g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The SM RedCafe League

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Feck. I forgot to change my team on another gameworld after resting everyone for the Champions League semi final and have lost 5-1 and eliminated. FML :'(

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Does Herrera just put in bids for players all day, then withdraw them on the evening? He must be a pain in the arse to do deals with to be fair, I'll swerve that.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
Transfers working differently now in SM it seems.

@The Man Himself just said his chairman wouldnt allow him to bid even 4mil for Mastour when my chairman was fine with upto 5mil.

Now earlier, the reverse would have been true due to squad value. Remember missing out on the likes of Januzaj because Reading could simply bid much higher. Its the reverse now it seems with teams having more cash able to bid more. This would also explain why Damo has been able to bid higher than others in recent deals.

Good change if I'm honest, replicates real life better. The 150mil @Damien has is going to come handy for him now.

Varun

Staff
It's a bit shit though as the Big Clubs can just hog all the players by bidding more.
FFP.

It replicates real life much better though which would be their natural aim.

EDIT:

Take the Januzaj transfer for instance. I remember both me and Damo had gone for him. Reading got him in the end. Unrealistic.

I do see that it's bad for the smaller clubs but that's where FFP comes in.

Varun

Staff
But FFP is only so good, the big clubs can just buy up all of the top draw talent knowing that they can always out bid clubs like myself, Darlington, Reading and Sunderland etc
Not really. Its only Damo that has that much money. I'm fairly confident Trionz and you both have more cash than the likes of me, City, Chelsea etc. It helps the ones that have "more cash", not the bigger club.

Varun

Staff
I think damo should be put out on his own in FFP matters now:p.
Exactly. I know it sounds funny but its true.

I know my revenue not City's or Chelsea's but I'm certain none of those 2 are anywhere close to him either.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Not really. Its only Damo that has that much money. I'm fairly confident Trionz and you both have more cash than the likes of me, City, Chelsea etc. It helps the ones that have "more cash", not the bigger club.
Oh. So basically the next say 6 top talents we're all basically fecked on because Damien the oil rich trillionaire will buy them all. What a wanker.

Varun

Staff
Oh. So basically the next say 6 top talents we're all basically fecked on because Damien the oil rich trillionaire will buy them all. What a wanker.
Yep. He's going to get whoever he wants now as long as the deal is with an AI club. No competition.

Varun

Staff
Another good thing about this is that cash becomes relevant again. There were absolutely no good deals being done for cash because it was pointless in a competitive GW like ours. It becomes a factor again because the more you have, the better external talent you can get.

This makes me slightly regret paying over the top for Martinez and Kruse as I did it just to get them because cash didnt matter much.

Varun

Staff
The problem is that it's going to be very hard for that money to drain away as well. He's got such a massive squad value advantage over the rest of us. Mmm.
Yup. 100mil gap isn't it? It'l only rise too as he's got a superb young squad.

He's in a league of his own really compared to the rest. cnuting Real Madrid like.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Oh for fecks sake. I was checking for Mastour everyday without fail and he is fecking added when I'm on holiday! :o:mad::(

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Maybe something like increasing
Yeah I didn't check for one day and that was the day he was added. Poop. Ah well, I wouldn't have been able to win him anyway
I only knew because he was mentioned on the Sm forum in the Italian predictions, had no cap space and was only using my Ipad for the last few days to make it more awkward.

Varun

Staff
No chance of me being able to bid 5m for him. You can all feel free to withdraw your bids though so we can test this theory out
We can test the theory out by simply picking a random player and comparing our bids.

How much can you bid for Cornet at Pool? 18/80.

Varun

Staff
Just £5,328,000
Proves my point then. I can bid 4,828,000. It'd have been the reverse in the earlier system which used squad value.

Can some others also check and post what's the highest they can go?

Varun

Staff
Yeah but I've got like 3x as much money as most of you... just 500k extra doesn't seem like a great deal
How much extra is immaterial.

New talents are added valued at 1-2mil tops. Everyone has that. The one to get him would be the one that is allowed to bid the highest which now would be the club with the most cash. Earlier, it was the club with the weakest squad. That's the difference.

It'd be the same if Messi was available for cash btw. You'd still be able to outbid anyone unlike earlier times. Remember Januzaj? Went to Reading when we both maxed out on him. That won't happen anymore.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
We can test the theory out by simply picking a random player and comparing our bids.

How much can you bid for Cornet at Pool? 18/80.
3,600,000 have 60m in the bank.