Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Apparently the new PS plus launched in India / Asia today? Can anyone confirm that?

amolbhatia50k

The Talos Principle is one of the best games I played last gen. Transistor is very aesthetically pleasing with a good story.
Sounds good. Talos Principle seems to have similarities with The Witness which was fantastic.

On Transistor I loved Braid but this seems really short (maybe Braid was too)

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Will an RDR remaster ever be made? Got the GTA trilogy and it's ok but RDR is the one I long for.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Aren't they busy with GTA 6.

I don't have any hopes for any RDR2 DLC either.
Given that they like to milk their cash-cows I had hoped they would be able and willing to do an RDR remaster. I mean we would all buy it wouldn't we?

amolbhatia50k

Given that they like to milk their cash-cows I had hoped they would be able and willing to do an RDR remaster. I mean we would all buy it wouldn't we?
Definitely wouldn't. Loved RDR moreso than RDR2 but I don't think I've ever bought a remaster of a game where I played the original.

Bosws87

Doesn't even need a remaster just slide up the settings on the console versions, the PC version at max settings still blows away 99.9% of games.

Nvm, talking about RDR the original, that could be given the treatment.

caid

Weren't the GTA remasters total dogshit? Why would you want more?
Not interested in remasters in general

b82REZ

Remasters are the bane of the industry. Low effort cash grabs in most cases.

There have been a few decent remakes but based on the GTA trilogy, Rockstar clearly have no desire to remake any of their games from the ground up.

RedDevilRoshi

I really like them. I bought Hitman 3 for the PS5 and love it. There is so much replayability to them – both from the levels themselves and different ways to achieve the objective, but also some of the extra missions you can play )set in the same level but with different objectives / targets).

Also, once you have bought Hitman 3, you can buy Hitman 1 and 2 and then play them with the same improved game engine from Hitman 3.

So would definitely recommend it!
Thanks. Yep, I just finished Hitman 1 at the weekend and working through Hitman 2 now before I start the 3rd game.

Definitely enjoying it so far.

Bosws87

That's excellent news feel like the game is made for the pc platform :D

amolbhatia50k

Aw man. I didn't realise the discount for The Forest was ending. The new deals are terrible :(

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Finished the Sniper Elite 5 campaign. At least, the main objectives anyway. Game is fun, but shorter than I thought it would be. Would recommend to everyone on GP but not at full price.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Finished Day of the Tentacle last night, which was good fun. Some obtuse puzzles here and there but that's to be expected - dentures and the horse springs to mind - but mostly plain sailing, which surprised me. The classic mode holds up very well and I liked it more than the "remastered" version.

If you want to know how I played it, I'll give you two letters.

G
P

Figure the rest out yourself :cool:

Balljy

I'm enjoying Jurassic World Evolution 2 more than I thought I would, it's a decent simulation, if a bit by numbers and is really good graphically. I think I'll get bored eventually, but it's worth a play.

The DLC's don't come as part of GP though.

amolbhatia50k

Tried two games which I'm liking so far

1) Prey Mooncrash. Wasn't sure of the concept but I really liked Prey and impressive Sims are my kinda games anyway.

2) Curse of the Dead Gods. It's very Hades like but enjoyable all the same. Not sure I'll complete this one but been a good few hours.

AaronRedDevil

Can't believe I've just platinum Death stranding directors cut. How bored was I to play a boring type game for 85hrs. What a grind. But it kept me engaged and I was determined to complete it. Look what this gen has done to me. Its dead so far

Irwin99

Can't believe I've just platinum Death stranding directors cut. How bored was I to play a boring type game for 85hrs. What a grind. But it kept me engaged and I was determined to complete it. Look what this gen has done to me. Its dead so far
I actually platinumed it twice, once on the PS4 and then the PS5 :nervous: I actually really liked it although I'm happy for it to be a one off game that leaves Kojima free to make something else. Rumour is he's making a horror game next and will use Norman Reedus again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't know how anyone can platinum Death Stranding. I loved the game but once the main story is over the game is done.
I have next to no interest in building roads, delivering Pizza's and trekking around the scenery, which as beautiful as it is, lacks real depth.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I don't know how anyone can platinum Death Stranding. I loved the game but once the main story is over the game is done.
I have next to no interest in building roads, delivering Pizza's and trekking around the scenery, which as beautiful as it is, lacks real depth.
I platinumed it and enjoyed doing so. But once I had done I had no intention ever to play it again

Building the roads for me was the best bit about the game

I suffer from pretty bad OCD so it just hit the right notes

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
For those that haven't played it, one of my favourite games from the last gen is being upgraded for current gen. I've been waiting for ages for this as the PS4 version doesn't work on my PS5.

