Gaming The SM RedCafe League

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
-------------Cech----------
Alves--Ginter-Pique-Lahm
--------Modric-Vidal------
Costa------Mata----James
-----------Higuain---------

Just need a better centre half to start ahead of Ginter really.

Varun

Staff
Arsenal loan status:

Barbosa - RS
Pereira - Frank Castle
Torres - Harshad
Embolo, Silva - Ijazz
Hazard - 2mufc0

Rest of them are available.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yeah I saw that earlier, very nice :) Thanks mate. Not sure what difference that will make though, Abraham has scored 17 and top scorer in the Championship and he only got a fecking +3 to 80. And Lookman got a transfer to Everton and is still only a 78. I think Ben Yedder could score 50 this season and he would stay at 88. :(
bigger leagues tend to get the bigger rises, its the reason tammy didnt get a higher rise, when he goes on loan to a PL or dutch side next year and starts banging in the goals again he will be recognised then even though he is a big prospect now.

@P-Nut0712 what the boys have said, hide your bids and bid minimum until someone else starts bidding.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
bigger leagues tend to get the bigger rises, its the reason tammy didnt get a higher rise, when he goes on loan to a PL or dutch side next year and starts banging in the goals again he will be recognised then even though he is a big prospect now.
Thanks mate, I sincerely hope so. :)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Enjoying this so far just so frustrating thinking of obscure players that might be at un managed clubs only to see them at teams like Darlington :lol:

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Southend Utd La Liga players

Prediction
  • Yeray Alvarez (21/78): an optimistic +6 (get well soon)
  • Jorge Mere (19/85): hopefully + 1
  • Iago Aspas (29/88): hopefully + 1
  • Ignacio Camacho (26/89): no change
  • Fernandez Nacho (26/87): + 1
  • Gabriel Mercado (29/88): + 1
  • Diogo Jota (20/83): +2
Mere + 1 as predicted

Southend Utd La Liga players
  • Jorge Mere (19/85): + 1 (to 86)

P-Nut

There is a search feature in the game
Yeah I'm using the search feature but because all the top players are gone I'm now looking further down at potential players that will get a rating boost the next time it rolls around. Everyone seems to have already done that though so I'm having to come up with new strategies :lol:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yeah I'm using the search feature but because all the top players are gone I'm now looking further down at potential players that will get a rating boost the next time it rolls around. Everyone seems to have already done that though so I'm having to come up with new strategies :lol:
look through transfermarkt and look for youth footballer websites

Wino1

Welcome to my world. That's why I have a full squad (ffp), and a team full of 89's. Joining the game now is very difficult. Just got to find the next gem and wait 5 years for them to hit the 90's :lol:. Not an overnight game, shame you can't hit holiday mode like FM:D

P-Nut

Welcome to my world. That's why I have a full squad (ffp), and a team full of 89's. Joining the game now is very difficult. Just got to find the next gem and wait 5 years for them to hit the 90's :lol:. Not an overnight game, shame you can't hit holiday mode like FM:D
Yeah it's a nightmare. I just hope to be around when the next one starts up so I can play from the beginning.

Varun

Staff
Yeah it's a nightmare. I just hope to be around when the next one starts up so I can play from the beginning.
There's unlikely to ever be a next one for a while now. I'd say plan for this gw, however it may be.

Wino1

I tried to get this talk started a few weeks ago, it was shot down :nervous:. Either give up now or stay for the long haul ;)

P-Nut

There's unlikely to ever be a next one for a while now. I'd say plan for this gw, however it may be.
I tried to get this talk started a few weeks ago, it was shot down :nervous:. Either give up now or stay for the long haul ;)
Oh no I'm here for the long haul but I was talking about RS' new game that he is making. I wouldn't expect everyone to want to start over after years and years of getting their teams to where they want to be

Varun

Staff
Oh no I'm here for the long haul but I was talking about RS' new game that he is making. I wouldn't expect everyone to want to start over after years and years of getting their teams to where they want to be
Ah yes. That should be good.

We did actually start a new league some time back to let everyone start together. It just didn't last unfortunately as people can't be arsed anymore with starting afresh. The game isn't good enough for that.

P-Nut

Ah yes. That should be good.

We did actually start a new league some time back to let everyone start together. It just didn't last unfortunately as people can't be arsed anymore with starting afresh. The game isn't good enough for that.
Yeah I fully understand also the problem of everyone knowing which players to buy straight away causes the same teams to get built with just a few adjustments.

You looking to sell anyone by the way. Looking at your squad Tielemans seems like he isn't needed.

Varun

Staff
Yeah I fully understand also the problem of everyone knowing which players to buy straight away causes the same teams to get built with just a few adjustments.

