The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Calling Joshua a fraud while Fury is out here fighting an MMA guy is a vibe, Joshua has a better CV than Fury and Wilder imo even though he's lost a few, he hasn't fought a bum like Chisora x3 in fact you take out Wilder and Wladimir who on Fury's record has any sort of credibility at the top level, I do think Fury beats Joshua but his record is terrible.
This. Fury is the biggest fraud going. The 3 Wilder fights although good to watch just stat padded his CV. He’s barely fought anyone else other than Wlad who was halfway decent.

Now he’s ducking Usyk and fighting an MMA guy. Probably announce another retirement straight after or maybe fail another drugs test.

lsd

The Oracle
Completely agree with this - it's a really weird claim to call out Joshua for ducking tough fights. You can question his ability as a top tier boxer, but you can't really question his CV compared to the other big names in the heavyweight scene.

It's really very easy to be honest. His record as champion was pretty horrible and he continually ducked Fury and Wilder.

Was so ironic he then got beaten taking what he thought were easier fights.

OverratedOpinion

It's really very easy to be honest. His record as champion was pretty horrible and he continually ducked Fury and Wilder.

Was so ironic he then got beaten taking what he thought were easier fights.
Of the two of them, I think it's pretty fair to take the view that Fury is the bigger hurdle in getting that fight made.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Imagine calling Joshua a fraud when furys out here ducking fights to face a 36 year old MMA fighter with no boxing experience for craic.

Glorio

Imagine calling Joshua a fraud when furys out here ducking fights to face a 36 year old MMA fighter with no boxing experience for craic.
It's so ironic. And just to labour how silly a fight this is for Fury, Jake Paul, a YouTuber has bested many ex-MMA fighters in a boxing ring. First time he came up against a poor part-time boxer, but a boxer nonetheless, he got beat.

It's no contest at all. I don't believe I've ever seen Fury take on a serious fighter when he has a belt - apart from the third fight with Wilder.

He's such a good boxer, but also such a ducker.
He ducked Klitchko for the rematch and literally left the sport; he's actively ducking Usyk, and gave AJ the run around a fair few times.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It’s telling how bad it’s got with Fury that only his utter one-eyed followers continue to give him credit for his behaviour.

There were bucketloads of boxing fans who by and large gave him the benefit of the doubt for years, but he’s gradually eroded them away with bullshit after bullshit, to the point where most boxing fans just want him to feck off into history now

lsd

The Oracle

It shouldn't be a contest over who the biggest fraud is that's the real problem.

Fury is guilty now of the same things Joshua was guilty of when he had the belts.

They are both as bad as each other

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It shouldn't be a contest over who the biggest fraud is that's the real problem.

Fury is guilty now of the same things Joshua was guilty of when he had the belts.

Fury is a hell of a lot worse, the shite he comes out with to avoid fights is farcical, especially seeing as he (legitimately) is a much better boxer than AJ

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
This. Fury is the biggest fraud going. The 3 Wilder fights although good to watch just stat padded his CV. He’s barely fought anyone else other than Wlad who was halfway decent.

Now he’s ducking Usyk and fighting an MMA guy. Probably announce another retirement straight after or maybe fail another drugs test.
Agree with this. Fury is supposedly a guy keenly aware of boxing history. If that's so, he's surely aware of how paper thin his resume looks when stacked up against past greats. He should be cleaning up in this era, instead he's agreeing to fight people that are not even boxers. Clown stuff.

OverratedOpinion

It's really not comparable.

AJ has never done something as embarassing as this Ngannou "fight". He fought his mandatories and his list of opponents looks like murderers row compared to Fury's.

lsd

The Oracle
It's really not comparable.

AJ has never done something as embarassing as this Ngannou "fight". He fought his mandatories and his list of opponents looks like murderers row compared to Fury's.

You say it shouldn't be a contest and all people want to do is say who is the biggest ducker :lol:

They are both as bad as each other neither deserve any credit for what they have done as champion.

It's criminal they haven't fought each other and they are both equally to blame for that.

We should have had at least two fights between them now probably three like Wilder and Fury yet we will be lucky to see one before they are 40.

OverratedOpinion

You say it shouldn't be a contest and all people want to do is say who is the biggest ducker :lol:

They are both as bad as each other neither deserve any credit for what they have done as champion
You're literally comparing them by saying this and it's incorrect.

OverratedOpinion

Do you think Joshua has ever ducked a fight? Yes or no
I have absolutely no idea but I think you feel that would be some type of "gotcha" point when it wouldn't.

Let's say for argument that Joshua ducked Wilder and Fury ducked Usyk. Say that's equal. Outside of that Joshua has chosen to take much harder fights than Fury and never tried to sell a fight with someone who's never boxed before.

Case on point they are not "as bad as each other" Fury is significantly worse which is even more galling when he is clearly the better fighter.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I have absolutely no idea but I think you feel that would be some type of "gotcha" point when it wouldn't.

Let's say for argument that Joshua ducked Wilder and Fury ducked Usyk. Say that's equal. Outside of that Joshua has chosen to take much harder fights than Fury and never tried to sell a fight with someone who's never boxed before.

Case on point they are not "as bad as each other" Fury is significantly worse which is even more galling when he is clearly the better fighter.
They both fought Wlad, their best opponent perhaps. Definitely AJs. Fury did it first though. Wilder for me is better than anything else AJ has faced, especially in terms of the danger of the fight and the risk involved, and Fury fought him 3 times. Everybody wanted AJ vs Wilder a few years ago, yet as soon as Fury schooled him he was suddenly average etc. Yet AJ wouldn't fight him at the time. You'll probably claim Wilder ducked AJ, but I don't see why Wilder would have ducked AJ when he fought the better fighter in Fury 3 times, getting beat up a couple of times. Besides AJ has pretty much admitted it because the $50m apparently didn't make sense.

OverratedOpinion

They both fought Wlad, their best opponent perhaps. Definitely AJs. Fury did it first though. Wilder for me is better than anything else AJ has faced, especially in terms of the danger of the fight and the risk involved, and Fury fought him 3 times. Everybody wanted AJ vs Wilder a few years ago, yet as soon as Fury schooled him he was suddenly average etc. Yet AJ wouldn't fight him at the time. You'll probably claim Wilder ducked AJ, but I don't see why Wilder would have ducked AJ when he fought the better fighter in Fury 3 times, getting beat up a couple of times. Besides AJ has pretty much admitted it because the $50m apparently didn't make sense.
I think Usyk is a more difficult fight than Wilder. Wilder is more dangerous but there are a lot more chances to win against him.

Did AJ duck Wilder or was it the other way around? I have no idea. All I would say is to your point of Wilder taking the Fury fight, he thought Fury was finished as did most people. That's why he took it. He fought him in the rematches because what else was he supposed to do?

To me if you look at Usyk and Wilder as about levelling out and then look at Wlad being on both it's pretty much tied.

Then look at the rest of their resumes and it's not even remotely close. Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker, Takam and Whyte.

I'm not saying it's a hall of fame worthy list as it certainly isn't but when you look at who Fury's fought it looks like a murderers row.

This fight against someone who's literally never boxed before is the cherry on the cake though. I was defending Fury on here years before her returned and getting pelters for it but this is just a step too far for me.

lsd

The Oracle
Yes I would agree with that. I do think it's more a case of Joshua's management team trying to protect him as they know he isn't as good as Fury that is to blame for the perception of him ducking fights.

Fury doesn't have that excuse really as there's no one he should be scared to face

pocco

loco
I think Usyk is a more difficult fight than Wilder. Wilder is more dangerous but there are a lot more chances to win against him.

Did AJ duck Wilder or was it the other way around? I have no idea. All I would say is to your point of Wilder taking the Fury fight, he thought Fury was finished as did most people. That's why he took it. He fought him in the rematches because what else was he supposed to do?

To me if you look at Usyk and Wilder as about levelling out and then look at Wlad being on both it's pretty much tied.

Then look at the rest of their resumes and it's not even remotely close. Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker, Takam and Whyte.