The update is landing on June 23rd (allegedly) and if there are any sci fi fans out there that enjoy story driven games then I would recommend this, I can't wait to play it again.

Edit: I am now very excited to learn there will be a sequel ... Deliver us Mars

Happy days!

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

I actually platinumed it twice, once on the PS4 and then the PS5 :nervous: I actually really liked it although I'm happy for it to be a one off game that leaves Kojima free to make something else. Rumour is he's making a horror game next and will use Norman Reedus again.
Yeah I really liked it as a one off but I saw the director cut on the cheap so I bought it and decided to do everything. Now I hear there's a 2nd death stranding coming. Thought I was finally done. Hopefully it's a horror game. Really wanna see PT the game

AaronRedDevil

For those that haven't played it, one of my favourite games from the last gen is being upgraded for current gen. I've been waiting for ages for this as the PS4 version doesn't work on my PS5.

The update is landing on June 23rd (allegedly) and if there are any sci fi fans out there that enjoy story driven games then I would recommend this, I can't wait to play it again.

Edit: I am now very excited to learn there will be a sequel ... Deliver us Mars

Happy days!
Huh. Never tried this game. You've convinced me. I like sci fi and I'm looking for more story driven game. I'll definitely check it out

Volumiza

Huh. Never tried this game. You've convinced me. I like sci fi and I'm looking for more story driven game. I'll definitely check it out
Seems to have passed below most peoples radar, mine included and it really surprised me when i played it. Nothing groundbreaking going on but a really underrated (underdiscovered?) game. Not a triple A title by any means but very atmospheric nonetheless. I literally know no one personally who has played it, been trying to convince freinds to try it but no one has bitten :)

b82REZ

Nobody Saves the World is incredibly good. Having so much fun playing it coop with my missus, also has online coop.

Drink box haven't made a bad game, to my mind at least.

AaronRedDevil

Seems to have passed below most peoples radar, mine included and it really surprised me when i played it. Nothing groundbreaking going on but a really underrated (underdiscovered?) game. Not a triple A title by any means but very atmospheric nonetheless. I literally know no one personally who has played it, been trying to convince freinds to try it but no one has bitten :)
Tried to buy it but it turns out it isn't on ps5 till 23rd of June. Weirs the ps4 version isn't on it.

Volumiza

Tried to buy it but it turns out it isn't on ps5 till 23rd of June. Weirs the ps4 version isn't on it.
Yeah, my countdown timer is already set!

The PS4 version doesn't work on PS5. Luckily it broke early into the game but even so, very annoying. DUTM would be an amazing VR game too.

Volumiza

Nobody Saves the World is incredibly good. Having so much fun playing it coop with my missus, also has online coop.

Drink box haven't made a bad game, to my mind at least.
My son has been badgering me to download this. Might give it a blast when my internet is up and sorted.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've been watching Summoning Salt on YouTube recently. It's so good. He covers the history of speedruns for certain games and presents it in a really easy and fun way. I find it so interesting how a community comes together whilst competing and finds these incredibly ridiculous ways to shorten the times again and again.

The Mario Kart one in particular is very entertaining.

Bosws87

I've been watching Summoning Salt on YouTube recently. It's so good. He covers the history of speedruns for certain games and presents it in a really easy and fun way. I find it so interesting how a community comes together whilst competing and finds these incredibly ridiculous ways to shorten the times again and again.

The Mario Kart one in particular is very entertaining.

Stuff like this is great, the ultimate is the film king of kong fistful of quarters.

I'd presume most if not all who are into gaming have seen this film, but if they haven't give it a watch its fantastic, who knew speedrunning the original donkey kong could be so dramatic and entertaining.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Stuff like this is great, the ultimate is the film king of kong fistful of quarters.

I'd presume most if not all who are into gaming have seen this film, but if they haven't give it a watch its fantastic, who knew speedrunning the original donkey kong could be so dramatic and entertaining.
Yeah it’s a great film!