Gaming The SM RedCafe League

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Well you're obviously a mug then. I had 2 starting 89 rated players in my first team when I won the league. They're only 1 rating away from going up to 90, 88's are useful for backup squad players as shown by me using Fabinho, Willems and feck Berahino is 87 rated and i've been using him as a sub.

You're a rating snob.
I currently have decent rated players for all positions but I am lacking younger players so am trying to buy but no one will sell.

£25m for Eriksen ffs. He offered to me at £26m as well and withdrew a little later.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I currently have decent rated players for all positions but I am lacking younger players so am trying to buy but no one will sell.

£25m for Eriksen ffs. He offered to me at £26m as well and withdrew a little later.
A few hours and you didn't bid. You missed the window of opportunity.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Well yes, no one will sell highly rated young players for obvious reasons! You have to pick them up at 85-87 rated and get them rising in your own squad.

LitterBug

A few hours and you didn't bid. You missed the window of opportunity.
I only had £22m at the time if you agreed to the sale it would have been done straight away. You just offered him Herrera style. Would have withdrew if I accepted!

LitterBug

Well yes, no one will sell highly rated young players for obvious reasons! You have to pick them up at 85-87 rated and get them rising in your own squad.
He has youngsters rated much highger and with much better potential. Losing Eriksen will make NO difference fro him. Absolutely none. He is the player with the least potential and probably the one who will keep the lowest rating out of all his squad. That's why I picked him!

He's keeping him because he has an extremely solid squad, youngsters with fantastic potential and gets enough money every match to not care for it.

HOG!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He has youngsters rated much highger and with much better potential. Losing Eriksen will make NO difference fro him. Absolutely none. He is the player with the least potential and probably the one who will keep the lowest rating out of all his squad. That's why I picked him!

He's keeping him because he has an extremely solid squad, youngsters with fantastic potential and gets enough money every match to not care for it.

HOG!
He's made 27 appearances for Damien though (in matches that reduce fitness). So it would make a difference wouldn't it?

MJJ

He's made 27 appearances for Damien though (in matches that reduce fitness). So it would make a difference wouldn't it?
Havent akash,tmh and damien been rotating players so as not to develop concerns? So LB could have a valid point here.

Although I prefer lawnmos suggestion more.

LitterBug

It's because he hadn't bought Ozil or Vidal. He also bought Son!

He'll be reduced to even less but anyways.

Also just had a search out of curiosity more, as I am checking almost daily anyway, for young players 85+ and 98% are taken while the rest have no potential.

The GW is oversaturated and around 10 of the teams have not only got the best players but also the best talent. A lowering of the FFP cap by 5 would make 50 or so of those available to the other 30 teams with everyone having a chance to get someone. 5 players less won't make a difference to a team of 45 nor would it to a team of 50 but a massive difference for everyone else.

Obviously it is in your interest to want to keep your players and there's nothing we can do but people will eventually get bored of watching a bunch of you trade the best players and buy the best youngsters and leave you to yourselves again and I'm sure you won't mind tha but then why allow people to join at all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
As already been proven there were plenty of young players 85+ available. You just didn't bother to buy them.

Look at Herrera and Green Smiley who managed to shoot up the youth table by buying the right young players. A new season began and you didn't contest for any of the risers, it's your own fault.

LitterBug

As already been proven there were plenty of young players 85+ available. You just didn't bother to buy them.

Look at Herrera and Green Smiley who managed to shoot up the youth table by buying the right young players. A new season began and you didn't contest for any of the risers, it's your own fault.
Yea of course ignore all the other points and reply by telling me that your squads deadwood was available to buy. Tell me by how many will Knoche rise this season? Or even better how many games is he going to actually play? You know that very well considering you sold him.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother tbh. You're all as selfish as each other and of course you'd have each other's back as its in all your interests.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's because he hadn't bought Ozil or Vidal. He also bought Son!

He'll be reduced to even less but anyways.

