The Second RedCafe Sheep Draft

sajeev

the blocking of Arie Haan has really added a lot to the drama. i hope to get through but given the little sampling of the haan blocking it might 50-50

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I count three very interesting players still left (if not picked in the first round). But I can't see antohan's "possible goat".
More than three, surely. I think someone said earlier that there is easily a player who is either great or a GOAT for each manager here - and that sounds about right without having gone through the lists with a fine comb.

Four gone, five blocked. I reckon there should be six or seven brilliant picks out there - plus a couple of solid ones (very good players with excellent credentials, but not very eye catching, so to speak).

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
More than three, surely. I think someone said earlier that there is easily a player who is either great or a GOAT for each manager here - and that sounds about right without having gone through the lists with a fine comb.
You can make a case for him being a top ten of all time player, he doesn't necessarily have to be in that top 10, but he doesn't look out of place at all. Not sure if that makes him a goat, probably depends on how many players you want to include in that tier. I also need to start to rate him as a manager now that I know what team he took to a final. Highly impressive, always thought he sucked as a manager :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You can make a case for him being a top ten of all time player, he doesn't necessarily have to be in that top 10, but he doesn't look out of place at all. Not sure if that makes him a goat, probably depends on how many players you want to include in that tier. I also need to start to rate him as a manager now that I know what team he took to a final. Highly impressive, always thought he sucked as a manager :lol:
I half suspect you misread me there, my good man. I was referring to the whole pool (every manager can in theory end up with either a great player or a GOAT). If we're talking about anto's GOAT, then he IS a GOAT, there is no doubt whatsoever about that.

Or, put it like this: There is definitely a GOAT here who has gone unpicked and unblocked so far. As far was we know, that is. Someone could have snatched him in the first round, of course.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I half suspect you misread me there, my good man. I was referring to the whole pool (every manager can in theory end up with either a great player or a GOAT). If we're talking about anto's GOAT, then he IS a GOAT, there is no doubt whatsoever about that.
Oh, fair enough. I wouldn't rule it out that all the goats already are or get blocked in future rounds though, well unless someone already has antohan's goat.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
FFS.

Did anyone pick a goalkeeper? :nervous:
My tip:

One of the managers who were successful in the first round gambled and won on anto's GOAT.

Another one picked a keeper.

And the third one picked conservatively, possibly unnecessarily so.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It would be interesting to see who got picked in 1st round? Has they gone conservative to start or got lucky?
I think at least one if not two were relatively conservative middle-of-the-park players. And NM got the one some thought may have lasted, somehow. Nutters.

Kazi

Skizzo made the deadline for 10am, but then slept at 8am. What an evil man.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Unbelievable. 3 consecutive blocks! :(
I still think someone may have already picked yer boy in the first round. So, it could be a case of "player already picked" rather than the pair of you blocking each other.

Picking said boy in the first round is pretty obvious too, as a half clever move: Get the keeper sorted right away, and an absolute star of a keeper at that. It's not inconceivable.

NM

I still think someone may have already picked yer boy in the first round. So, it could be a case of "player already picked" rather than the pair of you blocking each other.

Picking said boy in the first round is pretty obvious too, as a half clever move: Get the keeper sorted right away, and an absolute star of a keeper at that. It's not inconceivable.
The issue with that is keepers don't count for much in drafts do they?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The issue with that is keepers don't count for much in drafts do they?
True. But I'm on a mission to change that. I've had enough. As a neutral voter in this draft, I'll make sure to give the keepers their due. I'll make a point of it, in fact. If there's a clear discrepancy in the keeper department, I won't let that pass.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
True. But I'm on a mission to change that. I've had enough. As a neutral voter in this draft, I'll make sure to give the keepers their due. I'll make a point of it, in fact. If there's a clear discrepancy in the keeper department, I won't let that pass.
I'm in. Let's argue the shit out of goalkeepers in the games this time.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
My tip:

One of the managers who were successful in the first round gambled and won on anto's GOAT.

Another one picked a keeper.

And the third one picked conservatively, possibly unnecessarily so.
The keeper could have gone through in the 2nd round as well. Two of the first round picks are pretty obvious by now, no idea about the 3rd one.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm in. Let's argue the shit out of goalkeepers in the games this time.
It's destined to happen. Anto announced the possibility of the last draft marking the turn of the tide - but it will be this one. We'll ruin every match thread with obsessive keeper talk!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The keeper could have gone through in the 2nd round as well. Two of the first round picks are pretty obvious by now, no idea about the 3rd one.
Yep - could have. Depends on how honest harms is, I suppose. We'll see soon enough when it's mornin' out in California.