Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Problem at Arsenal is they could miss out on the Champions Cup place as it is pretty close up there, plus, if you want to take over at the start of next season and others agree with you taking over, then in that time frame people could end up raiding Arsenal for their best players as there is nothing preventing that happening.

So far three people have registered interest in the job. If anyone else wants it, they have until Wednesday 8pm game time to register interest, after which time those interested will have 24 hours to send me something saying why they should get it and I'll open a poll thread running from Thursday to Friday and whoever gets most votes gets the position.

Just looked at Arsenal's finances and they have £11.8M to spend.
Raiding Arsenal for players wont be an issue. If I get the job, I'l simply log in as the Arsenal boss after resigning from my current job once its close to the deadline when others can buy players. I'l resign again a day before my next WBA game. Just a week to go before the season ends so it wont be a problem.

Regarding the fight for CL places, whoever wins can set team tactics etc and then resign if the computer doesnt auto reset to a new formation automatically. If not, there isnt much that can be done am afraid. It'l be unfair on WBA as I took the job solely to see if I could keep them up and its too close now to give up and leave.

But yeah, if the other 2 guys applying for the job arent current managers and can go straight in, I'l be willing to move to Arsenal and give them WBA as long term, I see Arsenal as the bigger challenge.

Levo

Band of Brothers
As tempting as it is, I won't be applying for the Arsenal job. Turned Villa around made some good signings and got them from 18th to 10th since I've been in charge. Be good to see what I can do with a full season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There are four applicants for the Arsenal job.

I will be making a thread on Thursday after the game (8pm GT) to vote for the next Arsenal manager. If the four applicants could send me a list of reasons, or whatever they would like for me to post in that thread to convince others to vote for them, that would be appreciated.

Damien

Staff
But yeah, if the other 2 guys applying for the job arent current managers and can go straight in, I'l be willing to move to Arsenal and give them WBA as long term, I see Arsenal as the bigger challenge.
One of the applicants isn't a current manager so he'll most likely go and manage the former club of whoever is going to Arsenal.

Damien

Staff
Drew 2-2 against Derby while Chelsea beat their opponents.

Top 2 now looks like this with two games remaining:

1. Chelsea 39 GD, 76 Points
2. Manchester United 37 GD, 71 Points

After the last game I felt it was over but now it is pretty much confirmed. Still, I'm happy with a second place finish in a season of big changes. Congrats Andy.

I'll make the thread for the new Arsenal manager now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm proud to announce that Nottingham Forest have been promoted after a commanding 5-1 win over Doncaster Rovers. I even messed up the substitutions!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Back into top 10! A win against west brom. Tough last 2 fixtures for me, spurs and everton. Dont know if ill hold onto 10th at all, but im on for my best points tally and best league position so things on the up!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Got to somehow prepare to survive in Division 1, which is going to be ruddy difficult considering the squad I have. Hopefully I get some rating increases before the season starts. Lewandowski is bound to rise at least.

Damien

Staff
Will be interesting to see how you do. With it being the end of the league season/near the end there should be quite a few players being reviewed in the near future... maybe.

Varun

Staff
To top it off, he's buying young players on my shortlist while I sit with next to no cash :mad:. Thats 2 in 2 days now.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
To top it off buying young players on my shortlist while I sit with next to no cash :mad:. Thats 2 in 2 days now.
:lol: Rabiot was one of my babies ages ago. Sold him awhile back, but he has impressed out on loan so said id sign him ingame again. Berrardi was a swap with a youth player I had who is injured since november in real life. Same rating but a major upgrade!

Very tight indeed. It could swing again Sunday. Few of us in same position playing some tough teams, teams below have a chance to flip it again.

relegation battle is unreal too. Very close.

Varun

Staff
good for you. feckall i can do about it this close to end of season. the relegation battle is unreal, yeah.

Btw, vote for me for the arsenal job, will ya. :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I need to win 1 game to secure first position in Division 2. Interestingly both Bolton and Forest current points total would have been enough to be 1st in the previous 2 seasons.

Forest currently on target to finish the season on 85 points, which would be 11 more than Leeds in Season 1 (74) and 14 more than QPR in Season 2 (71). A fine season by the Forest and Bolton.

Damien

Staff
The next bidding war is almost at an end.

Bids accepted for Zouma:
  • Manchester United: £582k + Kalidou KOULIBALY (21/86) + Oliver NORWOOD (22/82)
  • West Bromwich Albion: Honorato NILMAR (28/88)
  • Southampton: £8M
  • Manchester City: £8,940,000
  • Reading: £2,060,000 + Hugo GONZALEZ (22/82) + Kenneth OMERUO (19/83)
  • Aston Villa: £1,130,000 + KOSTAS MANOLAS (21/86)
  • Leeds United: £10M

My bid is definitely above those three cash bids. Out of the others I'm not sure who will have won but I think Reading.

Varun

Staff
Mine totalled at around 12mil. lets see. Could be my parting gift to wba fans:p

Varun

Staff
Your player definitely has the highest rating but the age probably counted against him. Were you unable to add cash to the deal?.
My chairman's an Idiot. I wanted to put another player in as i dont have much cash but he wouldnt let me. Worst thing is That the player isnt even a backup,let alone a first teamer.

The chairman also doesnt allow me to send certain players on loan as they're top quality according to him even though he's not even backup quality.

Well, looks like he's yours now. Congrats.

Damien

Staff
You've probably beat me to him then.
Yep.

My chairman's an Idiot. I wanted to put another player in as i dont have much cash but he wouldnt let me. Worst thing is That the player isnt even a backup,let alone a first teamer.

The chairman also doesnt allow me to send certain players on loan as they're top quality according to him even though he's not even backup quality.

Well, looks like he's yours now. Congrats.
Yeah, the chairman can be annoying. I've got the same problem with loan deals and it not letting me loan out an 81 rated player :lol:

Thanks :) You were so unlucky with the timing of your PM earlier.

Damien

Staff
United sign Zouma

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of French footballer Kurt Zouma from SC Bastia on a two-year deal.

"Zouma is someone we have been after for a while," said manager Damien, "and we're glad to finally get our man."

He is expected to go out on loan next season.

Damien

Staff
First team:

de Gea (90)

Rafael (90) Ramos (95) Vidic (95)

Gotze (93) Eriksen (90) Bender (90) Ozil (94) Bale (93)

van Persie (95) Messi (99)​

Second team:

de Gea (90)

Aurier (87) Smalling (89) Reyes (87) Sandro (89)

Isco (90) McCarthy (88) Pogba (87) Canales (87)

Balotelli (90) Michu (89)​

Third team:

de Gea (90)

Smith (83) Zouma (85) Digne (87)

Centurion (83) Goretzka (83) Redmond (83) Vilhena (83) Sararer (84)

Markovic (86) Ezekiel (84)​