Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So I've been playing Far Cry 5 and surprisingly loving it. For someone who doesn't usually like 'clearing the map' I'm really enjoying clearing the map. It's a great combination of freedom, fun and exploration. Did not expect to like a Ubisoft game this much.

Mercurial

Just started playing Tunic on PC after reading so many good things about it. I've done the first boss and rang the bell, so early doors yet, but it's an easy game to fall in love with. The world design, the exploration, the combat, the music, the instruction manual, it's all pretty awesome.
I'm considering going for it. How is it holding up after 2 weeks?

Ahmer Baig

Anyone remember the old game Knights and Merchants? One of the best games I played. It is similar to Settlers 2 and sure takes a lot of time to build your town. Each building needs a specific building to progress. If you have loads of time and patience this game is for you.

Mercurial

Anyone remember the old game Knights and Merchants? One of the best games I played. It is similar to Settlers 2 and sure takes a lot of time to build your town. Each building needs a specific building to progress. If you have loads of time and patience this game is for you.
Loved Settlers! Just got this for 2$ so will give it a try. Thanks

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Awesome. Did you do the DLC as well?
Yep. Bought it in the sale and went through it before battling Mergo's Wet Nurse. Did the whole game without summoning help but Orphan of Kos drove me close to it. That and the Pthumerian Descendent were probably the two I struggled with most. Looking forward to play more Souls games in the future after a bit of a break

Moby

Dick
Yep. Bought it in the sale and went through it before battling Mergo's Wet Nurse. Did the whole game without summoning help but Orphan of Kos drove me close to it. That and the Pthumerian Descendent were probably the two I struggled with most. Looking forward to play more Souls games in the future after a bit of a break
Oh the Pthumerian Descendant is a broken fight. The fact he can throw those boomerangs through the pillars is just broken so I had no shame in asking for help there. He was still a handful the absolute bastard.

Orphan is an absolutely amazing battle and that second phase is a handful but I beat him both in NG and NG+. My biggest nightmare was Lawrence in NG+. Just absolutely mental but getting finally was amazing. The DLC is absolutely incredible.

Irwin99

Bought Call of Cthulu on the PSN. Kinda looks like a PS3 era game in terms of graphics and presentation. Hopefully the story will be good.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
No this one i'm playing was made in 2018. Doesn't look THAT bad :lol:
Oh I know which one you mean - the detective game.

My dad was talking about that recently. Apparently he got a bug somewhere and said he had to restart the whole thing (though apparently didn't).

Not sure if there was really a bug or if he couldn't figure out the solution to something :lol:

AaronRedDevil

The more I play TLOU 2 again the more annoyed we didn't get a Tommy DLC. Dude is supposed to be a beast throughout the series. Probably came up with that torture method they do with the location thing.

Tiber

The mosre I play TLOU 2 again the more annoyed we didn't get a Tommy DLC. Dude is supposed to be a beast throughout the series. Probably came up with that torture method they do with the location thing.
Yea I was sure that was coming. Real waste

AaronRedDevil

Yea I was sure that was coming. Real waste
Guessing all that unnecessary hate it got in the beginning definitely had a factor. Nowadays people are saying it's great. Too late now the feckers. Shame, it could have been an awesome Brutal story. Least a 3rd TLOU is coming.

Tiber

Guessing all that unnecessary hate it got in the beginning definitely had a factor. Nowadays people are saying it's great. Too late now the feckers. Shame, it could have been an awesome Brutal story. Least a 3rd TLOU is coming.
They are making a multiplayer shooter TLOU game instead of proper story DLC. Part of Jim Ryan's masterplan to make money by moving away from what makes PlayStation great

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Gut feeling says no based on there being different PS+ codes for UK and EU but could be wrong.
I'm bidding for a European Spiderman game code, if I win, I'll soon find out! The code must have come from a console bundle.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When do we reckon CEX prices for the ps5 will come down? I have a bunch of stuff (I don’t use them) that could probably get me around £300-400 in vouchers but not sure whether to just sell them on eBay instead and check stock for a ps5 elsewhere.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've got loads of games unfinished, I wondered why and when I thought about it, alot of them I don't finish because I hate final boss battles and find them a chore so once I'm close don't bother :lol: or I just never want the game to end because I enjoy it that much, and try to 100% every collectable and get best armour / weapons before final boss, but because those can take forever I just never finish :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So the remaster of The Stanley Parable came out today. The first one was glorious and apparently this one is full of new and surprising content.

It's available on PC and also consoles, for those of you who like to game at 12FPS

Anyone dipping in?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So the remaster of The Stanley Parable came out today. The first one was glorious and apparently this one is full of new and surprising content.

It's available on PC and also consoles, for those of you who like to game at 12FPS

Anyone dipping in?
Never heard of it but looks interesting. £17 worth it?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Never heard of it but looks interesting. £17 worth it?
Oh no, don't ask me to take responsibility for your money. I can't deal with that kind of pressure :lol:

It's basically a comedy walking simulator. The fun comes from breaking the game and seeing what happens - and listening to the narrator.

Here's IGN's spoiler-free review:

Last edited:

Bosws87

Anyone dipping in?
Funny little game played the original, won't be buying it again but would recommend to anyone that's never played it before!

amolbhatia50k

Anyone dipping in?
Wonderful game. It's short so keep that in mind but I remember it as one of the indie greats just for how unique and interesting it was.

amolbhatia50k

Just picked up Lost Judgment.

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.