The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If I hadn't landed my man, I would've been stuck in a pool containing a) players it would be immensely difficult to sell or b) players I simply have no use for, given what positions I need to fill.
Exactly. Having a closed pool during end rounds is a pain. Everyone needs just one position to fill and a tight criteria makes it near impossible to have alternatives that you need in case of a block. Hopefully the next one is open or has a bigger pool.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Exactly. Having a closed pool during end rounds is a pain. Everyone needs just one position to fill and a tight criteria makes it near impossible to have alternatives that you need in case of a block. Hopefully the next one is open or has a bigger pool.
I have basically filled my whole team except a keeper, hopefully the next criteria is not about scoring :p

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah, outside a small handful of clubs that have multiple eligible players who can be labeled truly draft worthy, it was always going to be a straight-up do or die scenario.

If I hadn't landed my man, I would've been stuck in a pool containing a) players it would be immensely difficult to sell or b) players I simply have no use for, given what positions I need to fill.
I'm glad we didn't block each other in this round mate. I thought we were going for the same guy.

ROUND 10, STAGE 2: RESULTS

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
ROUND TEN, STAGE TWO RESULTS

Joga Bonito - PASS
Mazhar13 - PASS
Snow - FAIL (No submission)
Isotope - FAIL (Player already picked)
Marty1968/bleezy - FAIL (Player already picked)
MJJ - PASS

BLOCKED LIST:
Ferenc Puskas, József Bozsik, Dejan Savićević, Duncan Edwards, Ladislao Kubala, Florian Albert, Gyula Grosics, Paolo Roberto Falcao, José Santamaria, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthäus, Elias Figueroa, Misael Escuti, Sepp Maier, Tarcisio Burgnich, David Villa, Ronaldinho, Zico, Lionel Messi, Daniel Passarella, Teófilo Cubillas, Robin Van Persie, Diego Forlan, Pierre Littbarski, Tom Finney, Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbuaer, Frank Rijkaard, Didi, George Best, Jurgen Kohler, Rivaldo, Gerd Muller, Laurent Blanc, Demetrio Albertini, Alessandro Costacurta, Bixente Lizarazu, Ronaldo, Philip Cocu, Roberto Baggio, Luigi Di Biagio, Paul Ince, Hernan Crespo, Roberto Fabian Ayala, Juan Sebastián Verón, David Batty, Emerson, Ronald De Boer, Luis Figo, Marcel Desailly, Johan Cruyff, Carles Puyol, Giacinto Facchetti, Paolo Maldini.

Isotope, Marty1968/bleezy - your next and final pick must be from Barcelona.
Snow - your final pick must be from Milan.

You have 12 hours.

@Isotope
@Marty1968 / @bleezy
@Snow

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why, if you don't mind me asking?
Like the criteria before I quickly skimmed it and sent in the first pick I could think of. I picked Maldini because I knew he would block someone. Didn't think that you would have to pick from the same club. The picks that I see now that are left are in positions I already have.

ROUND 10 RESULTS

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
]ROUND TEN, STAGE THREE RESULTS

Snow - FAIL (No submission)
Isotope - PASS
Marty1968/bleezy - PASS (Player already picked)

BLOCKED LIST:
Ferenc Puskas, József Bozsik, Dejan Savićević, Duncan Edwards, Ladislao Kubala, Florian Albert, Gyula Grosics, Paolo Roberto Falcao, José Santamaria, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthäus, Elias Figueroa, Misael Escuti, Sepp Maier, Tarcisio Burgnich, David Villa, Ronaldinho, Zico, Lionel Messi, Daniel Passarella, Teófilo Cubillas, Robin Van Persie, Diego Forlan, Pierre Littbarski, Tom Finney, Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbuaer, Frank Rijkaard, Didi, George Best, Jurgen Kohler, Rivaldo, Gerd Muller, Laurent Blanc, Demetrio Albertini, Alessandro Costacurta, Bixente Lizarazu, Ronaldo, Philip Cocu, Roberto Baggio, Luigi Di Biagio, Paul Ince, Hernan Crespo, Roberto Fabian Ayala, Juan Sebastián Verón, David Batty, Emerson, Ronald De Boer, Luis Figo, Marcel Desailly, Johan Cruyff, Carles Puyol, Giacinto Facchetti, Paolo Maldini.

FULL ROUND TEN RESULTS:

Skizzo/Pat - Néstor Gonçalves
Chesterlestreet - Billy Wright
Enigma87/RedTiger - Billy McNeill
Joga Bonito - Francesco Zagatti
Mazhar13 - Armando Castellazzi
Cal? - Gary Neville
Snow - Sheep - Aitor Larrazábal
Stobzilla - Albert Shesternyov
Tuppet - František Plánička
Isotope - Sergio Busquets
EAP/ctp - György Sárosi
Invictus/KM - Jose Camacho
The Stain - Andres Iniesta
Sjor/Physio - Paul Scholes
Marty1968/Bleezy - Joan Segarra
MJJ - Sandro Mazzola

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After Facchetti, I think Castellazzi (not the keeper, my pick) is actually quite good for my team. I hope to sell him well because he was a great player for Inter and Italy.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
best human player that i had privilege to watch.....now we can lose the first round match in peace:cool: #firstroundexperts @Physiocrat

Enigma_87

You know who
Happy with the back line as it is:

Komano -- B.McNeill -- Cannavaro -- Vogts

Having in mind how tough this round is(and Komano as a sheep but will integrate him in the formation).:D

Enigma_87

You know who
half of the teams are with no goal keeper with 2 rounds coming. Hopefully that will be taken in mind by @Gio and the committee. :nervous:

BTW will we have a reinforcement round from the blocked players, I've seen it in some of the drafts?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Someone still had to pick from Barca so i couldn't well say it outright. But ye, obvious is obvious. I tried not going for the obvious in a previous round (Didi).

Enigma_87

You know who
Someone still had to pick from Barca so i couldn't well say it outright. But ye, obvious is obvious. I tried not going for the obvious in a previous round (Didi).
We thought of picking him as a rather "safe" choice as most will concentrate on defenders, but.....It was better so that both picks went through.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not bad so far methinks...

Very good indeed. Beckham tho as a CM looks odd and not enough to support De Rossi. But surely without sheep that's a great team and you will have advantage over other sides.

So far. Missing keeper and RW obviously.

Edit: ignore the arrows, came up when I was tinkering with the formation.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Very good indeed. Beckham tho as a CM looks odd and not enough to support De Rossi.
Very odd. He's got Beckham and Neville and chooses not to take advantage of that partnership. Ronaldo on the left means a very attack-minded left back to utilize the space he leaves. Irwin is a solid full back but he's more the Neville type. I knew this would happen as he couldn't resist going after Ronaldo but honestly he could have built a better team without one of the best players in the world.

Not that it matters though, other teams are riddled with sheep and his isn't so this should be a walk in the park for him.