Gaming The SM RedCafe League

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I'd say cut your losses to be honest (well, I say cut your losses but you'll probably end up selling him for Neymar and Lewandowski somehow). He's reverting to how he was under the most successful team in the league and Spurs.
I'm not giving up on him so fast. The weird thing is that he has the best overall average performance in the team. He gets 8's and 9's every time somehow. Last season i tried a lot of tactics and he only seemed to score in 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. I don't really want to play around with tactics much as we aren't doing too badly but i might have to. Ronaldo > Everton.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not giving up on him so fast. The weird thing is that he has the best overall average performance in the team. He gets 8's and 9's every time somehow. Last season i tried a lot of tactics and he only seemed to score in 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. I don't really want to play around with tactics much as we aren't doing too badly but i might have to. Ronaldo > Everton.
Standard Ronaldo but your loss.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Have fun lads, i decided to quit, after just 6-7 games in charge.
Didn't enjoy the game. Maybe i would have enjoyed it more had i joined from day 1.
Starting years later, was just boring.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
In a typical Game World, with 38 league games, a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 10, 22 and 32.

When deciding the maximum number of games a player could potentially play, all games where a player can lose fitness are counted.

For example, if a player has played 15 games in all competitions, and 23 games have been played so far this season, then the player would have played in 65% of games.

With regards to substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match.

For example, if a player has played 15 games in all competitions and come on as a substitute 8 times and 23 games have been played so far this season, then the player would have played in 82% of games.

Within your squad:
  • the highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games;
  • players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or above, will expect to play in approximately 75% of games;
  • players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or above, will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games.
  • the rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) games.
Goalkeepers are worked out slightly differently, with your highest rated and those 88 or above expecting to play in approximately 90% of games.

If a player plays less games than he would have wanted he still might not develop a concern or increase a level but the level is likely to stay the same not decrease.

For example, if a player expects to play in approximately 75% of games but actually plays in 70%, then his morale may decrease but he may not develop a concern.

A player may still develop a concern despite him playing 10 or 15 games in a row, as at the time he evaluates his season, the total games played is still below how many he would have wanted to have played by this stage of the season.

For example, if a player expects to play in approximately 75% of games, and from Turn 1 they only play in 2 games out of a possible 10, when it comes to Turn 10 they will develop a Level 1 concern due to only featuring in 20% of games.

If you then start playing them from Turn 10 and they play in the next 12 games (out of a possible 12), when it comes to Turn 22, his concern will increase to Level 2 due to only playing in 14 games out of a possible 22, which is 63% of games.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Okay, so SM has changed the rules overnight
SM Forum said:
Quite right so I've merged the two topics.

This was the help article when the topic was created - "When deciding the maximum number of games a player could potentially play, they only consider league games but when counting the number of games they have played, all games where a player can lose fitness are counted."

It now says

When deciding the maximum number of games a player could potentially play, all games where a player can lose fitness are counted.

They have definitely changed it.
It has affected most people as well

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/158567-have-player-concerns-been-changed/

Varun

Staff
Thats a daft rule change given you have to rest players for cup games otherwise their fitness is shagged.
Yes, it's illogical. Good luck keeping player fitness good when there are 2 league games and a cup game in 5 days.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Thats a daft rule change given you have to rest players for cup games otherwise their fitness is shagged.
Yes, it's illogical. Good luck keeping player fitness good when there are 2 league games and a cup game in 5 days.
I think it is doable with proper planning

It is not like if your best player played 80% instead of 85% then he will raise concern

Damien

Staff
Okay, so SM has changed the rules overnight

It has affected most people as well

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/158567-have-player-concerns-been-changed/
Interesting times ahead then. I rotate more than most and am screwed.

Will be fine
David de Gea (93) - 100%
Ricardo Rodriguez (91) - 88%
Jose Luis Gaya (89) - 50%
Jerome Boateng (94) - 88%
Joël Matip (89) - 41%
John Stones (89) - 36%
Sergi Roberto (89) - 55%
Gareth Bale (94) - 83%
Lionel Messi (99) - 88%
Anthony Martial (89) - 41%

No idea
Serge Aurier (90) - 73%
Christian Eriksen (91) - 59%
Memphis Depay (90) - 41%
Raheem Sterling (90) - 41%
Heung-Min Son (90) - 50%

Will get a concern
Sergio Ramos (95) - 75%
Paul Pogba (93) - 73%
Alarcon Isco (92) - 68%
Bernardo Silva (89) - 32%
Mesut Özil (94) - 64%
Mario Götze (93) - 68%
Antoine Griezmann (93) - 68%

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Will be fine
David de Gea (93) - 100%
Joël Matip (89) - 41%
John Stones (89) - 36%
Sergi Roberto (89) - 55%
Gareth Bale (94) - 83%
Lionel Messi (99) - 88%

No idea
Serge Aurier (90) - 73%
Memphis Depay (90) - 41%
Heung-Min Son (90) - 50%

Will get a concern
Sergio Ramos (95) - 75%
Paul Pogba (93) - 73%
Alarcon Isco (92) - 68%
Mesut Özil (94) - 64%
Mario Götze (93) - 68%
Oh dear. :lol:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Will be fine
David de Gea (93) - 100%
Joël Matip (89) - 41%
John Stones (89) - 36%
Sergi Roberto (89) - 55%
Gareth Bale (94) - 83%
Lionel Messi (99) - 88%

No idea
Serge Aurier (90) - 73%
Memphis Depay (90) - 41%
Heung-Min Son (90) - 50%

Will get a concern
Sergio Ramos (95) - 75%
Paul Pogba (93) - 73%
Alarcon Isco (92) - 68%
Mesut Özil (94) - 64%
Mario Götze (93) - 68%
Its going to effect us all and its not just the 90+ its the 88,89s as well, but im sure we can all work something out in the short term.

Damien

Staff
Its going to effect us all and its not just the 90+ its the 88,89s as well, but im sure we can all work something out in the short term.
Yeah, we will.

This system only encourages teams to be knocked out of the various cups early. Easier to manage X amount of players over 38 games than X amount of players over 50.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yeah, we will.

This system only encourages teams to be knocked out of the various cups early. Easier to manage X amount of players over 38 games than X amount of players over 50.
The 2 ways out of this are once we reach level 4 you swap with someone else who has a concern as well for 60 days and swap back or to take a chance on selling to an external for 7 days