Gaming The SM RedCafe League

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ya, it would be cool and realistic. Hope they can do it and also have a better match engine!
Aye, if they could improve the transfer engine to also take into account things like... release clauses (which could be argued by the player during contract negotiations) would make it more interesting and realistic.

The match engine certainly needs improving.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I have 14 players 90-99 and none of my <89 players are over 23.

Last edited:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
It isn't. <89 is what you were looking for... and you graduated from University with a computer science degree. Frightening.
Yeah but I can talk about networking protocols and finite state automata.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Missed out on gaudino because he wasnt listed in the new players database :mad:
He was added yesterday, i've been waiting for him to be added for weeks now ever since he started playing for Bayern in pre season. Me and Darlington bid for him in the morning, I went to bed and woke up with everyone else bidding :lol:

MJJ

He was added yesterday, i've been waiting for him to be added for weeks now ever since he started playing for Bayern in pre season. Me and Darlington bid for him in the morning, I went to bed and woke up with everyone else bidding :lol:
I have been looking for his name in the new players database ever since he played the supercup. Was up at 5am today so decided to have a look as well. Seriously annoying :mad:

Edit-If you guys bid this morning then the 24 hrs wouldnt have passed so how come all the bids are accepted.

MJJ

Whats the consensus here about squad limits? I have thought that we should implement a rule like that for a few seasons now and I see that the issue crop up again a couple of days ago. We can have some kind of limit like 25 first team players, 15 youth ones and only 10 loanees allowed to make it more fair? And make sure money is worth something in the GW again.

That scale can be adjusted according to the size of the club's stadium, with smallers side being allowed more leeway.

This would also raise a little bit more interest in the game as right now its slowly going to die with people losing interest once it becomes impossible to beat the biggish sides.

Can we get a vote on this?

@Damien
@RedSky
@Mr Anderson
@Laidback Levo
@Big Red
@Barney LFC
@The Man Himself
@Varun
@TheReligion
@JB7
@Crackers

Thats all the names I remember :p

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I won't mind. I started playing this game fairly recently so don't have much knowledge about how each factor affects team performances, but ya, 25 first team, 10 youth and 10 loanees should be good enough.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
We toyed with this already which is basically why new league began. We decided trying to get all the the teams in line at this point would be an effort.

MJJ

We toyed with this already which is basically why new league began. We decided trying to get all the the teams in line at this point would be an effort.
I think no other league will have as much interest as this one, thats why while the concept is good the new league didnt really take of. Its hard to be this dedicated to both leagues.

We can easily make sure every team in the PL complies to the rules as all of us log in regularly.

The rest we can enforce if/when they get promoted.

@MJJ it would be a good idea, otherwise the league is going to die because of the lack of top class players available to the smaller teams and new comers.
Exactly.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yep. I don't mind either way, but like you said that was why the new league was made, so teams could be on close to an even footing throughout.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
tbf, it's not much of an effort as long as we all agree on it. All it does is give everyone loads of cash to mess about with more signings.

The stadium idea makes sense though because it gives the small clubs an advantage of being able to sign more risers if they wish. While the bigger clubs would have a headache of having to sell before they could buy. Big clubs have a huge advantage over the smaller ones due to their insane revenues. So by handicapping squad sizes to stadium sizes it does at least try and make it a bit fairer.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
feck knows why I'm complaining, my squad is tiny compared to my rivals.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Bit of a weird time to bring it up. Last season all the "big" sides did crap, and it's been similar start this season, while the likes of Darlington, Fulham and Forest have flourished.

MJJ

Yep. I don't mind either way, but like you said that was why the new league was made, so teams could be on close to an even footing throughout.
As I said above, no other league will have this much attention as we have all had our teams for a long while so naturally spend more time on them. Whenever am looking to sign youngsters, I always do it for sunderland not liverpool(my mk2 team). I dont even care a lot for results in that league.

Bit of a weird time to bring it up. Last season all the "big" sides did crap, and it's been similar start this season, while the likes of Darlington, Fulham and Forest have flourished.

The complain is more about players hoarding, not the performance of the respective sides which depends on the match engine more than anything. I think I made a similar complain a few years ago.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
tbf, it's not much of an effort as long as we all agree on it. All it does is give everyone loads of cash to mess about with more signings.

The stadium idea makes sense though because it gives the small clubs an advantage of being able to sign more risers if they wish. While the bigger clubs would have a headache of having to sell before they could buy. Big clubs have a huge advantage over the smaller ones due to their insane revenues. So by handicapping squad sizes to stadium sizes it does at least try and make it a bit fairer.
The revenue return for the big stadium clubs would be massive if the squads were limited as i know from the new league.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The revenue return for the big stadium clubs would be massive if the squads were limited as i know from the new league.
Yep, I get an insane amount of cash from Arsenal in mark 2. Which is why a handicapping system makes sense to me. Otherwise the big clubs will just out price the smaller ones for the hot prospects.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
btw, I am looking for 85+ GK, even season-long loan will do, for my club Plymouth in championship. Anybody willing to do business?