Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Big Andy

Bloke
Christ it's still close up there...I picked the wrong time to get beat last time out...from top to 5th in one game...

United looking ominously good now after a run of patchy form...

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Christ it's still close up there...I picked the wrong time to get beat last time out...from top to 5th in one game...

I have you soon, my last defeat in the league was against you. Game changer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Thanks but this is where my run will go to shit again. Got some tough games coming up, with the Shield final in between a couple of them.

Forgot to put out my strongest side in the SMFA Cup tonight, but drew 2-2 and am now in the quarters (got £400k for doing it).

And we play each other in the QFs :( Shit.

SMFA Cup Quarter Final fixtures:

ACF Fiorentina vs. Manchester City
Arsenal vs. Liverpool
Chelsea vs. Manchester United
FC Porto vs. Napoli

Damien

Staff
So now, my next eight games in all comps:

Newcastle United (H - Div 1)
Tottenham Hotspur (A - Div 1)
Chelsea (A - SMFA Champions Cup Leg 1)
Liverpool (N - Shield Final)
Queens Park Rangers (A - Div 1)
Chelsea (H - Div 1)
Chelsea (H - SMFA Champions Cup Leg 2)
Bolton Wanderers (A - Div 1)

That is ridiculously tough.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Nah, like I said, the Shield will be my priority. I've got my lineup sorted for both the game against you and Liverpool and it's one you should be disappointed if you don't win - especially with it being at your home.
I'm worse at home than away. You'll win.

Varun

Staff
He's cert to get a +2. And it looks likely it'l start tomorrow so it'l definitely be done by Sunday.

Am looking at +2s for Bertolacci and Pereyra myself with a +3/+4 for Krsticic. Will make them all solid options for the cup team next year. Murru should rise by 2/3 too. Lets see.

Krsticic got a +4 but Bertolacci for some reason just rose by 1. cnuts.

Missed out on a cert riser just because I delayed the purchase. feck. easy 2mil or so to be made there.

Varun

Staff
Thanks but this is where my run will go to shit again. Got some tough games coming up, with the Shield final in between a couple of them.

Forgot to put out my strongest side in the SMFA Cup tonight, but drew 2-2 and am now in the quarters (got £400k for doing it).

And we play each other in the QFs :( Shit.

SMFA Cup Quarter Final fixtures:

ACF Fiorentina vs. Manchester City
Arsenal vs. Liverpool
Chelsea vs. Manchester United
FC Porto vs. Napoli

Tasty draws those.

Big Andy

Bloke
Is Ronaldo cup tied Damo?

Cos if he is, then RVP is as well...which would be bad...

Big Andy

Bloke
I'd sacrifice the shield for a win in the league, but because they don't lose fitness for the SMFA Cups, I can go all out in all 3...

Damien

Staff
Is Ronaldo cup tied Damo?

Cos if he is, then RVP is as well...which would be bad...
Nope.

If I had won a couple of cups with United I'd probably sacrifice the Shield and go all out in the league but from past experience, even if I go all out in the league I always seem to fall at the final hurdle - damn last season :( especially with the run I've got, it'll be tough.

So I'll just go all out in the Shield final, while sacrificing the couple of games around it. Hope that I manage to finish in the top four, then if all is well to make another go for the league next season. It'll be even tougher, but rises seem to be going well for me. When Pogba rises (hopefully to 89) then my squad depth will be what it was when I sold Ozil/RvP (albeit with an 89/98 instead of 94/95).

TheReligion

Abusive
Oscar up to 91. Nice. Fellaini is at 91 with Kroos at 92. Lucas Moura is at 90 but I'd expect a 91 which gives me good options as I only play a midfield 3.

Damien

Staff
Excellent. Bale is up to 94. Unfortunately he's lost the ability to play LB but can play RW now (not that I'd play him there, but nice to have the option).

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Anyone's opinion on Hamsik going to 93? Great start to the season he has had, just being at Napoli will prob hold him back.

Varun

Staff
Hoping Pereyra gets an 88, that'l seal the sale of Sidney Sam. Murru should rise by couple of points again hopefully.

Ohh and 25mil+ for Pato today. The current market makes me feel better about my Gundogan purchase with every passing day.

Flying Fox

In two minds about Cesar. Almost certain to go down again, not getting any games at QPR. If he goes down by one, he's still my best option. Any more and I ought to cash in. Don't know whether or not to do that now or later

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
:D I'm only codding ya. I'm gonna get back into the market now again. I'll sell some more younger lads after the Italian league update and do it all over again.

Varun

Staff
:D I'm only codding ya. I'm gonna get back into the market now again. I'll sell some more younger lads after the Italian league update and do it all over again.

I enjoy the young transfers as much if not more than the matches :D

Sheer joy picking out young talented players and either see them grow. Selling the lesser ones for 3-4 times the inital cost isnt half bad either :p

Varun

Staff
Forced to rest Pique and Robben out with suspension. Need a win to keep pace at the top :nervous: