Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone got/getting the new Mario Strikers? I feel a Caf party up.
The advert for it was incredibly naive if it thinks people can get that many friends together and pay attention to a game.

Keefy18

Remasters are the bane of the industry. Low effort cash grabs in most cases.

There have been a few decent remakes but based on the GTA trilogy, Rockstar clearly have no desire to remake any of their games from the ground up.
Absolutely this!

I see so many gamers creaming themselves over this TLOU announcement and so many others in recent years, I refuse to cough up a 2nd time for a game because its visually improved.

I'd much prefer developers put the staff to working on new games.

Bobski

Have been giving Doom Eternal another chance after bouncing off it before and it has started to click with me. Exhausting game though, can only really play it in 30-45 min doses before being overwhelmed by it all. Weird game, like Doom crossed with Mario crossed with fecking Guitar Hero given the rhythm to the combat.

AaronRedDevil

Currently playing MW2 Remastered and when I died in the Gulag this quote popped up...

Ainu

After (finally) completing Horizon Forbidden West this weekend, I think I'm done with open-world games for a while again. I went for Salt and Sanctuary now which had been in my backlog for years.

It's a tired comparison, but this really is just straight up Dark Souls in 2D. The first hour was a struggle with the controls but once I dropped my equip rate and started two-handing a greatsword, it became pretty enjoyable. I think I'll stick with it.

Shame you can't remap the controls though, that should be a standard feature in every game. This is a six yeard old game though, so I guess I can forgive it that.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
After (finally) completing Horizon Forbidden West this weekend, I think I'm done with open-world games for a while again. I went for Salt and Sanctuary now which had been in my backlog for years.

It's a tired comparison, but this really is just straight up Dark Souls in 2D. The first hour was a struggle with the controls but once I dropped my equip rate and started two-handing a greatsword, it became pretty enjoyable. I think I'll stick with it.

Shame you can't remap the controls though, that should be a standard feature in every game. This is a six yeard old game though, so I guess I can forgive it that.
Great game and yes, it's clearly a 2D souls rip off. That being said, it's wonderfully done, I finished the game twice and had a great time with it.

Irwin99

Ow, the original Resident Evil Director's cut will be on The PS premium thingy. Who can forget that game's voice acting:

"Stop. Don't open. That. Door!"

I've got the World of Warcraft itch. I don't know what to do.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That new ALIENS game looks pretty poor and I still don't know what to make of Scorn. Feels like the concept gameplay has changed over time. Visually interesting world nonetheless.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Been a pretty mediocre event. The only game that screams "must buy" is Darktide, the more I hear about Diablo 4 the less keen I feel on it. I don't overly like open world games so it's not hitting the right notes for me.

Everything else has been average.

caid

Been a pretty mediocre event. The only game that screams "must buy" is Darktide, the more I hear about Diablo 4 the less keen I feel on it. I don't overly like open world games so it's not hitting the right notes for me.

Everything else has been average.
I think Diablo 4 is pretty much the only thing that did interest me. But its made by Blizzard and they seem to have turned to shit so i'm not optimistic despite that.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think Diablo 4 is pretty much the only thing that did interest me. But its made by Blizzard and they seem to have turned to shit so i'm not optimistic despite that.
Sad times, when Blizzard used to be a near guarantee for a quality game

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing Stanley Parable on the Switch. What a fun little game. I thought I got it after a couple minutes but it definitely has some depth. Funny too.

Ainu

Tales of Arise any good ?
Was wondering the same thing since it's currently 50% off or something on the PS store. There's a demo if you haven't played it. I wasn't convinced when I tried it, but it's sitting on an 87 metascore and user score, which usually indicates a great game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was wondering the same thing since it's currently 50% off or something on the PS store. There's a demo if you haven't played it. I wasn't convinced when I tried it, but it's sitting on an 87 metascore and user score, which usually indicates a great game.
Yeah I went for it, will start it in the next day or two!

