The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I don't tend to follow the head-to-head stuff following the drafts, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Say Edgar vs VivaJanuzaj is a match, does the winner get to take a player from the losing side to add to their own?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Say Edgar vs VivaJanuzaj is a match, does the winner get to take a player from the losing side to add to their own?
No. Usually all loser teams get put into a pool and winners pick from that. For last Sheep draft, we switched to Snake mode for reinforcements iirc.
Knowing Skizzo, not sure what torture he will implement then.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
@Balu why are VivaJanuzaj and MDFC Manager failed picks not disclosed? Surely if already picked and blocked, it should be no problem.
I don't know, ask Skizzo, he posted the results :P

But I agree with you, they aren't unpicked players, so they should be named:

@VivaJanuzaj thought that despite all the love the draft managers always show for Nesta and the fact that he was eligible in pretty much all the previous rounds, no one went for him so far. Why not?

@MDFC Manager probably just forgot to look in the blocked player list for Koeman, who was a surprising block in one of the earlier rounds, after all the Caf collectively seems to believe that he can't defend at all and is always a liability in defense, even if he plays in a back five.

MDFC Manager

Precisely, till now it was revealed with results. Don't see why it should change now.

For those who mutually blocked each other, strategy is out in open. Don't see why already picked/blocked managers get to hide their strategy.
Nope I don't think it was revealed in the last multi pick round either

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Nope I don't think it was revealed in the last multi pick round either
We revealed all the feck-ups unless they were invalid players who weren't picked or blocked yet, if I'm not mistaken.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm proud of my block :D you almost got arguably the best central midfielder of all times! He wasn't a great fit for Alonso, to be fair, so if I were to have him, I would probably have to bench Alonso in the second round (like I will get through the first one :wenger:)

I wasn't expecting so many Kocsis picks

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not so surprising at the second sight - he was always NM's first choice, but with Hamrin and an awful sheep I thought that he can pass on him, I'm a little surprised with Stobzila, but it's hard predict his picks, you can only be sure that he would pick two/three East players through the draft

Annahnomoss

Damn I am really happy I don't have to do more researching for this round. Was a lot of effort to go through different ideas. :D

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
What the hell is @Joga Bonito doing going for Fachetti ??
More or less strategic. Knew he was going to be picked by someone as he's probably one of the last GOAT defenders remaining with Maldini, Baresi, Scirea and Nilton Santos all taken already.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Obvious isn't a word I'd use often to describe the picks throughout this draft.

VivaJanuzaj

@VivaJanuzaj thought that despite all the love the draft managers always show for Nesta and the fact that he was eligible in pretty much all the previous rounds, no one went for him so far. Why not?
It was also obvious that Nesta wasn't available.

Some big names worryingly unblocked, hopefully a case of everyone chickening out.
Yeah I was surprised to see he wasn't picked too. Bloody tough researching from my phone when I don't have too much WiFi..
Had to go like 8 times back and forth on the list to find him after seeing my pick didn't go through, damn MJJ picked him and he started a new line in the list

VivaJanuzaj

Jesus, just realized there's an absolute stunning pair of players available, I'll be devastated if I'll realize I could've had them and didn't

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Now that I couldn't get Messi, what would you guys think of Messi leading my front line? Wasn't sure how much he'd fit as a proper 9 but my inner puppet wouldn't let me pass on him.

Could've been:

Defence*
Dunga
Scholes -- Keane
Figo ---------------- Nedved
Messi​
With at least one wing back and Dunga in the Bouquets-ish role
It would be a much more direct set-up than Messi is used to particularly as a false 9 so might not see enough of a ball to make a huge impact. Neither Figo or Nedved are wide forwards which it needs to work well IMO so there could just be a hole down the middle. The set-up is really crying out for a big-man (Kenwyne Jones) who is also a decent goalscorer (not Kenwyne Jones).

If you wanted Messi I'd have been tempted to put him on the right, Figo left and drop Keane/Dunga and put Nedved along side-Scholes.

Quality draft so far.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It would be a much more direct set-up than Messi is used to particularly as a false 9 so might not see enough of a ball to make a huge impact. Neither Figo or Nedved are wide forwards which it needs to work well IMO so there could just be a hole down the middle. The set-up is really crying out for a big-man (Kenwyne Jones) who is also a decent goalscorer (not Kenwyne Jones).

If you wanted Messi I'd have been tempted to put him on the right, Figo left and drop Keane/Dunga and put Nedved along side-Scholes.

Quality draft so far.
And play both his sheep instead of just one? :D

VivaJanuzaj

Quality draft so far.
Yeah I just couldn't resist my inner Muppet and not take a shot at Messi.
I really don't want a big man there, as everybody suggested there was a very clear one to go for last round but I'm a sucker for classic pacey 9s so I wouldn't count on the prospect of having a big man there