Gaming The SM RedCafe League

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Bleh, Neymar rose. I suspect no more of my players will be rising in the Spanish review, however Griezmann can now play CF.
:D

Somehow El Haddadi did too. Meanwhile, I've signed Franco Acosta, the young U20 Uruguay wonderkid who got a transfer to Villarreal a few days ago.

Last edited:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Mental.

You had a top squad, you've just shat on it with all these stupid deals.
I know it's mental, but I don't regret it in the slightest. I don't think it's as bad as you're making out. Look in a couple of years and I think this squad will be better than my previous one.

Ronaldo hit 99. :(

Last edited:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
RONALDO NINETY NINE RONALDO NINETY NINE RONALDO NINETY NINE

Benzema 94

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ok, so here's a deal that RS offered me.

Bernat (89) = Nagotomo (90) + Durm (88)

Who's getting the better deal there? Things to be kept in mind is that Nagatomo would be 5th choice for me so not an improvement rating wise.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Don't be insulting my former players you tossers. Brandt is going to be a brilliant player and Sakho has been in superb form since Liverpool realised that Lovren can't defend. Good deal for both parties. Marquinhos has barely played for PSG for a while now.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Don't be insulting my former players you tossers. Brandt is going to be a brilliant player and Sakho has been in superb form since Liverpool realised that Lovren can't defend. Good deal for both parties. Marquinhos has barely played for PSG for a while now.
No one cares.
RONALDO NINETY NINE RONALDO NINETY NINE RONALDO NINETY NINE

Benzema 94

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Explain to me how De Rossi is 94 rated. I hadn't noticed that before but what the hell. Does he get a +2 rating because of his beard?
:lol: No idea tbh.

Also, I don't want 2 gks ffs...

MJJ

Well you did get Hummels, who's one of the best CB's in the world and still pretty young. #firstworldproblems.
I know but buying seeing someone develop from 75 to 90+ has its own pleasure.

Him,, de sciligio, Mendy, depay were my best finds and only one remains. :(

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I know but buying seeing someone develop from 75 to 90+ has its own pleasure.

Him,, de sciligio, Mendy, depay were my best finds and only one remains. :(
Agreed, hence why I'm so reluctant to sell my players really. Seeing Jedvaj, Rekik (SM wankers should have risen him when reviewing City but didn't), Davies, Chambers, Gomes and Goretzka develop the way they have so far feels good.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed, hence why I'm so reluctant to sell my players really. Seeing Jedvaj, Rekik (SM wankers should have risen him when reviewing City but didn't), Davies, Chambers, Gomes and Goretzka develop the way they have so far feels good.
tbf, it's better for us as we had much larger squads and could therefore make more mistakes. I think now that we have squad caps it'll be much harder to buy in players and watch them rise because you have to manage your squad better. It's something we probably should have done a few seasons ago in hindsight, not that i'm moaning as it's given me a pretty big advantage over some of the other teams.

It's why i'm surprised some of the smaller teams haven't sold some of their better assets for a lot of money and reinvested in lots of young risers. Oh well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
tbf, it's better for us as we had much larger squads and could therefore make more mistakes. I think now that we have squad caps it'll be much harder to buy in players and watch them rise because you have to manage your squad better. It's something we probably should have done a few seasons ago in hindsight, not that i'm moaning as it's given me a pretty big advantage over some of the other teams.

It's why i'm surprised some of the smaller teams haven't sold some of their better assets for a lot of money and reinvested in lots of young risers. Oh well.
Yeah I agree with all of that. Should have been done as far ago as season 4.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:lol: Since the ban was first mooted, I've tried to keep my distance from looking for risers apart from the odd talented player like musonda who should have a good long term future and was a free agent.
Well i'm not TB'd anymore and my squad needed a few more mid 70 rated players.

Signed Acosta and Simeone who both have looked very good in the U20 International Competition.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Ok, so here's a deal that RS offered me.

Bernat (89) = Nagotomo (90) + Durm (88)

Who's getting the better deal there? Things to be kept in mind is that Nagatomo would be 5th choice for me so not an improvement rating wise.
Keep Bernat.