The Redcafe Decades Draft Tournament

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I strongly thought EDogen might go for him. He had a 60s position left at that time. Fair enough that he wanted Costacurta more but Cantona - Ronaldo up front with his midfield and defense would have been real tasty. Not that Sivori's a bad pick, obviously he's probably even better but considering this is a United forum, King Eric could have been a shrewd choice.
I reallyyy wanted to take Eric as sub, he wouldnt be able to play in this game because of the other decades, but dependant on upgrades if I got through I would have loved to take him for the next round.

Couldnt say no to CB reinforcement though, it was the safer pick but would have loved to have Eric

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Tough draw for Gio that is!

I think Cutch is probably the pick of the teams so far

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
So who are we surprised didn't make the cut?
There are a load of goalkeepers from the 50s, 60s and 70s who didn't make it, but I think that shows they were the strongest decades and outfield players were therefore prioritised. A lot of those 60s and 70s midfielders already named, as well as Gascoigne, Dunga, Gattuso and more attacking types such as Totti, Stojkovic, Brian Laudrup, Michel, Conti, Lato, Giresse, Simonsen and attackers such as Vieri, Crespo, Weah, Papin, Kempes, Seeler, Albert, Shearer and Suker.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Tough draw for Gio that is!

I think Cutch is probably the pick of the teams so far
Yeah I'd put Cutch at 60/40 favourite for this. Glad I prioritised defence against that front three, but Cutch has drafted very well.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Fergus v anto the pick of the ties for me!

Fergus has an immense team but anto has drafted solidly as well and is best when it comes to arguing his points and finding weaknesses in the oppo

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Damn. Possibly the most defensively sound fullback pairing in the draft to combat my wingers. Let's see how the rest of the team adjusts to take care of the fullbacks' crosses from deep though...plus Rivelino's no Maradona-esque #10 so Carrick Toure and big Dunc will be alright sharing the duties.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Certainly not the draw I would have preferred.

Cutch, your side looks :drool: I'd go for Silva-Breitner in a two behind Rivera with him staying deeper as he is. Potatoe-potato though.

Agree with Gio's assessment re: 50-60-70s leftovers. Muller stands out as an 80s non-pick. Maybe early days for him but some sides out there could use him TBH.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Getting some pre match heat on.

Jayvin, your momma is so fat that she can't jump to conclusions.