Television The Shield

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well well,I did finish watching the 7th season.I'm just lost for words,the best series I've ever watched by far. I thought Jack Bauer or Dexter were great but Mackey is the real deal.
Really sad ending with Ronnie and Shane (even if I hated the character) and even more with Lem in season 5. Corrine is a bitch though,it must really be said.
I must also mention that I hate Claudette so much too

Girish II

Well well,I did finish watching the 7th season.I'm just lost for words,the best series I've ever watched by far. I thought Jack Bauer or Dexter were great but Mackey is the real deal.
Really sad ending with Ronnie and Shane (even if I hated the character) and even more with Lem in season 5. Corrine is a bitch though,it must really be said.
I must also mention that I hate Claudette so much too
Too right. I bought the boxset yesterday from HMV for £70 only to discover it's available online at Zavvi for £50.

I'm on the final season. Mackey makes Bauer look like Peewee Herman.

Girish II

In the real world, he doesn't answer to anybody. Not today, not tomorrow, not even on Cinco de Mayo.

Girish II

Jeez, my heart almost stopped for a second there. I was slightly disappointed at the rushed ending to 6 I thought, mainly down to the writers strike. I have high hopes for the finale.

Adebesi

It divides opinion. Most people I know think it is absolutely outstanding, one of the best endings to a series ever. But some people found it very unpalatable. I am firmly in the first category. Such a good show, it took me months to come to terms with it having ended.

Girish II

It's certainly the best show I've ever watched. Tried to get a newbie following but didn't quite work out.

I've had 7 downloaded for a while now but have been putting it off for the same reason.

kouroux

I still feel depressed about it.By far the best series I've ever watched.For me the writers came up with the perfect ending because a group of people ( the strike team) cannot go on living freely and happily after all the shit they've pulled during their careers.Karma is a bitch and it bites your ass

wr8_utd

:'(
Just starting Season 6. Forrest Whittaker is a brilliant character but he annoys me like hell. Just hate him.

wr8_utd

Nice of you to bump the thread, I just restarted watching it (from season 1, episode 1, to the end) yesterday. :drool:

Forest Whitaker annoyed me as well, and Julian too. :mad:
7 episodes into Season 6 now. Nothing made me happier than Whittaker getting arrested. Something about him that's so dam annoying. Maybe it's his disproportioned eyes :lol:

I don't really mind Julian. Not that active a role now as he used to have. Cant wait to get to season 7!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I thought this was so shit before I watched it, thought it was a CSI sort of show.....

You have to watch all 7 series to appreciate the brilliance of The Shield.

I thought it couldn't hold up to a show like 24, never happier to be proved wrong.

wr8_utd

I thought this was so shit before I watched it, thought it was a CSI sort of show.....

You have to watch all 7 series to appreciate the brilliance of The Shield.

I thought it couldn't hold up to a show like 24, never happier to be proved wrong.
Same here. I had heard so much about it but i never bothered watching it. But once i finally started i could not stopped. Seen 6 and a half seasons in just over a month

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The journey you go through with each of the main characters is something I didn't expect either. You begin to see decision and choice effected by morality and the road they start out on is a lot longer then I anticipated. I felt so much more drawn in to these characters then in other hit shows, perhaps down to keeping the focus on the strike team throughout the series.

wr8_utd

The journey you go through with each of the main characters is something I didn't expect either. You begin to see decision and choice effected by morality and the road they start out on is a lot longer then I anticipated. I felt so much more drawn in to these characters then in other hit shows, perhaps down to keeping the focus on the strike team throughout the series.
Hmm true. I quite like the way the show has kept focus on the Terry Crawley murder since the first day of the season season and also the Armenian money is never forgotten and almost everything in 7 seasons is somehow related to the two.

And your right there is a deep connection with each of the characters.
Curtis' death
was a real shocker. Can't wait to end season 7 now conisdering the way everyone talks about it.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah dead on with the spoiler bit, that was a shocker.

I loved how they managed to relate so much back to the first season, even that first episode. And you start to see the consequences of their choices in that first season, and I remember at the time thinking 'Oh yeah, I bet this doesn't go anywhere', but it's all key and all relative. All key bits are remembered, as they should be, rather then used in the moment and forgotten in the future.

What was probably best though were how they had personal limits, and then how those limits developed, especially for Mackey and Shane who were outstanding from start to finish. The role reversal, the absence of massive unrealistic twists, instead a subtle shift in mentality, which we can all relate to, made this series amazing.

I am going to watch it again from tonight.

wr8_utd

Yeah dead on with the spoiler bit, that was a shocker.

I loved how they managed to relate so much back to the first season, even that first episode. And you start to see the consequences of their choices in that first season, and I remember at the time thinking 'Oh yeah, I bet this doesn't go anywhere', but it's all key and all relative. All key bits are remembered, as they should be, rather then used in the moment and forgotten in the future.

What was probably best though were how they had personal limits, and then how those limits developed, especially for Mackey and Shane who were outstanding from start to finish. The role reversal, the absence of massive unrealistic twists, instead a subtle shift in mentality, which we can all relate to, made this series amazing.

I am going to watch it again from tonight.
Absolutely. For a long time now i have felt that this show is the most "real" show you have. It all feels raw and natural and something viewers can relate to perfectly. Not all shows manage to do that. Dexter does kind of.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I would agree with that, and possibly add Breaking Bad into the mix, although both don't go into the levels of The Shield, but then they haven't had the time either.

kouroux

The way events from Season 1 impacts the 7th season is remarkable.The story is just perfectly written with an outstanding and proper finish for Vic.
I don't think any series gave me the blues like this one (I even The sopranos and The wire)

wr8_utd

Into the last 5 episodes now! It's getting better and better, if that's even possible.

Adebesi

The way events from Season 1 impacts the 7th season is remarkable.The story is just perfectly written with an outstanding and proper finish for Vic.
I don't think any series gave me the blues like this one (I even The sopranos and The wire)
Agreed. No other series had me going over and over it in my head for weeks after it had finished.

Sylar

For me the Wire is the greatest television series ive ever seen, and thats the only show i really rate above the Shield (meant as a compliment)

The way it just builds from episode one until the final episode is soo well done. The characters are strong and its a different take and perspective on law

kouroux

I've restarted watching it from about a week ago, I'm about to end season 1 again.

Vic's confession scene in season 7. :nervous: :drool:
I love they have worked the camera in this show.It feels completely different to others and it made that particular fecking intense.
When they arrested Ronnie :eek:.That was incredible as he couldn't Vic sold him out
-

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Yay, if only I didn't know this masterpiece and discover it just know. To have the pleasure of watching it again. If my memory will ever be erased please remind me to start watching The Shield.

Decotron

Yay, if only I didn't know this masterpiece and discover it just know. To have the pleasure of watching it again. If my memory will ever be erased please remind me to start watching The Shield.
ha ha like the location. Watched it twcie now. Loved the ending.

Any fans who are looking for something new check out Sons of Anarchy, made by the same crowd and is excellent aswell.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I remember thinking you were all spastics for watching this, then I became worried that there seem to be many level-headed spastics who for some reason watch this garbage.

Then I watched it and understood. Going to have to start it again now.