Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If you invest right, the advantage that the people who started at the beginning have will almost be gone as their top players deteriorate in rating. Since league started, Rooney's gone down from 95 to 92 (and should be more, let's be honest).

My prized signing has been someone I signed when I took over Man Utd in December 2012. He was at Lyon, an obscure footballer in youth ranks and cost me £310k as a 75 rated player. Three years later in real life he was sold for a record fee as a teenager and is now 90 rated in the game. His name is Anthony Martial.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
@langster I totally agree and that's why I said that I didn't want a new one started just wish I was around when this one was.

I've spent most of my morning looking for different players and like I mentioned earlier I'm enjoying it. I'm just vocal at the moment as I'm trying to sign players off people that don't want to sell and the best way to do that is ask basically.

I've already noted down a couple of players that I want to pick up when they get added to the database as they aren't currently on yet.
You've got millions to spend, you'll get some quality players, just be on the lookout for young talented players, one of my first buys at Chelsea was Jesus and next season he'll more than likely be on reals bench, same goes for Sanchez at Bayern they were both 70s when I got them, being honest I found most of them on a few youth scouting sites.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
My prized signing has been someone I signed when I took over Man Utd in December 2012. He was at Lyon, an obscure footballer in youth ranks and cost me £310k as a 75 rated player. Three years later in real life he was sold for a record fee as a teenager and is now 90 rated in the game. His name is Anthony Martial.
No way Damo! You kept that quiet. You haven't mentioned that before, well done mate :) lol x

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!

- With about 3m cash at the start
- Only bought players 21 years old and below (except Dominique Heintz who was 22 years old back then) when the club started from Div 5, up till Div 3
- Never loan-in any player
- No dodgy deal like buy back, cash boost, or anything whatsoever
- 4 seasons of hard work

Damien

Staff
Some more examples:

Bernardo Silva - signed in May 2014 rated 80 (was in Benfica youth ranks at the time) - now 90 rated
Leon Goretzka - signed in Jan 2013 rated 75 for £700k (was at VfL Bochum) - now 89 rated
Eric Dier - signed in Nov 2014 rated 83 - now 90 rated
John Stones - signed in Feb 2013 rated 75 for £610k (a few days after he made his transfer from Barnsley to Everton) - now 89 rated

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I picked up Varane, Busquets and Griezmann for 400k each in another setup. It's funny how some like that work out, while in some other really competitive setups (gold championships for example) people would spend 99m on Pato or Bojan.

Damien

Staff
I picked up Varane, Busquets and Griezmann for 400k each in another setup. It's funny how some like that work out, while in some other really competitive setups (gold championships for example) people would spend 99m on Pato or Bojan.
Yep. For me the real pay-off in this game is scouting the lesser known players.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah I fully agree with you all. Obviously with the amount of money I've got I'm looking at some big names but I've also spent hours today trawling world cup youth squads and the likes.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

- With about 3m cash at the start
- Only bought players 21 years old and below (except Dominique Heintz who was 22 years old back then) when the club started from Div 5, up till Div 3
- Never loan-in any player
- No dodgy deal like buy back, cash boost, or anything whatsoever
- 4 seasons of hard work
Not to belittle your achievement (you've done great). We do have more Managers at this point than we ever have had. Ever. I also think you joined at a good time as most of us at that point were trying to get used to FFP.

The old value system was better for smaller clubs as you could afford to take punts on 75 rated players as they were relatively cheap. Now 75 rated players can be fecking expensive.

Last edited:

langster

Scout
Also the old value system was better for smaller clubs as you could afford to take punts on 75 rated players as they were relatively cheap. Now 75 rated players can be fecking expensive.
Yeah, that's very true. It wasn't that long ago you could pick youth players up for between £8k and £40k :(

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Not to belittle your achievement (you've done great). We do have more Managers at this point than we ever have had. Ever. I also think you joined at a good time as most of us at that point were trying to get used to FFP.

Also the old value system was better for smaller clubs as you could afford to take punts on 75 rated players as they were relatively cheap. Now 75 rated players can be fecking expensive.
Yeah, when I first joined, there were 28 managed clubs only, so that helped. Managers were selling players to meet FFP, but I think they were still savvy enough to keep the most talented ones

New entries are now relatively more expensive than previous system, and the increase in value is slow in the beginning. But if the player turns out great, the final value will be more than what it would be in the old system. Takes time though

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, when I first joined, there were 28 managed clubs only, so that helped. Managers were selling players to meet FFP, but I think they were still savvy enough to keep the most talented ones

New entries are now relatively more expensive than previous system, and the increase in value is slow in the beginning. But if the player turns out great, the final value will be more than what it would be in the old system. Takes time though
Yeah, problem is though if I want to bid on a 75 rated player. If you get involved for example then I have to pay as much as 1.6m to max out the bid... for a 75 rated player. :D

Something I simply cannot afford to do. So all the best players get taken by those that have the cash rather than us poor little lads. *sniff*

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I remember them raising the value of players in general, not just young players. Anyone remember that 89 rated Italian keeper Alberto Fontana that you could pick up for 10k? Cafu was another, Maldini was 91 rated and like 500k. I'm guessing it was for that reason. But anyway, when new players were introduced it was usually at 70 rated, which cost you 10k. Now it's a lot more expensive and you have to be sure about a young player. Not so easy to just take punts on everyone.

