Gaming The SM RedCafe League

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
#NFSV

So my squad value is 290.0m, last season it was 256.3m, so increase of 33.7m. Happy with that!

Don't really need to do much in the way of signings this season, it's going to be a bit boring! boooo.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I thought about applying but the average age plus lack of youth put me off.
It is a tough one alright. Anyone taking over would prob have to sacrifice short term success and try do deals for much younger talent, possibly swapping out decent but older aged lads.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It is a tough one alright. Anyone taking over would prob have to sacrifice short term success and try do deals for much younger talent, possibly swapping out decent but older aged lads.
We were talking about it weren't we Ando even before he resigned and we both thought it seemed a very hard job to take on. The squad is very old.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, it's difficult. They've got a handful of great players but even some of them are old/on the verge of not being in the first team anymore:

Ribery, van Persie, Schweinsteiger (right now doesn't seem to be room for him in the Bayern side), Thiago Silva, Ozil, Toure, Mata.

So for me that'd be the front six (and a CB) sorted:

van Persie

Mata ---- Ozil ---- Ribery

Schweinsteiger Toure

LB -- Silva -- CB -- RB

GK​

Andy would have been better off keeping Lukaku and Courtois rather than exchanging them for Mata.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We were talking about it weren't we Ando even before he resigned and we both thought it seemed a very hard job to take on. The squad is very old.
We were indeed. Andy got older players in as a shortterm fix at the start, but he ended up not having the time or not having the interest to then go and buy for the future.

gaz1185

Was contemplating applying for the Chelsea job, especially after missing out on the City job - But I'd expect quite the backlash from you lot after just getting MK Dons promoted :lol:

Levo

Band of Brothers
Yeah, it's difficult. They've got a handful of great players but even some of them are old/on the verge of not being in the first team anymore:

Ribery, van Persie, Schweinsteiger (right now doesn't seem to be room for him in the Bayern side), Thiago Silva, Ozil, Toure, Mata.

So for me that'd be the front six (and a CB) sorted:

van Persie

Mata ---- Ozil ---- Ribery

Schweinsteiger Toure

LB -- Silva -- CB -- RB

GK​

Andy would have been better off keeping Lukaku and Courtois rather than exchanging them for Mata.
Great deal for me that.

Varun

Staff
The Chelsea squad was always far too focused on short term players. That said, its definitely a very interesting challenge for whoever takes over.

Varun

Staff
Can we keep a team from season to season, if we're active?
You wont get sacked regardless of the results anyways. You could be relegated 3 years in a row and still keep the job. All you need to do is login once every 20 days or so.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Lost again with Southampton, sitting in 10th. Surprise surprise, Damo Moyes has Spurs in 2nd. United are doing brilliantly too.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
2-0 in my first game(Wolves) vs Swindon Town. One penalty by De Jong, and a screamer by Young.
Happy with that I guess, but I'm quite new to this, so I'm finding everything great!
:D

Crackers

greasy ginfers
How have wolves been the last few seasons, in terms of how they've been managed? Has it been one person for the few seasons, or sporadic change?