Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thanks to everyone who applied for the job @gaz1185 @Wino1 @Ravelation and Benito and Curtis.

Been a tough vote but Gaz has won it. Apply for the job as soon as you can.

Accepting applicants within the league for the Kidderminster job. If nobody has gone for it by this time tomorrow then this will be open to anyone for 2 days and if nobody takes it the team will go to a draft.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Thanks to everyone who applied for the job @gaz1185 @Wino1 @Ravelation and Benito and Curtis.

Been a tough vote but Gaz has won it. Apply for the job as soon as you can.

Accepting applicants within the league for the Kidderminster job. If nobody has gone for it by this time tomorrow then this will be open to anyone for 2 days and if nobody takes it the team will go to a draft.
Well done Gaz, you truthfully deserve that job.
Unlucky to Wino aswell, guess we have a new derby in Wolves and City lol.

Wino1

Well done Gaz, you truthfully deserve that job.
Unlucky to Wino aswell, guess we have a new derby in Wolves and City lol.
Na, I expected it, lost to @2mufc0 in the Sunderland vote about a year or so ago and don’t hold any grudges. All the best @gaz1185.

We both still have decent teams anyway @Ravelation, not like we’ve been left on the streets lol.

gaz1185

Thanks to all who voted me in for the City job, highly appreciated! It will be with a heavy heart I leave Kidderminster but I'm look forward to what this next endeavour will bring. Now to the mundane task of going through my current shortlist, only 1400 players on there... So I apologise in advance for the amount of notifications any of you may get.

@Wino1 @Ravelation kudos to the pair of you for making the City job very competitive, could of gone to either one of us IMHO. Best of luck to the pair of you for the upcoming season.

Fingers crossed we can get The Harriers a new manager!!

Damien

Staff

Kidderminster info available above.

Manager within the league has until this time tomorrow to register their interest by posting here or PMing me.
Manager not in the league has until this time Sunday to register their interest by posting here or PMing me.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Loans agreed to Unmanaged Clubs so far

Div 1
  1. Tottenham Hotspur - 0/2
  2. Manchester United - 0/5
  3. Arsenal - 8/8
  4. Manchester City - 0/9
  5. Liverpool - 0/10
  6. Sunderland - 8/11
  7. Aston Villa - 0/12
  8. Blackburn Rovers - 2/12
  9. Chelsea - 1/12
  10. Everton - 5/12
  11. Nottingham Forest - 5/12
  12. Darlington 1883 - 1/12
  13. Plymouth Argyle - 0/12
  14. Fulham - 5/12
  15. Southampton - 0/12
  16. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 10/12
  17. AFC Bournemouth - 0/12
  18. Barnsley - 5/13
  19. Reading - 0/15
  20. Hereford FC - 17/17
Div 2
  1. West Ham - 0/10
  2. Newcastle United - 2/12
  3. Birmingham - 1/14
  4. Milton Keynes Dons - 0/14
  5. Norwich City - 0/14
  6. Southend United - 14/15
  7. Cardiff City - 0/16
  8. Derby County - 0/16
  9. Middlesbrough - 15/16
  10. Ipswich Town - 0/17
  11. Bristol City - 6/18
  12. Queens Park Rangers - 0/18
  13. Bury - 0/19
  14. Kidderminster - 3/20
  15. Mansfield Town - 0/21
Div 3
  1. Leeds United - 0/17

Total unmanaged club loan slots used: 100/192

It's a farce!

Ravelation of Ipswich Town
''An exciting new Manager, with the skill to match his gusto''

I've been a devout part of the RedCafe lurkers since 2011, I challenge you to find another member with as little post counts in 7 years. One could say, I am the Lurker.
A full member, plus a Tag line that screams ''Chat sh*t get banged", or ''Once had a meltdown in a thread about dancing'', I'll let you lot figure out which one.

I've played SoccerManager many moons ago, and have always been itching to play again, but don't have the friends to do so, (because they don't play football manager games, Not because I'm lonely.
I've got quite a high reputation on SM, (deity), and fully comprehend the ins and outs of what it takes to manage a title winning squad.
In all honesty I'm not sure I could convince you all of my right to the City throne over Sir Wino, or Gaz. They've both been in the league far longer than I have, they've both demonstrated dedication and perseverance, and probably have great relationships with the rest of the managers in the league.
But, saying that, I don't feel I need to prove myself in comparison to longevity otherwise this would be a pretty easy vote and Gaz would win.
This is an election, in which every candidate deserves and equal chance to manage City, it's not something that we should be able to walk into on the back of past glory, or the lack of. It's equally not something which we should attain because of how many friends we have in the league, but rather a vote that should be earned via our appeal.