I'm not saying it's a hall of fame worthy list as it certainly isn't but when you look at who Fury's fought it looks like a murderers row.

This fight against someone who's literally never boxed before is the cherry on the cake though. I was defending Fury on here years before her returned and getting pelters for it but this is just a step too far for me.
Fair enough if you believe that. In my opinion AJ made a meal of some of those fights and made them look better than they were. Re Wilder, he shouldn't have believed he was washed up. I could see he wasn't, probably you could too. He'd already won two fights that year I believe, before the first fight.

Like you said, they're not the best resumes anyway. Not worth splitting hairs over, but that's largely down to a lack of quality at HW. For what it's worth, I think Fury will fight Usyk eventually, probably AJ too. But I don't blame him having a bit of fun and making money in the meantime because there's not a lot out there and he was frozen out when he was trying to make headway in the division, constantly dismissed by AJ etc years ago before he got his shot at Wlad and Wilder.

pocco

loco
Yes I would agree with that. I do think it's more a case of Joshua's management team trying to protect him as they know he isn't as good as Fury that is to blame for the perception of him ducking fights.

Fury doesn't have that excuse really as there's no one he should be scared to face
I honestly don't think he is scared if any of them. I think either they're ducking him or it's the usual bollocks surrounding money.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Love how many people seem to be offended that Fury is fighting Ngannou, I saw some weird talk show hosts from YouTube channels I'd never heard of completely lose their mind about the announcement. Boxing has been shite or years, not very often that you get two of the best in their weight class fighting each other in their true physical prime. Because there's always shitty politics, managers and organisations involved, to a point where it somewhat feels the sport is dying. Unlike the UFC, where a big part of the draw is that you very regularly have the best in their division fighting the best, creating a highly competitive scene, continually helping MMA rise in popularity.

Personally I don't mind Fury at all, and I've liked Ngannou as well, both phenomenal heavyweights in their sport. If they want to have a freaky exhibition match for crazy oil money, why not? I might even watch it. Francis deserves the pay-check, and Fury might not have the most impressive heavyweight resume, but in my opinion he's done more than enough in boxing to do whatever he pleases.

But I don't blame him having a bit of fun and making money in the meantime because there's not a lot out there and he was frozen out when he was trying to make headway in the division, constantly dismissed by AJ etc years ago before he got his shot at Wlad and Wilder.
That's pretty much how I feel.

SambaBoy

Another robbery in boxing with Kambosos getting the decision over Maxi Hughes despite clearly losing the fight.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Couple of World title fights on Sky starting now from Japan, Ramirez v Shimizu and Inoue v Fulton

sifi36

I've got Inoue in every round at the end of the 6th. Fulton is getting beaten to the exchanges everytime.

sifi36

Inoue is an absolute animal, as soon as he gets a sniff he goes for the finish. Utterly ruthless.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Inoue with a ridiculous performance. Complete dominance and a great finish. Probably one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen. P4P best, comfortably.

SambaBoy

Up there with one of the most impressive boxing performances I've seen. Spence and Crawford will have to put on an absolute show on Saturday to challenge for p4p status.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Inoue is an absolute animal, as soon as he gets a sniff he goes for the finish. Utterly ruthless.
Aye, it was unreal. Fulton was clearly losing every round but I actually thought he was handling Inoue's power quite well, until that happened. Safe to say that Inoue is carrying his power up to another division.

sifi36

Aye, it was unreal. Fulton was clearly losing every round but I actually thought he was handling Inoue's power quite well, until that happened. Safe to say that Inoue is carrying his power up to another division.
If he beats Tapales next, which I think he will, he’ll have cleaned up at both 118 and 122lb. What’s the limit for him? 126? 130? As great as he is, I think that’s probably the limit for his frame.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Inoue with a ridiculous performance. Complete dominance and a great finish. Probably one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen. P4P best, comfortably.
I turned down an FA Cup Final ticket to attend Inoue's fight in Glasgow a few years ago. I knew then that he was exceptional.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Inoue is brilliant. Probably my favourite right now