Television The Sopranos

GueRed

This is my favorite show of all time (along with Twin Peaks), I can't even keep track of how many times I have watched it, but probably watched the whole series through more than 10 times.
Absolute perfection, the coma episodes are so deep and touching, definitely my favorite part of the series, if I had to pick one.
I guess it's time again to rewatch it, just when I thought I was out... :smirk:
Ten times!? I've just started it again. It's my 5th or 6th time

The best TV show ever

Banat

Ten times!? I've just started it again. It's my 5th or 6th time

The best TV show ever
Well, you aren't that far behind either mate :D
Just started all over again last night, looking forward to Junior Soprano and his antics in early episodes, probably my favorite character in entire series.

GueRed

Well, you aren't that far behind either mate :D
Just started all over again last night, looking forward to Junior Soprano and his antics in early episodes, probably my favorite character in entire series.
:) One of my favourite characters too. Played perfectly by Dominic C.

He had some great lines.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We’re now rewatching this. Well I am. First time my gf has seen it.

Takes a while to get going doesn’t it. I remember being confused the first time I watched it because everyone is quite similar. The kids are just as annoying as I remember though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd really like to re-watch the show, but then I remember I have to re-watch these kids grow up.
Then again the whole anxiety and depression angle wouldn't be possible without them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
We’re now rewatching this. Well I am. First time my gf has seen it.

Takes a while to get going doesn’t it. I remember being confused the first time I watched it because everyone is quite similar. The kids are just as annoying as I remember though.
Season 1 is also goofier than the latter seasons.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 1 is also goofier than the latter seasons.
Yeah we just finished S1. I forgot how many unnecessary slow mo shots they had. There’s also a weird amount of dubbing issues where the actor is clearly not saying what you can hear. Also some of the deaths are comically over the top with regards to how many shots are fired. It almost takes away from the tension for me. Can’t remember if it gets better.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Going through my annual sopranos re-run, just realised between seasons 3 and 4 they don't do very many 'mafia' like business. The storylines were usually centered around gambling, drinking and partying. Silvio doesn't get much screen time like he did in the earlier seasons. Anyone else noticed that?

acnumber9

Going through my annual sopranos re-run, just realised between seasons 3 and 4 they don't do very many 'mafia' like business. The storylines were usually centered around gambling, drinking and partying. Silvio doesn't get much screen time like he did in the earlier seasons. Anyone else noticed that?
They worked round Steve Van Zandt touring so Silvio was always in it less than the others. That’s probably why he never really had his own stories.

lsd

The Oracle
In for a treat tonight have been rewatching the entire series and next up is the Pine Barrens episode not least because Chris and Paulie are my favourite characters

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As mildly uninteresting as Many Saints was, it did answer some questions that help to better contextualize Sopranos era Tony, which in turn has made going through Sopranos episodes yet another time, a bit more interesting.

Leg-End

Tony Sirico has passed away, Paulie Walnuts goes down as one of the best characters ever.

You can take 2022 and give it back to the Indians.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Tony Sirico has passed away, Paulie Walnuts goes down as one of the best characters ever.

You can take 2022 and give it back to the Indians.
Heh heh heh :(

One of TV's all time great characters.

I've been on a Youtube rabbit hole of Sopranos clips for the last week. I really need to just fecking watch the thing again.

Affirmation

It sucks to hear about the passing of Tony Sirico. An incredible man both on and off the screen.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So many memorable scenes from Sopranos, one of the most iconic TV characters.