Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Oh and the reason I laughed at that opening bid and called it a case of fooling the newbie is because that's what he tried to get him for and then later goes on to tell him people are vultures and he should ask for lb for advice @MJJ

MJJ

@langster sorry net being shit, yeah am not blaming you for the whole thing but I can understand why LB is pissed as well and is grouping everyone(those that were serious and thsoe that were joking) together.

MJJ

It's the 4.5mil + grujic offer that I called a rip off. 20mil on top is a fair deal which is why my post here was to ask how and when he's getting the additional 10mil and not to mock the deal.
Oh and the reason I laughed at that opening bid and called it a case of fooling the newbie is because that's what he tried to get him for and then later goes on to tell him people are vultures and he should ask for lb for advice @MJJ
Yeah his opening offer was really bad but based on that convo he gives fair warning to the newb before he accepts the deal so wouldnt call him taking advantage of it. So to keep repeating his opening bid, which he didnt push for or started with, is unfair imo.

Norris

Palace have been taken, so Leicester, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Leeds and Hull in Div 2

Also plenty of lower division clubs available (Div 3, 4, 5) if you want a challenge @Ijazz17
Yep, applied for a D3 team (watford). Would have preferred Leicester though. Since I am new to this, just thought I'd pick an average team and see what I can do with it.

Varun

Staff
Yeah his opening offer was really bad but based on that convo he gives fair warning to the newb before he accepts the deal so wouldnt call him taking advantage of it. So to keep repeating his opening bid, which he didnt push for or started with, is unfair imo.
The final deal is a fair one, so there's no question of taking advantage. That's about the first bid which he started with and did try to sell so it isn't unfair to say he tried to rip the newbie off.

As you can see, I didn't mock the deal or suggest he was getting ripped off. I asked him to ensure he gets the 10mil timely seeing as the game doesn't allow cash transfers. That's why this entire rant and pathetic name calling is ridiculous.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Squad Size Restrictions (FFP)
  1. Manchester United - 42
  2. Arsenal - 45
  3. Manchester City - 46
  4. Newcastle United - 47
  5. Liverpool - 48
  6. Sunderland - 48
  7. Aston Villa - 49
  8. Blackburn Rovers - 49
  9. Chelsea - 49
  10. Everton - 49
  11. Fulham - 49
  12. Norwich City - 49
  13. Nottingham Forest - 49
  14. Southampton - 49
  15. Tottenham Hotspur - 49
  16. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 49
  17. Darlington 1883 - 50
  18. Plymouth Argyle - 50
  19. Bolton Wanderers - 51
  20. Stoke City - 51
  21. West Ham United - 51
  22. Milton Keynes Dons - 52
  23. Bristol City - 53
  24. Derby County - 53
  25. Birmingham City - 54
  26. Ipswich Town - 54
  27. West Bromwich Albion - 54
  28. Barnsley - 55
  29. Cardiff City - 55
  30. Charlton Athletic - 55
  31. Crystal Palace - 55
  32. Queens Park Rangers - 55
  33. Reading - 55
  34. Sheffield United - 55
  35. AFC Bournemouth - 56
  36. Huddersfield Town - 57
  37. Bury - 58
  38. Southend United - 58
  39. Watford - 58
  40. Kidderminster Harriers - 61
  41. Hereford FC - 65

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I see his rant being ridiculous only because it's about a stupid game with an even more stupid game engine. But he does have some valid points when he's referring to the vertical spine of some people in the SoccerManager world. Everybody knows how the league is - and still people are trying to take advantage of new users when they already have lots of good players in their hands. Probably LB got angry because he felt he is being taken for a fool not because he's not getting Daley Blind.

Maybe if we would all use only the instruments available ingame these kind of upsets would not appear. I am speaking about - i sell you Neymar for 20m now and you have to sell him back to me next year - kind of things...

