Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Dom Gill

P-nut, do not worry, the draft rule has only been used a couple of times and this is the first time we got a new player during so it is just testing the newish rule.

I agree with the above, just need to make whatever decision for the future clear.

I do however want to point out that GS said in his rules that you can bid straight away, (implying you can bid when you are ready), and only Damien will only accept bids at the drafts end. This may allow people to wait until their draft pick to sell their players in the future, but admit if you are the last drafter then it may be difficult.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Noone took over WH until the draft started so i think the draft should carry on. WH will only lose max 3-4 players anyway. This is like the lack of FFP punishment all over again. Soft cnuts.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Noone took over WH until the draft started so i think the draft should carry on. WH will only lose max 3-4 players anyway. This is like the lack of FFP punishment all over again. Soft cnuts.
Stupid game eh? In situations like this I wish someone came up with a better game with features like this built in!

Wino1

Sunderland now without a manager. Any chance I can have the job? Might stop moaning about starting a new game world :D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anyone interested in taking over Sunderland PM me. If there are multiple takers by Friday 8pm GMT there'll be a poll. If only one person is interested then they'll take over on the Friday.

Wino1

Anyone interested in taking over Sunderland PM me. If there are multiple takers by Friday 8pm GMT there'll be a poll. If only one person is interested then they'll take over on the Friday.
Seems like a fair way of doing it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The bewildering sale of Rashford makes them a little less appealing, but there's a good squad there nonetheless.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Shouldn't there simply be a rule that once a Draft has been called the club in question cannot be taken over?
Yes. I'm not even taking part in this draft, but this should be the rule. If not now, then definitely in the future.

Damien

Staff
So went into the game with no Messi, Pogba or Bale and now:

Antoine GRIEZMANN is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off
Jérôme BOATENG is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off

Congrats Varun. Knew you'd win. Dreadful season for me.

Varun

Staff
So went into the game with no Messi, Pogba or Bale and now:

Antoine GRIEZMANN is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off
Jérôme BOATENG is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off

Congrats Varun. Knew you'd win. Dreadful season for me.
Thanks Damo! My ass man is better than me it seems :nervous:

Gythio

So a late Lukaku goal in the match against Spartak Moskva means that Aston Villa are now Europa League champions!
Very happy with that, hope we can keep up the recent winning form next season.

Also, congrats Varun!

Damien

Staff
So a late Lukaku goal in the match against Spartak Moskva means that Aston Villa are now Europa League champions!
Very happy with that, hope we can keep up the recent winning form next season.

Also, congrats Varun!
Congrats! Winners of major honours:

Things of note:
  • Arsenal become the third domestic club to win all three European trophies.
  • Aston Villa win their first European trophy and are the sixth domestic side to have won the SMFA Shield.
  • Darlington 1883 won both domestic cups and are clear leaders in most Shield wins with 4 compared to 2 for others.
  • Manchester City now joint top with Chelsea and Manchester United on League wins.
So damn close to 18 (forgot to set team for Super Cup, lost out to City in final game of League season and lost on penalties to Arsenal in the Champions Cup).

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
If people accept you to be the boss then you should cancel the bids. It's just a bit shit given the Draft was called and people have sold players in preparation for it... in future I just think once a Draft has been called thats it. No player should be able to take over the club in question otherwise it renders the whole thing pointless as someone can take over like you have and put others at a disadvantage because they've sold players getting ready for the draft.
Will be considered in future drafts

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
So if I take part in a Draft, sell players and then someone takes over said club I just have to accept it in good grace and just accept thats part of the risk? Shouldn't there simply be a rule that once a Draft has been called the club in question cannot be taken over? That would avoid this issue. fyi, I sold my first choice fullback last night. So hope you appreciate why i'm not exactly happy lol. I mean,
Leeds even have a higher club valuation than I do despite having not signed anyone or had any rating increases so I don't get why he went before me anyway. /shrugs.
Oh well. Do whatever guys. I'll let GS decide given the Draft is his idea. In future please simply write a rule that states once a Draft has started it cannot be taken over. Simple. I mean The current Topic Title has been like this for weeks ffs.
As of 1st Jan, squad value of Leeds is 81.3m, while yours is 92.2m. However, if there is any mistake, please inform me as soon as possible

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Running this league seems like a massive ball ache. Credit to Damien, Redsky and whoever else has a hand in this.