Ainu

Great game and yes, it's clearly a 2D souls rip off. That being said, it's wonderfully done, I finished the game twice and had a great time with it.
I'm finding it hard to put down, around 12 hours in, level 59 and just made it past the Disembowled Husk, which was a pretty hardcore boss. The game does like the occasional bullshit trap or enemy placement and with the metroidvania elements it could really use some sort of map, but all in all I think it's awesome. I do think I'm playing easy mode with a 2H greatsword combined with fast rolling though. :lol:

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I'm finding it hard to put down, around 12 hours in, level 59 and just made it past the Disembowled Husk, which was a pretty hardcore boss. The game does like the occasional bullshit trap or enemy placement and with the metroidvania elements it could really use some sort of map, but all in all I think it's awesome. I do think I'm playing easy mode with a 2H greatsword combined with fast rolling though. :lol:
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Have you met the witch of the lake yet?

Ainu

Doesn't ring a bell, so I don't think so. I reached the Mire of Stench yesterday, which seems like the typical poisonous swamp area you'd find in a Dark Souls game.

AaronRedDevil

There’s a big sale on atm. And I’m wondering should I get the Yakuza Like a dragon game. I’ve already platinumed it but I really want to play it again. My friend has the game but he lost it the twat. I’m worried if I buy it it’ll end up on PSNow or he’ll find the game somewhere :lol:

Ainu

Finished it today. The Witch of the Lake was brutal, I couldn't believe the damage she was doing. Fun game but a little unbalanced at times. Shame the sequel isn't getting positive reviews and comments from what I checked.

Dan

Finished Sniper Elite 5 last night and it's pretty good but I was happy to be done with it.

Clocked in at about 25 hours. Half on hard and half on normal.
The one dlc level is pretty good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So having got some time with the Ps5 last few days since I'm down with Covid again:
  • Finished the remaining levels of Astro's Playroom. Wonderful game. The controller is a smashing bit of tech.
  • Moving towards the end of Lost Judgment at a snails pace. Been on it for months now. But I have enjoyed it, in an episodic TV series way. Also, it looks incredible on the PS5.
  • I have some time on the Ps5 for these 3-4 days of free isolation but I didn't want to play a new game that was graphically top notch as my big TV is at home and I'm out of town so I gave these two a go both of which I'd highly recommend
    • Pyre - I really enjoyed Bastian back in the day and Hades was a lot of fun but I never realized how highly rated Pyre was. Sort of passed me by this one. Got it in cheap recently and it's really excellent. So far it's my favourite SuperGiant game.
    • Death's Door- Just picked this up and spent a couple of hours on it. Loved every second.

caid

So having got some time with the Ps5 last few days since I'm down with Covid again:
  • Finished the remaining levels of Astro's Playroom. Wonderful game. The controller is a smashing bit of tech.
  • Moving towards the end of Lost Judgment at a snails pace. Been on it for months now. But I have enjoyed it, in an episodic TV series way. Also, it looks incredible on the PS5.
  • I have some time on the Ps5 for these 3-4 days of free isolation but I didn't want to play a new game that was graphically top notch as my big TV is at home and I'm out of town so I gave these two a go both of which I'd highly recommend
    • Pyre - I really enjoyed Bastian back in the day and Hades was a lot of fun but I never realized how highly rated Pyre was. Sort of passed me by this one. Got it in cheap recently and it's really excellent. So far it's my favourite SuperGiant game.
    • Death's Door- Just picked this up and spent a couple of hours on it. Loved every second.
I loved pyre too

caid

Played wasteland 2. Seemed a solid game but just bounced off it. Didn't grab me at all. I'd be playing the new xcom games for hundreds of hours beforehand so might have just been a bit of burnout from a similar game.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Discovered this today on a Mane post - "Some of the games in the Assasin‘s Creed franchise, mostly the ones starring Ezio Auditore, allowed you to to basically turn your small village into a town by using your earnings and putting money into the local businesses, as well as restoring monuments. "

What other games can you do the part in bold?

caid

Discovered this today on a Mane post - "Some of the games in the Assasin‘s Creed franchise, mostly the ones starring Ezio Auditore, allowed you to to basically turn your small village into a town by using your earnings and putting money into the local businesses, as well as restoring monuments. "

What other games can you do the part in bold?
I'd say its pretty common in one form or another. Your home base being upgraded over the course of the game is fairly standard fare these days no?