug and potentially better than Wilder. His last performance was one of his best as well. Should be a great fight.

Castia

Won't be as comfortabe as Fury thinks. Joshua is no mug and potentially better than Wilder. His last performance was one of his best as well. Should be a great fight.
I think Fury wins comfortably. I’ve barely seen a decent Joshua fight since Klitchko in all honesty.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think Fury wins comfortably. I’ve barely seen a decent Joshua fight since Klitchko in all honesty.
,At their best I agree but Fury would be making a mistake thinking AJ is an easy fight. We saw in Joshua Ruiz and countless times before what happens when a champ gets too comfy and Tyson might just be getting there.

JoaquinJoaquin

Was he bluffing? Fury knows the game, he knows he can dispatch AJ fairly comfortably and he makes millions.
I think Fury never expected Joshua to agree to the terms, and then he would of had the whole 'Joshua ducked out' angle, which he would no doubt keep mentioning on social media. Fury will most likely win the fight, but Joshua literally has nothing to lose, and that is a dangerous position for Fury because he will have to be 100% on it.

JP77

There's no way Fury will underestimate Joshua. It's the biggest fight of his career and if he didn't underestimate Whyte and managed to motivate himself for that one, there's no question at all that he'll respect Joshua and be well up for this one. I don't think anybody has called his bluff, he's clearly wanted this fight for a long time but wasn't willing to be a lapdog and treated like shit in previous negotiations.

Can't write Joshua off at all. Think Fury wins but you never say never in boxing. I'm not sure I'd say Joshua has nothing to lose either, lose this fight and I don't really see a way back for him tbh and there's big question marks over Joshua mentally.

That all said, I'm still not believing this fight happens until I see them in the ring :lol:

SuperiorXI

Fair play to Joshua, he has called Fury's bluff. As much as I think Fury would win, He has to take this fight now.
I wouldn't call it a bluff. Fury wanted to fight him for a while, the only reason the last one got called off was because of the arbitration bullshit with Wilder in the US - that was a farcical thing.

I can't wait for this. Fury is going to take the dossers head off.

lose this fight and I don't really see a way back for him tbh and there's big question marks over Joshua mentally.
Even if he loses, he's only 32, still many years left in his career.

JoaquinJoaquin

There's no way Fury will underestimate Joshua. It's the biggest fight of his career and if he didn't underestimate Whyte and managed to motivate himself for that one, there's no question at all that he'll respect Joshua and be well up for this one. I don't think anybody has called his bluff, he's clearly wanted this fight for a long time but wasn't willing to be a lapdog and treated like shit in previous negotiations.

Can't write Joshua off at all. Think Fury wins but you never say never in boxing. I'm not sure I'd say Joshua has nothing to lose either, lose this fight and I don't really see a way back for him tbh and there's big question marks over Joshua mentally.

That all said, I'm still not believing this fight happens until I see them in the ring :lol:
See I don't agree with that. Joshua will easily still get fights with the likes of Whyte, Zhang and Hrgovic. Losing to Fury and Usyk just means he isn't at that top elite level. He can still be a good level boxer with those fights I mentioned and be the 'best of the rest'.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
See I don't agree with that. Joshua will easily still get fights with the likes of Whyte, Zhang and Hrgovic. Losing to Fury and Usyk just means he isn't at that top elite level. He can still be a good level boxer with those fights I mentioned and be the 'best of the rest'.
Not to mention Joshua vs Wilder is probably the best selling heavyweight fight to make.

poleglass red

I think Fury never expected Joshua to agree to the terms, and then he would of had the whole 'Joshua ducked out' angle, which he would no doubt keep mentioning on social media. Fury will most likely win the fight, but Joshua literally has nothing to lose, and that is a dangerous position for Fury because he will have to be 100% on it.
The opposite. When a champ offers a 60-40% split to a fighter coming off 2 loses, I think he's going out of his way to get Joshua to agree. Fury wanted a fight this year, Usyk is off the table until next year. Fury was well within his rights to offer much less generous terms to Joshua.
He beats Joshua this year and Usyk next year, he's beat the last 2 champs in a row, he likes legacies such as that.

JP77

I wouldn't call it a bluff. Fury wanted to fight him for a while, the only reason the last one got called off was because of the arbitration bullshit with Wilder in the US - that was a farcical thing.

I can't wait for this. Fury is going to take the dossers head off.

Even if he loses, he's only 32, still many years left in his career.
Oh I'm definitely not saying Joshua couldn't still get fights and still sell VERY well, that would be silly to say. I'm just not sure mentally that he would recover from losing back to back against Usyk and then being beaten by the guy that's been belittling him for years and years now. Where does he really go if he loses to Fury? What motivates him? I've no doubt he could fight the likes of Whyte etc but is that going to motivate him the same at that age as it was years and years ago when he was the top heavyweight? Of course there's a fight with Wilder which would be great to see but I'm not sure that's the wisest fight to be taking if he loses to Fury and is coming off of 3 losses.

He will always get fights, he's a huge name but I'm not convinced he can bounce back if he loses to Fury next, he definitely has a lot to lose with his back up against the wall after being the top heavyweight of the division for so long especially in a fight like this against a grudge opponent.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The Fury - Joshua discussion was had in here many moons ago when Joshua was top of the world and hadn't the losses to his name that have diminished his aura. The irony is, Joshua is a much better fighter now than he was and his approach to this fight much harder to determine.

Fury is still the best in the division until proven otherwise for me, but I don't think the fight is as easy for him now as would've been when Joshua was heavier, slower with much less of a tank and boxing know-how, but Fury has everything needed to clean out the division, let alone beat Joshua.

What's a shame is picking now to fight Joshua when his mental state is far from what it was. If they fight and Fury humliates him, it might be enough to send him on a negative spiral for good.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Bit quiet for GGG Canelo tonight in here

If I was a betting man, Canelo by late stoppage is a possibility in my eyes.

Baneofthegame

Don’t see how it’s anything but Canelo UD, potentially a late stoppage.

Ideally I’d like to see Canelo robbed on the cards as some sort of karmic justice for GGG.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Deserved to win the first, got rightly beaten in the second can he muster a win and go into retirement on the back of a win?

Deery

Dreary
Pressure fighter against a fighter coming off a loss, early days wouldn’t write off GGG..

Deery

Dreary
Today is the day all drug loving, ref cheating, weight draining, ginger cnuts, get humbled, come on GGG!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hoping for a GGG win after how badly he was robbed before. But fear that ginger cnut will win out, by fair or foul means.

Deery

Dreary
3 hours is a long haul too boys, don’t be surprised if I miss this..