Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Tenet
Overly complicated and mess of a narrative which can be boiled down to: a group of people must use time travel to stop some baddies getting their hands on a device that can cause the end of the world. Some impressive action scenes aside, there wasn't much to enjoy here. Doesn't help that half the time, I couldn't make out what anyone was saying 3/10
I feel sorry for those feckers who went to see this piece of crap at the cinema.

All those guys running backwards :lol:... what a silly movie.

Took me 3 days to finish it.

el3mel

Tenet :

I finally got to watch this. There's a lot to like here, but it gave me a serious headache. I replayed many scenes ton of times before moving forward to understand what's going on. Can't imagine watching this in cinema in one shot. Would have understood jack shit starting from the very first scene that explains the inversion part. This alone I replayed 3 times to fully understand the idea. The entire interrogation scene midway in the movie took me half an hour or so till I got it and kept watching. Watching this in one shot is impossible. However, I ended up giving up to at the end of the movie to be honest. I was barely managing to follow the plot and understanding it up till the last 30 minutes. The entire fighting scene, well, it was ridiculously convoluted. I honestly didn't understand anything from what was happening, bar a thing or two at best.

I found Interstellar and Inception to actually be simpler to follow from beginning to end than Tenet, believe it or not.

However, it's not a bad movie when you think about it. The inversion idea itself is very good. Some scenes were great with very good dialogue, some action scenes at the start were surprisingly fun. and there's some great acting in it. The plot "seems" to be coherent from how much I understood, but if there's a problem in the plot beside it being convoluted, it's that for the majority of it, it was simply uninteresting to be honest. It only got interesting about 1 hour later or so, before that I wasn't caring what's going to happen next.

Decent I'll say. Don't regret spending time on this even with the headache it gave me, because there're many good aspects in it, but I feel Nolan is starting to focus more on making his movies as convoluted as possible just to keep the trend going rather than making a movie with an interesting story to follow.

7/10

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Irishman watched this last night wasn’t very impressed by it, for all the stars in it was expecting better, kept waiting for something big to happen but it lead to nothing. Also the actors all looked very old probably because they are old now but even more so than you expected.

3 an a half hours long too so a bit disappointing really..

4/10
For all the initial praise it’s pretty much been forgotten culturally, and will probably be remembered largely as “that really long movie where everyone looks really old and weird”

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I feel sorry for those feckers who went to see this piece of crap at the cinema.

All those guys running backwards :lol:... what a silly movie.

Took me 3 days to finish it.
I watched it in one sitting but it felt like 3 days. I watched an explainer video afterwards, made me hate it even more. It's just a basic heist film that's overly convoluted.

The time travel and inverted stuff was a gimmick that just was not interesting.

I don't mind complicated movies but you should be able to take something away from them in the first sitting. This gave me nothing.

This is a case where a studio suit needed to step in, take Nolan aside and say "hold up brother, we have thoughts"

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
For all the initial praise it’s pretty much been forgotten culturally, and will probably be remembered largely as “that really long movie where everyone looks really old and weird”
‘The 3 hour long excuse to give Bobby De Niro a chance to be a mobster one last time, featuring the most hilarious gangster beat down ever’

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's assuming it will be remembered at all. It's not one for the ages, but that doesn't make it a bad film either.