Is it worth hijacking the transfer of virtual player in a virtual game with the risk of ending up playing against AI teams? I rather choose playing with real people and having a laugh about the results on here after the games.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Many posts tldr. Apart from this one.
To be honest Herrera and Dom have both offered me players and been really nice about it. Other than that I can't afford to buy anyone from managed clubs, I did make a joke with Damien about a player although was half serious, and he would have honoured it if I wanted to complete the deal, which I thought was really nice and admirable of him. MG also let me know about a decent player to buy as well. RS and That stinky reak TS have been really helpful in other aspects of the game too and SeaNNN when he played was hepful as well. Everyone seems to be cool and I've had great fun playing and really enjoyed it.

It's been great for me lately since my haemorrhage/aneurysm as it's take up a lot of my time and helped me relax and helped with my concentration and stuff when I search and research players. To be honest, without this place, I probably would still be in hospital. Although I'm still in the danger zone and am not guaranteed to survive it/suffer another one I can say the Caf and SM have both been amazing for me and everyone has been great, it's made me deal with recovery (so far) an awful lot easier than I think it could have been. So thanks so much to you all for that.
I'm glad to hear it's helped you my love. Gonna have to raid your squad at some point. Take care, weirdo <3

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I have an old help convo so anyone that wants to have a look just say so.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Now I just need to work out how to play it
Just poke me ingame for anything, I'll gladly help out. (I'm Ipswich)
And be ware of the more experienced vultures, they will try to trick you into selling them your best players! :D

I'll give two quick tips that i think are very central in how this game works.

- It is not like FM, where you develop players by using them, you need to keep an eye on how they perform in real life, and if you can find unknown talents that have been linked to bigger clubs. This is quite hard, since these guys have played this game for years, and basically found all of them :p
- Don't sell any player before you know your team and the game properly.

Bonus tip
Don't accept a bid, then cancel, they will sit behind their computers, looking at your name, and frown!
Might even also raise their fist and say "you stupid cnut!!!"

Varun

Staff
Just poke me ingame for anything, I'll gladly help out. (I'm Ipswich)
And be ware of the more experienced vultures, they will try to trick you into selling them your best players! :D

I'll give two quick tips that i think are very central in how this game works.

- It is not like FM, where you develop players by using them, you need to keep an eye on how they perform in real life, and if you can find unknown talents that have been linked to bigger clubs. This is quite hard, since these guys have played this game for years, and basically found all of them :p
- Don't sell any player before you know your team and the game properly.

Bonus tip
Don't accept a bid, then cancel, they will sit behind their computers, looking at your name, and frown!
Might even also raise their fist and say "you stupid cnut!!!
"

Norris

Is it a bad idea to bid for a lot of players at the same time ? Or Do I get a chance to cancel a transfer if my priority one's go through ?

Norris

Although I wouldn't recommend for example, you have 2 places left, yet you bid for 3 or more and decide to cancel some bids later
I have like 39 players on the roster and my squad limit is 58. So that won't be an issue. It's just that I bid for 3 players playing in identical positions. Suppose all three bids go through, do I then get an option to confirm/reject the bid so that only my priority one passes ?

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
I have like 39 players on the roster and my squad limit is 58. So that won't be an issue. It's just that I bid for 3 players playing in identical positions. Suppose all three bids go through, do I then get an option to confirm/reject the bid so that only my priority one passes ?
If you are buying from AIs, go ahead

Varun

Staff
You get about 12hrs between a bid being accepted and the deal being concluded so you can cancel then. Do so only when dealing with AI. Cancelling deals between managers is frowned upon to put it mildly.

Norris

If you are buying from AIs, go ahead
You get about 12hrs between a bid being accepted and the deal being concluded so you can cancel then. Do so only when dealing with AI. Cancelling deals between managers is frowned upon to put it mildly.
Lol, thanks lads. Honestly, most of you guys have very expensive players who I can't afford or take on loan even. So dealing with AI atm.