You looking to sell anyone by the way. Looking at your squad Tielemans seems like he isn't needed.
Naah, no one's for sale for cash. Tielemans is a long term buy.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You'll struggle to buy anyone in this league for cash, unless you overpay. Money is basically worthless at this point.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
people can't be arsed anymore with starting afresh. The game isn't good enough for that.
I don't think it's just that though mate, I think it's also not fair on people who have serious amounts of time invested in this game. People like yourself, Damo, Ben, B-R, Christy, Phil, etc you all have YEARS! in this game, and you have all built your teams up over the time you have been here. This argument is always the same and it always comes around when new players join. Every time new people join they always have the same gripes about players but it's just tough shit really, It wouldn't be fair to start a new GW just because the newer people joining don't have the top players. I was no different I wanted the best players too. However, I think most come round to working things out and understanding it and accepting it. When they realise how the game works and how long term it is then they either love it and stick around and wouldn't want it changed or a new world started, or they leave because it wasn't for them anyway.

I've only been playing for just over a year and am still struggling with finding decent players for my first team but I have a few, I've bought reasonably well and have had 4 of my first team rise to 90 inside a year, and I also have some very promising young players. As you well know mate, half the fun of this game, actually nearly ALL the fun of this game is scouting for young players, finding hidden gems nobody else has heard of, or beating everyone else to that new youngster who was only added today, then watching your youngster grow and rise and hoping he gets to play in your first team. To be perfectly honest, if I had the chance to start over again I would join in the 5th division from scratch and work my way up through the leagues with youngsters just the same as Phil is doing and like GS has done. That's where the real fun in this game is, however nobody thinks that when they first join, they all want to be in with the big boys in Division One and they all want to be able to buy Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez straight away, when they find out that they can't even get Denis or Mario Suarez, well they start to get a little upset. :lol:

Varun

Staff
You'll struggle to buy anyone in this league for cash, unless you overpay. Money is basically worthless at this point.
Money is useful for the ones who have squad space and are still active scouting and put the money back into the squad. People like me, damo etc are on squad cap with a tonne of money so there's no point stocking more cash.

Varun

Staff
I don't think it's just that though mate, I think it's also not fair on people who have serious amounts of time invested in this game. People like yourself, Damo, Ben, B-R, Christy, Phil, etc you all have YEARS! in this game, and you have all built your teams up over the time you have been here. This argument is always the same and it always comes around when new players join. Every time new people join they always have the same gripes about players but it's just tough shit really, It wouldn't be fair to start a new GW just because the newer people joining don't have the top players. I was no different I wanted the best players too. However, I think most come round to working things out and understanding it and accepting it. When they realise how the game works and how long term it is then they either love it and stick around and wouldn't want it changed or a new world started, or they leave because it wasn't for them anyway.

I've only been playing for just over a year and am still struggling with finding decent players for my first team but I have a few, I've bought reasonably well and have had 4 of my first team rise to 90 inside a year, and I also have some very promising young players. As you well know mate, half the fun of this game, actually nearly ALL the fun of this game is scouting for young players, finding hidden gems nobody else has heard of, or beating everyone else to that new youngster who was only added today, then watching your youngster grow and rise and hoping he gets to play in your first team. To be perfectly honest, if I had the chance to start over again I would join in the 5th division from scratch and work my way up through the leagues with youngsters just the same as Phil is doing and like GS has done. That's where the real fun in this game is, however nobody thinks that when they first join, they all want to be in with the big boys in Division One and they all want to be able to buy Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez straight away, when they find out that they can't even get Denis or Mario Suarez, well they start to get a little upset. :lol:
Agree with all of that man. As you said, you grow attached to the squad you build and watching them grow is where it's at. I remember taking over this Arsenal side from maniak and had about 50mil in the bank. The entire first squad bar fabregas and Hart has changed now and I have an amazing set of youngsters who I bought when they were 75 odd rated who are now in the high 80s and in a couple of years, will be in the first 11. That's what I'm playing for now which is why I said the game in itself (the match engine) isn't worth the effort. It's all about scouting these kids and watching them grow. Take telemans for instance who pnut wanted, bought him the day he was added on the DB :drool:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Darlington also started from Div 5 I think
Yep. First to go from Division 5 to Division 1, have never been relegated and have won 6 cups. If you look at his squad now, he was in a situation to many of the new players despite starting from the start. He went for young, promising, low rated players and grew his squad that way.

P-Nut

@langster I totally agree and that's why I said that I didn't want a new one started just wish I was around when this one was.

I've spent most of my morning looking for different players and like I mentioned earlier I'm enjoying it. I'm just vocal at the moment as I'm trying to sign players off people that don't want to sell and the best way to do that is ask basically.

I've already noted down a couple of players that I want to pick up when they get added to the database as they aren't currently on yet.