Gaming The SM RedCafe League

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Totally forgot that you couldn't do PE's with a team in Ipswich' situation so nice that sally took charge :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
1-0 win at home to 1st place Wimbledon. Yet another game where the opponent doesn't manage a shot on target. Another clean sheet and 2 Hereford records broken.

Hereford League Form since Phil K took charge:

Won: 7
Draw: 1
Lost: 0

Goals: 22
Goals Conceded: 2
Clean Sheets: 6 in a row

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Nice work winners. For some reason my stored tactics decided to change my striker for a defender at 75 minutes. :mad: Probably cost me a win, but at least it didn't cost me the game.

The Stain

Nice work winners. For some reason my stored tactics decided to change my striker for a defender at 75 minutes. :mad: Probably cost me a win, but at least it didn't cost me the game.
Did you change players in the lineup for this game? If so, you need to change the in-game instructions as well, otherwise that will happen.

langster

Scout
Did you change players in the lineup for this game? If so, you need to change the in-game instructions as well, otherwise that will happen.
Yeah, I changed from my cup team back to my first team and forgot about that. Also really pissed off as when I was in the Isle of Wight and just before I got taken to hospital I put a bid in for Luuk De Jong because he has scored over 40 goals this season and I thought he was a cert for a rise despite being in the Dutch league. However the new guy at Blackpool bid as well so I upped my bid and added Joel Drommel with cash as I was maxed on my cash limit, but decided I wanted to keep him so changed the bid on my phone to cash plus another player instead.

When I got back home a couple of days ago I realised that because of my stupid phone (and morphined state) I actually bid cash + the player I wanted to use in part exchange AND Joel Drommel as well. That meant I paid well over the odds for De Jong AND lost a player I wanted to keep. :mad: And when I went to buy him back others were in too. However there may be a silver lining because he has broken his foot and is out for a few months, so maybe it was a lucky escape, but still miffed because of my feckin stupid phone. Or should I say, the daft way SM functions on my phone.

langster

Scout
At least he broke his foot, eh? (lel)

@Damien , did Memphis get 90 whilst at PSV?
Yeah, and apparently his recovery isn't going too well, but still miffed about it.

Are you asking Damo because that would be relevant to De Jong rising while still at PSV? Surely he should rise regardless? The whole team should rise really, I also have Davy Propper who is still an 87 yet he has scored shed loads of goals for a central midfielder and he had many motm performances including one against United in the CL. I'm hoping he goes to an 89. He deserves it!.

Mind you, I am hoping Ilicic from Fiorentina goes to a 90 as does Raffael from Borussia, as both have had outstanding seasons for their clubs. They really both deserve a rise.

The Stain

I'm asking cause Memphis. If he got it (even though he was hyped through the roof), then De Jong should get it after a season like this.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, and apparently his recovery isn't going too well, but still miffed about it.

Are you asking Damo because that would be relevant to De Jong rising while still at PSV? Surely he should rise regardless? The whole team should rise really, I also have Davy Propper who is still an 87 yet he has scored shed loads of goals for a central midfielder and he had many motm performances including one against United in the CL. I'm hoping he goes to an 89. He deserves it!.

Mind you, I am hoping Ilicic from Fiorentina goes to a 90 as does Raffael from Borussia, as both have had outstanding seasons for their clubs. They really both deserve a rise.
Teams and leagues have rating caps mate. As Memphis didn't get 90 while at PSV, no one will unless they have increased the cap for the league which I doubt.

Memphis didn't get 90 at PSV @The Stain

langster

Scout
I'm asking cause Memphis. If he got it (even though he was hyped through the roof), then De Jong should get it after a season like this.
it.

Are you asking Damo because that would be relevant to De Jong rising while still at PSV?
Is that not what I said you feckin great numpty? :houllier:

The Stain

That's discouraging, Varun. Pröpper i remember checking out ages ago. He was being linked to Napoli then but i can only see rumours with Ajax now. Might get a move in the summer.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Yeah, I changed from my cup team back to my first team and forgot about that. Also really pissed off as when I was in the Isle of Wight and just before I got taken to hospital I put a bid in for Luuk De Jong because he has scored over 40 goals this season and I thought he was a cert for a rise despite being in the Dutch league. However the new guy at Blackpool bid as well so I upped my bid and added Joel Drommel with cash as I was maxed on my cash limit, but decided I wanted to keep him so changed the bid on my phone to cash plus another player instead.

When I got back home a couple of days ago I realised that because of my stupid phone (and morphined state) I actually bid cash + the player I wanted to use in part exchange AND Joel Drommel as well. That meant I paid well over the odds for De Jong AND lost a player I wanted to keep. :mad: And when I went to buy him back others were in too. However there may be a silver lining because he has broken his foot and is out for a few months, so maybe it was a lucky escape, but still miffed because of my feckin stupid phone. Or should I say, the daft way SM functions on my phone.
42 appearances :nono: (29 goals)

The Stain

When i searched for the recent articles about De Jong all that came up was someone saying how Janssen is better than De Jong and sure enough Mr. GS pops in :lol:

langster

Scout
42 appearances :nono: (29 goals)
Don't wag your finger at me, I'm not a child, you patronising feck! eye rolling smiley on phone

And my mistake, Yeah 29 goals and 10 assists.

When i searched for the recent articles about De Jong all that came up was someone saying how Janssen is better than De Jong and sure enough Mr. GS pops in :lol:
Yeah I saw those too. But I just thought with the form he is showing De Jong must me in for a rise or a transfer to a top club where he will get one just for signing.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, RS told me that too. But surely both Fiorentina and Borrusia who both have 90 rated players in their squads, are both teams who should be in the higher tier?
Dortmund have a much higher cap, hummels for instance is 93 reus is 94 auba 92 etc. Don't know about Fiorentina as I don't follow the Serie A

Varun

Staff
That's discouraging, Varun. Pröpper i remember checking out ages ago. He was being linked to Napoli then but i can only see rumours with Ajax now. Might get a move in the summer.
Well it makes sense in a way. Dominating the weak leagues doesn't translate very well when a player moves higher so having caps accounts for that.

langster

Scout
Well it makes sense in a way. Dominating the weak leagues doesn't translate very well when a player moves higher so having caps accounts for that.
Yeah, but then they appear to get a rise just for signing for a bigger club which is misleading because for example, Memphis certainly doesn't warrant a feckin 90! 88 at most.

The Stain

Janssen will be 22 years old this June
Way too old. He won't develop more now. You should just sell him to me.

You have so many players i had shortlisted but didn't go for (including Janssen). How's Babic getting on btw?