Also just had a search out of curiosity more, as I am checking almost daily anyway, for young players 85+ and 98% are taken while the rest have no potential.

The GW is oversaturated and around 10 of the teams have not only got the best players but also the best talent. A lowering of the FFP cap by 5 would make 50 or so of those available to the other 30 teams with everyone having a chance to get someone. 5 players less won't make a difference to a team of 45 nor would it to a team of 50 but a massive difference for everyone else.

Obviously it is in your interest to want to keep your players and there's nothing we can do but people will eventually get bored of watching a bunch of you trade the best players and buy the best youngsters and leave you to yourselves again and I'm sure you won't mind tha but then why allow people to join at all.
feck off, do some scouting there is plenty of websites to help you and stop complaining.

MJJ

Yea of course ignore all the other points and reply by telling me that your squads deadwood was available to buy. Tell me by how many will Knoche rise this season? Or even better how many games is he going to actually play? You know that very well considering you sold him.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother tbh. You're all as selfish as each other and of course you'd have each other's back as its in all your interests.
Barring MJJ, right?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Hell to the No!

But I do see his point of better distribution of the talent through out the league, although the new rules are supposed to be doing just that.
Thats what LB is on about, it was never really going to distribute the current talent it was only ever going to effect the scouting talent and LB is giving out because he doesn't scout and doesn't see the point in scouting players and waiting years for them to grow.

LitterBug

feck off, do some scouting there is plenty of websites to help you and stop complaining.
I do plenty of scouting thanks but all the players young and old are taken and the ones I do get to bid on I get outbid because you know all the money you all have and make trading with each other.

Peace out.

MJJ

Thats what LB is on about, it was never really going to distribute the current talent it was only ever going to effect the scouting talent and LB is giving out because he doesn't scout and doesn't see the point in scouting players and waiting years for them to grow.
Nah, I think he wants a restriction on the higher rated players per team since there arent enough to go around. Instead of having a fixed squad cap, we can have a squad cap per rating gap (95-99,90-95,85-90 and so on). Where you can substitute between structures like one 95-99= two 90-95 or four 80-90 etc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Hell to the No!

But I do see his point of better distribution of the talent through out the league, although the new rules are supposed to be doing just that.
Which it is if you look at the riser distribution, hardly any of them have gone to the top teams. Litterbug simply didn't buy any because he's too lazy to buy them at 75-80 rating like the rest of us do. Which is great news for those that did bother to do scouting and buy up risers, they managed to get the new crop of youngsters largely trouble free. I was pulling my hair out at the amount of players that have been bought with no competition while back in the day when there was no FFP every riser was battled over.

I remember having to sell 3 of my first team players to be able to get the money to purchase risers in Season 3. He has no point, he simply wants it his own way while the rest of us spend time and buy risers. In 2014 I only bought one player that was rated 89 or higher and that was Firmino. It's not even like he's only just joined the league either, he's been here for at least 1 full SM season now and yet he has no youth worth mentioning at all.

It's not the fault of the league, it's his transfer policy that's the problem. Smiley will confirm how easy he's had it picking out all of the risers this year, him, Ipswich and Darlington have bought up some great talent. I've given some names to some managers as well to help them out. He has no argument.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I wish i bought Durm after looking at Redskys list, really light at left back.

@RedSky the one thing Lb has going against him is there is a lot of us quicker at finding talent than him
It takes all of 10minutes to check a league in transfermarket for young players. Or he asks for help, for some tips etc. I give them out to those who ask nicely as @langster, Bristol City and Cardiff City managers will know.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
1st - Manchester United (8.95)
2nd - Manchester City (8.37)
3rd - Nottingham Forest (8.13)
4th - Arsenal (7.91)
5th - Newcastle United (7.56)
6th - Tottenham Hotspur (7.29)
7th - Everton (7.23)
8th - Liverpool (7.14)
9th - Fulham (7.03)
10th - Sunderland (7.00)