Varun

Staff
Yeah I fully agree with you all. Obviously with the amount of money I've got I'm looking at some big names but I've also spent hours today trawling world cup youth squads and the likes.
I just used soccerway. It's simple and very good to use. Basically lists the entire squad with age and appearance in one single screen so you can just monitor all the young kids in the big leaves making their debuts and doing well. No need to trawl through page after page looking for kids making their mark.

langster

Scout
What? When? What rating/age? Going back to 2012 value for 75 rated 18 year olds was around 300k
Eh? It was only this time last year I bought the young United keeper Joel Castro Pereira for £8k. Yup, £8000 :lol: Stupid me sold him though and he's worth £2.4 mill now. :(

Wino1

Eh? It was only this time last year I bought the young United keeper Joel Castro Pereira for £8k. Yup, £8000 :lol: Stupid me sold him though and he's worth £2.4 mill now. :(
Yeah I was suprised he wasn't at a managed club.

I technically got him 750k. Signed Lynden Gooch for 750k he rose from 70 to 78. Then swapped Gooch (1.6m) for Pereira, who then got a rise from 76 to 80 2 days later :drool:

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Is there any space left? What's the code to the league?

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Thank you! I see what I can do with shrewsbury or something :)

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You can always find talent. It'll just take a while for them to be first teamers. Do a good job at a lesser team and you'll be able to take over a top job in the future. Simple. Not if you're langster, though. He's sticking it out with Derby despite the fact he could have easily got the Sunderland gig or any top job before that. Kudos!

Damien

Staff
Manchester United Players available to loan (Division 2 clubs or lower)

Santi Mina (21/87 AM,F(RLC))
Estevão Dalbert (23/86 D,DM(L))
Georges-Kevin N'Koudou (21/86 AM,F(RL))
Tin Jedvaj (21/86 D(RLC))
Enes Ünal (19/83 F(C))
Kylian Mbappé (18/83 AM(RL),F(RLC))
Mikel Merino (20/82 DM,M,AM(C))
Charly Musonda (20/82 AM(RLC),F(RL))
Malang Sarr (17/80 D(LC))
Sam McQueen (21/80 D,DM,M(L),AM(RLC))
Lorenzo Callegari (18/75 M(C))
Brahim Diaz (17/75 AM(RLC))
Marcus Edwards (18/73 AM(RLC))

Manchester United Players with loan agreements

John Stones (22/89 D(RC) - Derby County)
Luke Shaw (21/88 D,DM(L) - West Ham United)
Kurt Zouma (22/88 D(RC),DM(C) - Bristol City)
Marco Benassi (22/88 DM,M(C) - Hereford FC)
Arkadiusz Milik (22/88 AM,F(RLC) - Bristol City)
Calum Chambers (21/87 D(RC),DM(C) - Bolton Wanderers)
Ederson Moraes (23/86 GK - Morecambe)

Only condition of loans: if player doesn't play 60% of league games (whether as starter or sub), first option on loan for following season is revoked - mainly applies to the 88 rated players or higher as they're the most in demand.

Wino1

@Wino1 remove any bids you have made. Your FFP is 49 but your squad size is 50. Until you sell players you can't buy any more.
All my bids currently include p/e. Also Dominguez retires in a few days which takes me back to 49. Don't worry I have it covered. Didn't see an issue going over for a few days while I wait for Dominguez to retire. Apologies if there was.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
All my bids currently include p/e. Also Dominguez retires in a few days which takes me back to 49. Don't worry I have it covered. Didn't see an issue going over for a few days while I wait for Dominguez to retire. Apologies if there was.
The system is designed to stop people hoarding players. If anyone goes over their limit they can no longer sign anyone until they go back down to their limit. Your limit is 49, so unless you're P/E two players for 1 then you can't sign anyone until Dominguez has officially retired (which will be tomorrow Morning).

So i'd cancel any bids thats 1/1. If you don't and you sign someone while over your limit you'll receive a Transfer ban, which wouldn't be a good idea! :p

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If your limit is 49 it should be 48 before you bid on any other player.

Wino1

The system is designed to stop people hoarding players. If anyone goes over their limit they can no longer sign anyone until they go back down to their limit. Your limit is 49, so unless you're P/E two players for 1 then you can't sign anyone until Dominguez has officially retired (which will be tomorrow Morning).

So i'd cancel any bids thats 1/1. If you don't and you sign someone while over your limit you'll receive a Transfer ban, which wouldn't be a good idea! :p
A transfer ban is pretty pointless for someone who has a full squad.

I'll sort it. Haha

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You can bid on a player if you're on your limit Karel as long as the deal has a player going the other way.

I.E. Trying to sign Fred Flintstone for 4m + Barney Rubble.

As you'd be losing 1 player and gaining 1, so back on 49. :)

Wino1

As I've said, I have only gone over as Dominguez is retiring. Didn't think it would cause an issue. Especially as it's the end of the season. However it seems to have upset a few. Like I previously said I apologise.

Wino1

I have also tried releasing him but it won't let me for some stupid reason.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
As I've said, I have only gone over as Dominguez is retiring. Didn't think it would cause an issue. Especially as it's the end of the season. However it seems to have upset a few. Like I previously said I apologise.
It's no problem. We're just very strict when it comes to FFP. It's the sole reason why this gameworld is competitive so we need to ensure that the rules are obeyed. :)

Wino1

It's no problem. We're just very strict when it comes to FFP. It's the sole reason why this gameworld is competitive so we need to ensure that the rules are obeyed. :)
Yes I understand. Just find it a little ott in this situation.