Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Final offer then: Luc Castaignos + Markus Henriksen for Piszczek.
Thanks but I'll have to say no.

Yup. Sounds like what I experienced about a month back. Only person that has been consistant throughout is Damien I think.
:cool:

The game's not random, it's more a kind of tactical paper/scissor/stone arms-race. If you're using the same tactics as you were a month ago then you're out of date.
Hasn't been doing me too badly. I agree about the paper/scissor/stone analogy. At the start of the season I was changing my tactics for each match and I did well. From the Crystal Palace match onwards I decided to keep the same tactics and see what happened. My results:

Crystal Palace (H) - 4-0 W
Peterborough United (A) - 2-0 W
Barnsley (H) - 2-2 D
Portsmouth (A) - 1-0 W
Nottingham Forest (H) - 2-2 D
Ipswich Town (A) - 0-0 D
Coventry City (H) - 1-0 W
Leicester City (A) - 2-0 W
Millwall (H) - 1-3 L

Pretty good run including 6 clean sheets. The only real disappointment was drawing 2-2 against Barnsley but it was still an improvement on the reverse fixture. I definitely wouldn't advise sticking to the same tactics all of the time though because if you do then your opponents will find a way to counter those tactics and the decent run will turn into a rubbish one.

Levo

Band of Brothers
RedSky duped me into buying a player who was a 'certainty' to rise, yet here he is without an ratings update.

Cnut.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
RedSky duped me into buying a player who was a 'certainty' to rise, yet here he is without an ratings update.

Cnut.
He advised me of 2 players. 1 got a ratings rise of 4 whilst the other only got 2. Yet there people are getting hikes of 20 points! feck you RedSky!

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Guessing Championship will be done soon enough if they'r on to Spain Div 2???

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Championship was done long ago in March.
Italian, German & French Division 2 i expect them to do.
They need to find time to give Jordan Rhodes a ratings hike of at least 4 or 5.

Though that really only applies to the Elite league for me...

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'll play my unhappy players in all the remaining matches of the season, so Van Persie and Fabregas are unlikely to play against Chelsea.

Damien

Staff
I'm tempted to give Muriel some playing time in the remaining games if promotion is sealed but it would be a bit harsh on the other teams challenging for promotion - particularly as I play Derby on the final day.

Playing an 88/89 rated player instead of a 93/94 one isn't too bad. Playing an 84 rated player instead of an 89 one is terrible. Hopefully he shouldn't need that many minutes. Looking at the timetable the only game to play him which would be fair on the other sides challenging for promotion is when I play Brighton on the second to last game. The problem with that is that they're currently in a relegation battle (bottom of the table) and it would be unfair on the other teams in the relegation battle but they're currently 9 points away from safety and will need a big upturn in fortunes to survive so there is a chance when I play them that relegation will be sealed.

Of course it could be that I have a terrible end to the season which means there's no real opportunity to play him. I play Doncaster tonight - they're one of the sides who have beaten me once this season.

Damien

Staff
Dorkien getting his excuses in early...
Of course.

In other news I've decided to give Yarmolenko a run out for the last 30 minutes of today's game. The start to his Leeds career wasn't great, with him not scoring once in his first 5 games but the last game he played in before his injury he scored 4 goals:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Cheers for that pic Damo...

In an effort to get a result against a strong Nottingham I'm going for an experimental side, balls to wall time.

Damien

Staff
Fascinating.
How is the title race going in Division 1?

Cheers for that pic Damo...

In an effort to get a result against a strong Nottingham I'm going for an experimental side, balls to wall time.
:lol: The scoreline was a bit harsh but it'll probably go down as my biggest home league win this season.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Fascinating.
:lol::lol:

Play whoever you want Damien. If it comes to it that one of us is depending on other results o go our wa, then that's our fault. And no, I'm not just saying this because I'm playing you.

Big Andy

Bloke
The mighty Latics are currently holed up in the Linton Travel Tavern, Norwich, preparing for the big game tonight...

Gilardino and Pazzini have just gone to the BP Garage for a Ginsters each and to get some windscreen washer fluid for the team coach, and Gourcuff, Gallas and Diarra are currently having an "all you can eat on one plate" all day breakfast with Gallas trying a scam with a bigger plate...

Pablo Aimar is locked in his room after getting sent off in the last game on his debut...

the lads are quietly confident of getting a result tonight, and dragging Norwich into the relegation places, but professional pride means they won't be taking it easy as a defeat could send us down today...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Come on guys, where's the fighting spirit?... I mean imagine if boxers had that kind of argument before a bout?!

OB

Damien, whether you win the title early or no, there is no reason for you to play a weak team. You have to play your strongest team, especially against the top 8 clubs. You can play a weak team against the bottom clubs, but not the top clubs please.

Big Andy

Bloke
In another league I run, we have a gentlemans agreement that squads should have a limit of 25 in your first team, and 15 in your youth team...it was getting so bad with people hoarding and not playing 90+ rated players...

With this agreement, and with the inclusion of player concerns, it opened up the transfer market again as people were having to wheel and deal, and operate a one in one out policy...

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just checked my transfers, I've brought 38 and sold 19 and currently got 45 players. Although excluding loans and players that will be sold I've got 31.

Damien

Staff
Play a weaker team against the ones I don't mind, but not against the ones I do mind.

Omarlogic.
:lol:

Damien, whether you win the title early or no, there is no reason for you to play a weak team. You have to play your strongest team, especially against the top 8 clubs. You can play a weak team against the bottom clubs, but not the top clubs please.
So far I've always played my strongest team apart from the odd game where I've rotated and still played a strong side - even against the teams in the bottom half of the table. If I do play Muriel it'll be in one game and one you won't be concerned about.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Playing United tonight, conflicted. Want a win to give me a bit more safety of finishing in the top 10 but also prefer United to win it over Chelsea.