This league does not need another manager, playing the traditional timid approach of buying low, investing lengthily, and selling timidly, It needs a revelation (all sorts of puns intended).
I'm a manager who promises to be daring and risky, I won't just sit on a perfectly fine squad of players and bide my time to do anything with the team.
I've built upon a solid core at Ipswich, and was truthfully aiming to win Div 2 this coming season. If I attain the City job, I'd be aiming to win Div 1, In my first season, and though a lot may see it as unrealistic, considering the squads in Div 1, I promise it's well within my skillset, I've already beaten a full strength Everton side in a friendly, and have yet to lose my first game.
I promise fireworks with City, and whoever inherits the Ipswich squad can count on the same.
And if I'm yet to still convince you of my credentials, my potential success or my appetite for this Position, I present to you, my secret weapon.
Enjoy.

Your next Div 1 Title Winner,
and sincerely,
Ravelation.
Holy shit. That video! Easily one of the best things I've seen on the Caf!

Damien

Staff
Everton now just a League Cup away (Forest too) from being the second club to win everything in the league. Congrats to Everton on winning the trophy plus £500k last night. Tonight, United and Newcastle face-off to win the Super Cup plus £10M.

Kroos is suspended so Newcastle are favourites.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Everton now just a League Cup away (Forest too) from being the second club to win everything in the league. Congrats to Everton on winning the trophy plus £500k last night. Tonight, United and Newcastle face-off to win the Super Cup plus £10M.

Kroos is suspended so Newcastle are favourites.
I lost the cup finals 2 years running. Was really hoping to complete that portfolio for Forest.:mad:

Damien

Staff
5 United players in Spain squad (De Gea, Roberto, Ramos, Gaya, Isco) and Germany squad (Kimmich, Boateng, Kroos, Goretzka, Brandt). Would have been four in England squad but Sterling withdrew.

Damien

Staff
:nervous:
Everyone had a chance to put in the bid i wanted. Tbf, I thought you would be the one giving the better deal.
I just didn't have the depth of players really. The last offer was Bale (when I had him), Eriksen, Roberto and Shaw. Only one of my forward players I'd have put in would have been Sterling but don't think you would have accepted anyway.

Getting Asensio, Sane and Pjanic was a very good deal for you - though Sane's going through a bad period at the moment.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is it unlikely that Neymar will rise further as he's playing in France?

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I just didn't have the depth of players really. The last offer was Bale (when I had him), Eriksen, Roberto and Shaw. Only one of my forward players I'd have put in would have been Sterling but don't think you would have accepted anyway.

Getting Asensio, Sane and Pjanic was a very good deal for you - though Sane's going through a bad period at the moment.
Ye, it was tough parting with Neymar. Focus was age, midfield and wings.

Everton had some good depth to push for it, and after his recent transfer is well set for both in league and Europe.

Damien

Staff
Ye, it was tough parting with Neymar. Focus was age, midfield and wings.

Everton had some good depth to push for it, and after his recent transfer is well set for both in league and Europe.
If he doesn't win at least three trophies this season (CS counts as one), it'll be a failure in my opinion. He's great at getting goals from his players and now with getting Alisson he's set defensively too.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
If he doesn't win at least three trophies this season (CS counts as one), it'll be a failure in my opinion.
Ye, you need at least a 93 lowest rated player in your starting 11 to compete tbh, 92 is too weak.
He's great at getting goals from his players and now with getting Alisson he's set defensively too.
But thanks.

Damien

Staff
Ye, you need at least a 93 lowest rated player in your starting 11 to compete tbh, 92 is too weak.
:lol: My top goalscorer in all competitions last season was Mbappe who had half the goals Ronaldo did. You're strong all over. Ronaldo scored 20+ goals in the league 7 of the 8 seasons he's been with you. Messi only managed that in 8 of the 14 seasons he's been with me and Griezmann hasn't managed that once in the 2 seasons since Messi left.

I just lack the goals you have.